1965 International Harvester 4X4 D1200 Pickup Truck
Sale price: $8,313.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2014-01-01
CLAYTON WIXEY (from lawton,ok) offered 6,000.00 usd
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Trim:||2 Door Cab|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1965 International Harvester 4X4 D1200 Pickup Truck for sale
For bids is a 1965 International Harvester. 4X4. D1200. Pickup Truck.
Engine: 266 V-8
Transmission: T 16 Synchromesh Four-Speed
Transfer Case: TL 41
Front Axle: FA 15
Rear Axle: RA 10
Left Side Mounted Carrier and Tire
Included with the truck is an operator's manual. a copy of the line set ticket. and a repair manual.
The pickup truck began its life on a farm in Southern Indiana; it then went to a landscape company in New Jersey where it was restored.
This truck was restored approximately 11 years ago with the following changes:
1. The dump bed was designed. built. and added using a Rugby hoist
2. Special heavy weight 8 bolt wheels were designed. built. and installed with BF Goodrich Radial Mud-Terrain A/T R16 LT 225/75 R16 Tires
3. Special bumpers built from aluminum
4. New interior with rolled and pleated headliner and new seat upholstery
5. Special paint color
I purchased the truck in June 2005 and it has always been stored inside. It has never been driven in the winter months.
January and February 2011. the engine was removed. disassembled. cleaned. repaired. painted. and re-installed with the following parts being replaced and/or repaired.
1. Clutch. pilot bearing. throw-out bearing. installer. pressure plate
2. Brake hose
3. Valve cover gasket set. intake gasket set. exhaust manifold set. O-ring. Outlet gasket. conversion gasket set
4. Valley pan gasket
5. Radiator cap
6. Freeze plug
7. Exhaust donuts
8. Carb gasket
9. Champion plugs
10. Flywheel (resurface)
11. Radiator (cleaned & repaired)
The following parts have been repaired and/or replaced during my possession:
1. Stop light switch
2. Oil switch
3. Slave cylinder
4. Bumpers (stripped & type II anodize clear w/hot water seal -- (polish)
5. Glove box
6. Fog lights and license plate light
7. Transfer case (replaced seal. gasket set. & gear lube)
8. Gas tank (removed. cleaned. repaired. painted. reinstalled)
9. Exhaust system (replaced failing system with new dual exhaust system)
10. Power steering (replaced lower gear box seal)
11. Driver's side window regulator (replaced with a used regulator with new screws installed)
This pickup truck is mechanically sound and can be driven anywhere at a speed of 55 to 60 mph. It runs very smooth at this speed with the current 4. 10 ratio differential. If you wanted to change to a different differential ratio. I'm certain you could increase the driving speed. The speedometer works correctly but the odometer does not.
If you have questions about the mechanical condition of the truck let me know and. if I can't answer your question. I can put you in touch with the certified mechanic that has worked on it since June 2005.
The interior is in excellent condition with no tears or cracks.
The exterior is in excellent condition with the normal 11 years of wear. There is a dent. /u> as shown in one of the pictures. on the headlight ring on the passenger's side. You are bidding on one of the best 1965 D1200 pickups in the country.
If you wish to see the vehicle. which looks much better than the pictures. you may contact me through eBay. email at aladac1@hotmail. com. or call me at 260-927-8445.
It is time to move on. I have a 1972 Travelall with a 345 V-8. 4 wheel drive. and a 5 speed transmission that I may spend some time with.
The truck has been driven quite often in the summer months to car and truck shows. It is well known in Northeast Indiana and Northwest Ohio. It was driven to and shown at the following shows this year:
1. Steuben County Antique Power Association's 17th annual Farm Equipment Show - Angola. Indiana
2. The Annual Red Power Round-up Show - Lima. Ohio
3. The Ohio Vintage Truck Jamboree - Ashland. Ohio
4. The 24th Annual International Scout & Light Truck Nationals - Troy. Ohio
5. The Maumee Valley Antique Steam & Gas Association's 36th Annual Summer Show - New Haven. Indiana
6. The Auburn/Cord/Duisenberg cruise-in - Auburn. Indiana
7. The 13th Annual Auburn Truck Heritage Chapter truck show at the Flat Creek Fall Festival - Paulding. Ohio
The winning bidder will be contacted after the auction ends and will be required to deposit $1. 00 within two days via PayPal or bank wire transfer. The balance is due within 7 days after the auction ends via bank transfer or certified bank check that must be cleared before delivery. The vehicle may be picked up after the bank has cleared payment.
It is the responsibility of the winning bidder to arrange for and pay for transportation. I will assist with transportation any way I can. if requested by the winning bidder.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Howard Smith, dated 16 july 2017
is this truck still 4 sale,
if so please call Howard 409-316-9403
from Don, dated 18 march 2016
May be interested. What is your reason for selling?
from Stan Wasson, dated 13 november 2014
Is this awesome truck still for sale?
from Brandon, dated 28 october 2014
Good morning, do you still have this vehicle for sale? if yes please contact me.
from Naushop Construction, dated 24 january 2014
Is this truck still avaialbale?
Other classic International cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $1,827.501958 International Harvester A-100 METRO
price: $1,675.00IHC Four Wheel Drive Mud Toy not Jeep FJ40 Bronco V8
price: $US $500.001989 International Harvester International
price: $US $2,900.001951 International Harvester Other