"The coolest truck EVER!" IHC 4WD 4x4 IH Harvester
Sale price: $5,400.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||5.0L 4982CC 304Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated|
|Trim:||Base Sport Utility 2-Door|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
"The coolest truck EVER!" IHC 4WD 4x4 IH Harvester for sale
As I parked my Scout and got my kids out of the back seat. an exuberant lady I'd never met leaped out of her van and ran up to me. With her eyes open wide. she raised her arms out toward me and blurted “That's the coolest truck I've ever seen!” “Ha ha. thanks. I replied casually. “No. you don't understand. she said. slowing down for emphasis: “THE coolest truck EVER!”
You get used to this sort of thing when you drive a Scout. J
This beautiful Scout II has been my daily driver. as well as my ticket to fishing. camping. and enthusiastic compliments from random strangers. for 11 years now. When I bought it I would describe it's condition as tired but unmolested: all stock and never butchered. Since then I've spent over a decade making repairs as well as sensible safety & comfort upgrades while keeping it in the spirit of a stock vehicle. and it's now about 90% completed (see below for items still needing attention). Sadly my growing family and looming college bills are forcing me to rethink our car situation and part with my ride.
· Original IH 304 (5. 0L) V8
· TF727 automatic transmission (rebuilt 3 years ago). transmission cooler. and new tranny mount. It shifts smooth and strong; better than my wife's Honda
· Dana 20 transfer case (rebuilt 11 years ago; works well)
· Holley 2300 carburetor (350 cfm)
· Power steering
· Pertronix 2 electronic ignition (no changing points!) & matching ignition coil
· Dana 44 axles with 3. 73 gear ratio and limited slip rear differential
· Factory front disc brakes (NEW calipers. NEW rotors. and NEW brake booster all installed June 2014). Good. responsive stopping power
· Dual batteries with battery selector switch. Newer primary/crank battery (purchased September 2013)
· Rollbar/showbar with front shoulder seatbelts
· New tires (less than 6. 00 miles on them)
· Brand new floor panels. insulation. door weather stripping. carpet. and undercarriage coating on the new metal. It rides quieter and better insulated than ever!
· Brushed stainless steel dash and 7 gauge suite (oil pressure. water temp. tachometer. vacuum gauge. speedometer. fuel gauge. voltmeter)
Other work performed over the past decade includes:
· replaced ball joints & axle U-joints (approx. 5 years ago). and driveline U-joints (11 years ago)
· New spring bushings (approx. 6 years ago)
· New U-bolts. and installed caster shims (approx. 2 years ago). This Scout tracks straight and true
· New water pump (approx. 4 years ago)
· Replaced all belts. coolant hoses. and water tube O-rings (approx. 4 years ago)
· Replaced rear wheel bearings (approx. 7 years ago)
· new windshield & seal (approx. 3 years ago)
· Brake system flush (June 2014)
· Installed Class III hitch & flat-4 trailer light connector
· Had the exterior painted 11 years ago
This Scout has been garaged for the past 8 years; the paint is holding up okay considering it's age. but has the normal dings and blemishes you'd expect after 11 years. I drive it less than 9. 00 miles per year. and change the oil & filter faithfully every three months. It leaks a little oil (roughly ½ quart per month). *Actual mileage is unknown because the odometer had been replaced by a previous owner. * The removable hard top is in good condition; it has only been off the vehicle once (for painting) and does not leak.
This Scout fires up every time. runs strong. has a clean title. handles snow & ice the way God intended. turns heads. and is Oregon DEQ-free. I have the original lineset ticket. and will also include the full IH Shop Manual.
Work still needed (the other 10%):
· There is cosmetic paint damage below the fuel filler cap that was caused by a previous owner plugging the vent line for the gas tank (don't ask me why…). The tank is now vented.
· The body has no significant rust. with one main exception: the driver side rear quarter panel (same area as the paint damage noted above: see pics). I treated the wheel well area and packed it with fiberglass as a temporary patch which stopped the rust. but the panel ultimately needs to be repaired or replaced. Brand new (not salvaged!) complete quarter panels are available for around $250. and would be a good way to remedy these first two items (that's what I would do next if I were keeping the Scout). I can point the buyer in the right direction if desired.
· The rear tailgate & liftgate could use new weather stripping.
· Three of the indicator lights on the dash (L turn signal. high beam & brake indicators) aren't functioning – probably a grounding issue in the dash wiring. R turn signal indicator works. NOTE: this is just the indicator lights on the dash. The actual turn signals and high beams work.
So who am I. and why don't I have a feedback rating? Legit questions! I bought a few items on EBay many years ago and got a 100% positive rating from all 3 (yes. a whopping three. lol) sellers I purchased from. But it's been so long that the email address associated with that account is gone & I had to make a new EBay account. So since I'm not a regular EBay-er. I'll say that I'm a married father of 2 living and working in the Portland area in Oregon. I deal honestly when buying and selling items and appreciate it when others do as well. so if you would like to talk to me before placing a bid. feel free to e-mail me and I'll gladly set up a time to talk. If you have questions about the vehicle itself. please post them here so others can see the answers as well. and I will reply promptly.
- $500 due within 48 hours of the close of auction via PayPal. with the balance due by PayPal or certified/bank check. within 7 days of auction close.
- I will gladly arrange to show the vehicle to local bidders. or work with your inspector. Serious inquiries only please!
- Vehicle is available for pick-up in the Portland Metro area. or I will deliver within Portland to your shipper (buyer is responsible for shipping costs and arrangements).
- This vehicle is being sold as-is with no warranty expressed or implied. If there are any questions you have please ask and I'll reply promptly!
Thanks for looking. happy bidding. and good luck!On Jul-19-14 at 13:01:49 PDT. seller added the following information:
EDIT: the oil pressure gauge just cut out. I have ordered a new sender unit and will update when repaired. All other gauges are functioning.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic International cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $15,000.001978 International Harvester Scout
price: $US $10,100.001979 International Harvester Scout
price: $6,950.001973 International Harvester Scout
price: $23,995.001977 International Harvester Scout II