1992 Jaguar XJS
Sale price: $13,750.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Safety Features:||Power seats, Memory seats., Power mirrors, Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag|
|Interior Color:||Cream leather|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1992 Jaguar XJS for sale
Current customer rating: (49 votes) based on
1991 was the first year of the Facelift JXS. Here is a quote from the XJS Club model history.
"XJS Facelift 5. 3 liter 1991. After a run of 16 years. the XJ-S became the XJS Facelift. Virtually a new shell design. the older characteristics were incorporated to produce what can only be described as arguably the sleekest looking Jaguar of all time. Gone were the plastic side rear window trims and the metal surrounds to the door windows. The rear end was also improved with wrap around lighting. " Unquote.
If you are familiar with the 5. 3 liter V12 XJS. you will know how important engine cooling and oil pressure are. Oil pressure has never been an issue with this car (it's excellent) and I use Castrol 20w50 exclusively changed annually as I only drive it less than 1. 00 miles per year.
To eliminate any concerns about cooling I had the radiator removed. boiled and pressure tested. The electric fan was replaced as were the two thermostats with the correct jiggle pins - this is vital to ensure effective removal of air locks in the cooling system.
The car starts. runs. shifts and drives beautifully. It has never let me down. The soft top goes up and down smoothly and is like new.
During my ownership I have had the following work done in addition to annual oil. filter and lubrication service.
* New rotors a disc brake pads including the hard to reach handbrake pads.
* New tires with four wheel alignment.
* Brake fluid replaced.
* Differential rebuilt.
* Radiator removed and serviced as above.
* Both correct thermostats replaced as above.
* A/C completely refurbished including new compressor. dryer and evaporator and R134 gas. I love the ice cold air even though it's a convertible.
* While the compressor was out. I had all 12 spark plugs replaced. The two plugs at the front of the engine are virtually impossible to replace with the compressor in place.
* New Bilstein shock absorbers.
* Antenna replaced. I'm sure you've seen antennas at half mast on many older Jaguars. Not this one. It goes up and down smoothly.
* New turnbuckles on battery cover. These are very difficult to find but I found them through our Jaguar club. The battery cover is secure and doesn't wobble about.
* The manifold donuts were replaced. (We call them "olives" in England. ) The engine runs very quiet as a result with no blowing manifold.
* Plush carpet mats fit over the original carpet which is in excellent condition.
* The pigtail from the battery cover (see photo) is the lead for a BatteryTender which I use during the winter months. This will be included in the sale.
I bought the car with a modern AM/FM radio installed but I secured the original Jaguar radio from the previous owner which will be included with the sale of the car and. most importantly. the radio code without which it wont work.
Also included is a custom cover for the soft top. See photos. This can be easily installed when the top is up to protect the top from rain or dirt. It folds flat and is stored in its own nylon bag in the trunk.
I will also include a set of FlatStoppers which i found useful during extended periods of limited use.
To summarize. This is one of the straightest. most original. rust free (always garaged). smooth running. most reliable XJS' you are likely to find. I entered it in two car shows and won a Best in Class and a 3rd in show out of over 100 British cars. Both trophies will be included in the sale.
All photos were taken on June 10. 2017 so what you see is what you get.
This is a genuine. beautiful. great running XJS that anyone would be proud to own and a joy to drive.
Remember that this is a 25 year old car and. while in excellent condition. is not a new car. It has wear consistent with a much loved older car.
Buyer is responsible for shipping but I will assist where possible with pick up etc. The car is located in Saluda. NC 28773.
It is getting harder to find an unmolested. original. great looking and great running XJS and prices are finally moving up. I have set a reasonable reserve that reflects its great condition.
I will answer any questions and thank you for looking at my auction.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $5,100.002014 Nissan Leaf MODEL S QUICK CHARGE
price: $US $20,200.001972 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 Short Bed K10
price: $21,788.002012 Ford F-150 XLT
price: $12,900.002000 Porsche 911
|2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata MX-5 MIATA GRAND TOURING CONVERTIBLE||13||$10,999.00|
|2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL HTD LEATHER SUNROOF NAV||21||$16,480.00|
|1995 Jaguar XJS||12||$8,995.00|
|1929 Ford Model A||15||$35,995.00|
|1997 Ford F-250 XL 2dr 4WD Standard Cab LB HD||18||$5,900.00|
|2008 Subaru WRX||12||$22,995.00|
|2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport **Super Charged**||16||$16,996.00|
|2013 Ford E-Series Van||7||$19,750.00|
|2013 Subaru Other Limited||12||$18,942.00|
|1997 Mercedes-Benz 600-Series S600||21||$12,995.00|
|2001 Volvo V70 --||12||$4,975.00|
|2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500||3||$10,800.00|
|2015 Ford Taurus SHO||4||$26,788.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Traverse FWD 4dr LS w/1LS||11||$30,017.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT||12||$37,589.00|
|2012 Maserati Gran Turismo C Sport||4||$65,900.00|
|1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo||19||$US $4,950.00|
|2017 Ford F-150 ROUSH F-150||20||$73,977.00|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300||1||$34,690.00|
|2010 Ford F-250 XLT 4x4 SuperCab LB 6.4L Diesel 4X4 Deleted||21||$24,995.00|