1964 International Harvester Scout
Sale price: $21,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||Gorgeous Seafoam Green|
|Engine:||196ci, 4 cylinder|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1964 International Harvester Scout for sale
For all the VIP's who are PERFECTIONISTS and looking for something a little more UNIQUE and RARE. Sonoran Classic Restorations has done it again in offering this GORGEOUS half-cab 4 x 4 International Harvester Scout 80.
Whether you are looking for an EXCEPTIONAL entry in your next local car show or just want a super cute Scout that's PERFECT for cruising around town. going on pick-nicks. heading out to the lake or beach. or picking up your flowers this Spring from the local nursery. this is the one!
This is a meticulous frame off. nut and bolt restoration. Nothing has been left untouched with every item having been replaced. reconditioned or upgraded. There is NOTHING average about this restoration when compared with many others. And you'll see from the last photo just how far this Scout has come.
It's a complete makeover from top to bottom and inside out. starting with an “EXQUISITE AND ONE OF A KIND BODY COLOR" (as we test drive. the folks don't just take a glance. they completely turn around to get a good look. it's a definite head turner).
With that. our goal was to enter this Scout in one of the prominent car shows in Scottsdale this past January. but we simply ran out of time with all the other projects. And while we could hold it until next year. there are just too many others in waiting.
So following are all the details:
Bodywork and paint was just professionally completed by me. a seasoned Professional Auto Body Painter of 27 years. Paint was originally tan. thus the Scout was disassembled. old paint stripped. and properly recolored to a fine metallic seafoam green. which was a period correct color for the 1960's. The bodywork was done to where the Scout is ARROW STRAIGHT - paint is smooth as crystal glass with a deep gloss from using 3 coats of PPG clear and being colored sanded and buffed for a STUNNING APPEARANCE!
Dual fuel tanks
All new lights and lenses
New electric wipers
New windshield. remaining glass in good condition
Awesome flip down windshield for unobstructed views
New weatherstripping and seals
Underneath is dry and rust free
Wheels and Tires:Brand new whitewall tires Wheels reconditioned to original specs - new lug nuts and studs. weights mounted on inside New wheel bearings on all 4 corners Axles are Dana 27's. rear has limited slip and have all new U joints
Engine:196ci. 4 cylinder
T18 BorgWarner 4 speed transmission (first gear is granny low)
Dana 20 transfer case
Entire drive train is from a 1967 Scout and had approximately 45. 00 miles
Both transfer case and transmission were inspected and resealed with new seals and gaskets
Engine was rebuilt with new bearings. rings. lifters. all new seals and gaskets. runs smooth and strong
All fluids and oils are fresh
Heads were removed. inspected and cleaned. new valve seals and springs
New water pump
All new fuel lines. tank selector switch
New fuel pump and filter
New one-wire internally regulated alternator
New hoses and thermostat
New plugs. caps and wires
New muffler and exhaust
Differentials were drained. inspected. and new fluid differential oil added. all new seals. and wheel bearings
4 Wheel Drive works properly. high and low gear
Heating/Air:New heater hoses. heater works great
New fan switch
New heater/vent ducts
Brake System:Totally new brake system – lines. hoses. master cylinder. shoes. wheel cylinders. and hardware
Suspension:New bushings and shocks
New bolts/nuts and U bolts/nuts
Steers nice and tight
Steering gear does not leak
Interior:Brand new reupholstered vinyl seat with all new material underneath
Interior looks all new. gauges are clean. smells fresh and brand new
New rubber matting
All interior dash lights work
New interior instructional decals
Electrical was inspected. in good shape. added new light switch. new ignition switch
All gauges work properly with an additional temp. volts and oil pressure gauges to replace “idiot lights”
Clear title and clean Carfax in hand
Now as beautiful as this Scout has turned out. remember it is a 1964. The windows have slight scratches on the sides and rear. though barely noticeable. The rubber around the wing vents is original. as replacements cannot be purchased. They are a little hard and worn. but still look quite good. The radio is original and not working. which again is typical for a vehicle of this age. These Scouts also have manual steering and brakes. so they are a little harder to turn and stop. Also know that they are gear driven and have no carpet or sound proofing. so they will not be as quiet as today's cars…think “little tractor”. When you purchase one of these beauties you can expect some occasional tinkering and maintenance and please realize it is a carburetor motor and you will need to pump the gas pedal prior to starting. That said. these are still incredible vehicles and well worth the extra care that is required.
We know this is a big purchase. so please ask all questions PRIOR TO BIDDING. as we are happy to provide all the information that we can. And if you need additional photos of ANYTHING. we have many more and are happy to provide them!
AND…. if you are in our local area and would like to view the vehicle in person prior to bidding. we can certainly arrange a viewing by appointment.
· Immediately following close of auction. a $1. 00 NON-REFUNDABLEdeposit is due via Paypal. The remaining balance is due within 3 days (unless other arrangements are made). Balance to be paid via wire (we will provide all the information) or cash at pickup (if picking up within the 3 day timeframe). We do not accept cashier's checks. personal or business checks. nor do we offer financing.
IF YOU HAVE RETRACTED A BID IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS. YOU MUST CONTACT US PRIOR TO BIDDING!!!
· FIRST TIME BIDDERS OR 0 FEEDBACK BIDDERS…PLEASE CONTACT US PRIOR TO BIDDING!!!!!
NON-PAYING BIDDERS WILL RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!
· This vehicle is available for inspection in Scottsdale. AZ anytime prior to end of auction. Purchaser acknowledges they have been given the opportunity to inspect the vehicle or to have it inspected and the Purchaser is accepting the vehicle in its existing condition.
· This vehicle is being sold in “as is” condition and the Seller expressly disclaims all warranties. whether expressed or implied. including but not limited to. any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Further. the Seller disclaims any warranty as to the condition or working order of the vehicle. The Seller does not assume. or authorize any other person to assume on behalf of the Seller. any liability in connection with the sale of the vehicle. The Seller's disclaimer of warranties does not. in any way. affect the terms of any applicable warranties from the manufacturer of the vehicle.
· The Seller warrants that Seller is the legal owner of the vehicle. the vehicle is free from all liens and encumbrances. the Seller has full right and authority to sell and transfer the vehicle. and the Seller will warrant and defend title of the vehicle against any and all claims and demands of all persons.
· Please note that this vehicle is used and while Seller has described the vehicle to the best of their ability. Seller is not the original owner and said vehicle will still show signs of use.
· Seller reserves the right to cancel this auction early if a local buyer is procured prior to auction end time.
· Buyer is responsible for all costs related to shipping. taxes. title. and registration fees.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION. DETAILS. AND TERMS BEFORE PLACING YOUR BID!THANK YOU!!!!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic International cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $2,500.001950 International Harvester Other
price: $3,050.001966 IHC International 1200 4x4 3/4 ton truck and camper rebuilt engine AC in CA
price: $US $6,100.001965 International Harvester Scout Scout
price: $3,400.00266 V8 4 Speed 1/2 Ton Runs & Drives Good Solid Truck!!