1957 Replica/Kit Makes PORSCHE SPEEDSTER
Sale price: $US $17,100.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||Porsche Rainforest Green|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1957 Replica/Kit Makes PORSCHE SPEEDSTER for sale
Current customer rating: (189 votes) based on
2005 Porsche Speedster
High Quality Porsche Speedster Replica by Beck Speedsters
Only 6. 49 Original Kilometers Since NEW (4. 20 MILES)
Superior Power. Braking. and Handling Relative to the Original Speedster
Totally Turn-key Ready for Your Enjoyment
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model. considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However. we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However. if you are not prepared to read the full listing. please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer. please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Speedster and answer any questions over the telephone. including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes. the Speedster can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR. ENGINE. UNDERCARRIAGE. ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS SPEEDSTER. BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO. YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM. PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE EBAY LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE SPEEDSTER. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and. unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment. you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 23+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 900+ positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly.
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality. suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed. bonded (for the financial transaction). fully insured. and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers. and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again. please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS - THIS PARTICULAR PORSCHE SPEEDSTER
Over the years since the Porsche Speedster's heyday in the mid to late 1950s. many firms have produced replicas of this iconic model. However. many owners of Speedster recreations believe that the Beck Speedster represented the epitome of the tribute cars. This particular car was assembled by Beck in February 20. 2005 for a customer by special order. Of interest is the fact that the car's first owner had a Boxster "S” finished in the striking color of Rainforest Metallic Green and wanted his Speedster to match. So. Beck added the custom color in high quality two-stage paint and. unlike some inexpensive Speedsters. the car is actually painted. not finished in a gel-coat color.
This Speedster was purchased by the current owner on July 26. 2008 with 1. 49 kilometers and during his 8+ years of ownership. the car has accumulated an additional 5. 00 kilometers. Note: the speedometer / odometer read in kilometers so. currently the car has only traveled 4. 20 miles since new. The car has always been stored indoors and. as is the case with his entire collection of sports and high performance vehicles. cared for by his professional mechanic receiving cost no object maintenance and regular inspections.
The car was easily retitled in the state of New Jersey by the current owner in 2008 as a Special Construction car that was accepted due to the style of the car and documentation in the file that supports the engine being a 1600cc sourced from a 1966 VW. The Beck Speedster belongs to a long-time friend and client of Classic Cars Ltd. who recently purchased another vehicle from us and is "space challenged” as a result of a large collection of collectible vehicles. Previously titled in Ohio. the car qualifies for titling in multiple states but is being offered with a clear. New Jersey title. Please check your local requirements for titling special construction vehicles before you bid or let us know if you have questions regarding your state. While we don't know each states regulations. we have sold cars to virtually every state during the past 23+ years.
DESIGN OF THE BECK SPEEDSTERS CARS
Manufacture of Speedster replicas began in the 1970s. Early manufacturers used a shortened VW floor pan and did not adequately reinforce the body. This led to the infamous "jack test” where. when lifted with a jack. the body flex would lead to the doors no longer closing properly. Beck Speedsters are built from scratch utilizing a tube frame and a Speedster chassis not an old. shortened VW floor pan that lacks the strength and superior engineering of Becks tubular steel chassis.
Beck has been producing produces high quality. classically styled sports cars in a factory environment for 30+ years. They enjoy an excellent reputation for hand constructed. limited production. high quality products. manufacturing "turn-key” cars. By completing each phase of the vehicles build including body. chassis. paint. interior. and mechanical component installation they are able to offer a higher quality example eliminating the wide range of quality seen with "garage built”. inexpensive kit cars.
Beck products have earned the respect of all of the world's major automotive magazines. including Car & Driver. Motor Trend. Road & Track. European Car and many more. The BECK Speedster and BECK Spyder products incorporate standard features such as a 3" DOM tubular steel chassis. disc brakes. full leather interior. hand-laid glass. high quality paint and a beautifully fit convertible top and side curtains.
FEATURES OF THIS BECK SPEEDSTER
This particular Beck Speedster was built for an owner to specification and includes the following features:
- Custom Two-Stage Paint - Porsche "Rainforest Green Metallic”
- Striking tan / caramel leather interior with spacious cockpit (Fully adjustable seats which will accommodate a wide range of drivers up to 6'4”. 250 lb. +)
- Driver's side chrome side mirror
- Proper gold Porsche exterior emblems for a lovely contrast against the dark green metallic paint work
- Striking tan / caramel interior. door panels and color coordinated trim / accents
- Interior mounted fire extinguisher
- Color coordinated canvas tan convertible top (easily put in place. doesn't need to be "constructed like other Speedsters”
- Beautiful steering wheel with unique center crest
- Optional Ivory shift knob with pattern
- Optional color coordinated full tonneau cover with zipper down the middle
- Beck matching floor mats
- Upgraded AM/FM. CD with speakers and antenna hidden (mounted in front compartment "firewall”)
- Chrome wheels and center caps with Porsche logos
- Front disc brakes
- 1915 cc engine with NEW dual Weber carburetors for excellent performance with an estimated 125+ hp
- Upgraded 1 ½” exhaust system
- 3:88 gearing / Rancho transaxle
- Engine tuning upgrades including: MSD ignition. Bosch coil. tuned by CB Performance
- Rear mounted Interstate battery with cut-off switch
- Front trunk fully carpeted with prop rod
- Matching chrome mounted spare wheel / matching tire
The Beck has been part of a large collection that was properly stored but. as a result of the owner having a dozen cars. was used sparingly. However. the car received cost no object maintenance although with just over 4. 00 miles has not had any significant needs and remains in totally "turn-key” condition.
However. within the past 1. 00 miles the car has received the benefit of a major tune-up including the following:
- NEW Weber 44 carburetors (to replace smaller lower performance carbs)
- Spark plugs
- Points & distributor
- Change all filters (fuel & air)
- Set ignition timing
- Complete oil service & lubrication (synthetic)
- Adjust carburetors
• Rainforest metallic paint (Deep "British Racing Green”) paint
• Tan convertible top w/ clear plastic rear window
• Side curtains w/ clear plastic windows
• Damage free. well-fitting full tonneau cover
• Crack / chip-free windshield and polished aluminum frame
• Nice free from "parking rash” front and rear bumpers
• Left side outer chrome rear view mirrors
• Gold "SPEEDSTER” badging on side of both front fenders
• 1600 SUPER badging on rear compartment lid
• No luggage rack or previous holes drilled to mount same
• Excellent chrome/black rubber rocker trim
• Entire underside damage free and clean
• Factory leather interior including bucket seats w/ finished rear "jump seat” (suitable for smaller passengers. dogs. packages. etc. )
• Color coordinated tan shoulder belts / seat belts
• Excellent tan door panels w/ storage pocket
• Matching tan carpet throughout
• Beck logo floor mats
• Excellent matching tan dash pad
• Inside rear view mirror on windshield strut
• Fully functional heater ducts in both kick pad areas
• Defroster ducts
• Analog speedometer. tachometer. temperature and fuel gauges
• Warning lights for other functions
• Pioneer AM/FM stereo w/ CD. speakers in front panels
• Unique Ivory shift knob
• Beautiful banjo steering wheel in tan with unique center mounted emblem
• Fire extinguisher mounted on floor forward of passenger seat
• Inside release pulls for both front and rear compartment lids
• Well fitting. non-sagging closing / opening doors and compartment lids
• Front compartment beautifully carpeted in tan
• Beautifully clean and detailed engine compartment
The deep green metallic paint is in nice condition with great coverage and minimal imperfections consistent with the age of the vehicle. The body gaps / fit are excellent and consistent with the high quality that Beck is known for. The front trunk and rear deck lid open with cockpit releases and both have prop rods. They open and close properly and fit very well. Both bumpers are excellent and do not show any signs of damage of parking lot "rash. ” The windshield is excellent as is the frame.
The tan leather sports style seats and entire interior is in excellent condition. The "Banjo” steering wheel adds a wonderful touch of authenticity and is accented by a lovely. unique center horn button that can be seen in the photos. The shift knob is also very nice; finished in ivory with the proper shift pattern engraved on the top. The cars electrical system is fully functional including wipers. lights. turn signals and a horn operated by centrally located button on the dash within easy reach.
The tan convertible top. side curtains. and tonneau cover are all in very good condition and free from significant discoloration of the windows showing no rips. tears or damage. The convertible top is on an actual frame and is easily fastened with tow clasps at the windshield header. Unlike inferior kits it remains on the top structure and can be covered with either a matching convertible boot cover of the full tonneau cover (both including).
The tan sports style seats interior is in excellent condition. much as when new. The Nardi steering wheel and wood Porsche logo shift knob provide nice accents. The engine compartment is strikingly clean. The underside of the car is nearly as new. probably never being driven in rainy weather.
The engine compartment is strikingly clean. The underside of the car is straight and free from damage and reflects the large tubular chassis that make the Beck a solid. well handling car. The car is free from the characteristic leaks.
The chrome wheels and discreet Beck logo center caps are in excellent condition and the car sports a matching set of 165R 15” radials with considerable tread and even wear.
The drivability of the Beck clearly exceeds that of the other Speedster recreations that we have owned. This includes the Vintage Speedster and several others that are on a VW platform and lack the integrity of Beck's engineered. substantial chassis. With the 125 horsepower the Speedster is very responsive. has just the right exhaust note. and is great fun to drive. If you're concerned about spending time talking with people and admiring glances…this may not be the car for you!
The car starts immediately when cold and hot and runs cool. even in warm California temperatures. The engine is very strong and does not smoke. leak. or exhibit any problems. The Porsche idles smoothly at just below 1000 rpm. and runs through all of the gears.
The transmission is excellent and all of the syncromesh gears function perfectly. There is no noise in the driveline and the clutch engages properly. and without slippage. chattering or fuss. The brakes function properly stopping the Porsche Speedster straight and sure. The car passed the most recent safety inspection. with no findings/needs. The emergency brake is functional and correctly adjusted.
The engine and engine bay are very clean. and free from excessive oil. dirt and grease. We have owned / driven a large number of Speedsters over the years. and can say with confidence. that this is an excellent running and driving car that will provide years of future enjoyment.
• Sold with a clear New Jersey title as a 2008 Recreation (Special Construction)
• Includes considerable documentation that was needed to have the car qualify as Special Construction including letter from Beck. information pertaining to the cars original engine (1966 VW) and other useful information.
• Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers. turn signals. lights and brakes.
HISTORY OF THE PORSCHE SPEEDSTER
The Porsche 356 Speedster is a luxury sports car and was Porsche's first production automobile. It was a lightweight and nimble-handling rear-engine rear-wheel-drive 2-door sports car available in hardtop coupe and open configurations. Engineering innovations continued during the years of manufacture. contributing to its motorsports success and popularity. Porsche introduced the 356 Speedster to the American marketplace in September 1954. The light weight. bare-to-the-bones style of the Speedster line soon became the American race icon. often winning SCCA races in stock trim. Decades later. numerous firms have produced replicas of the car.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always. we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including. but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior. exterior. top. chrome. etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance. licensing by the state. and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action. grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources. transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same. small. California town for over 23 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar". indoor showroom. and specialize in the sale. consignment. and purchase of sports. high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local. private owners and collectors. and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars. with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally. and around the country. As a result. we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales. such as wholesale auctions. salvage sales. or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles. or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique. classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay. or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate. complete. and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers. terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 900+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured. bonded. and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50. 00 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers. and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles. we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle). thanks in large part to the Internet and the fact that Beck is still operating and offering full support for owners
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. we prefer that you call so that we may respond to questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives. etc.
- We encourage inspections of this Speedster by serious. qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this Beck we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However. we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles. and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback. standing in the community. length of time in business. and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips. nicks. scratches. etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration. or even a relatively new. used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also. ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles. these cars require regular. ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge. patience. and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said. collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but. in some instances. has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result. we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Thank you. br />
Classic Cars Ltd.
Body Type / Style:Coupe Exterior Color:Rainforest Green Metallic Interior Color:Tan Engine:4 Cylinder Transmission: 4 Speed Manual Mileage:4320 Drive:Rear Doors:2
Terms & Conditions
Buyers outside of California will be responsible for a $195. 00 fee for processing/administration. The charge will apply if the vehicle is purchased through ebay or before or after the auction. directly through Classic Cars Ltd.
The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere. We reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. We will be glad to discuss details of a "pre-auction" purchase (925) 846 1451.
Inspections of vehicles are encouraged but (by appointment only) must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
Out of state buyers are responsible for the high bid and any shipping costs. California buyers are subject to the appropriate sales tax. DMV transfer. and fees associated with the purchase of any used vehicle sale in the state of California.
To avoid shipping the title with the car to our out of state buyers. we mail the title via Priority Mail.
While shipping and transportation costs (if appropriate) are the responsibility of the winning bidder. we can assist with locating a suitable transporter. We regularly ship cars all over the USA/World. and can often times locate very competitive rates for transporting vehicles door to door. to a local terminal. enclosed. open. etc. Please call us for specific information/rates to your location.
We meet some great people and fellow enthusiasts. and only rarely do we have problems with non-paying bidders. Please be certain that you are prepared to buy the car if you bid. or call us at 925-846-1451 before the end of the auction if we can answer any questions. If you have a "sunglass" rating or fewer than 10 feedback ratings on eBay. please call us before you bid so that we can discuss the bidding process. etc. If we do not hear from you. we reserve the right to delete your bid.
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd. On Sep-09-16 at 06:55:26 PDT. seller added the following information:
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Bond cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $635.001986 BIDDISON DESIGNS INC. 18 CENTER CONSOL
price: $1,400.001967 Ford Galaxie
price: $US $28,100.001964 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class PAGODA 2 TOP 230SL 4 SPEED ROADSTER
price: $87,500.001963 Rolls-Royce Other WITH WORKING A/C & ORIGINAL BUILD SHEETS!