Daimler Sovereign Jaguar XJ series 3 4.2
Sale price: £2,750.00 make an offer
Car location: Burley in Wharfedale , United KingdomSale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
In my ownership the car has mostly sat in a dry and ventilated garage. An unused Stormforce 4 seasons car cover is included.
I'll try and list the good points as well as the bad:
- a fairly straight example overall. I can only see evidence of two areas of welding - one to the NSF inner wing; the other to the NS sill. The carpets and floors show no evidence of water damage.
- excellent interior with only minor wear to driver's seat. Carpets and lambswool mats in very fine condition.
- mechanically very nice. The clock reads 117229, which will rise slightly. The MOT history suggests a Speedo change in its history, and sure enough I have two spare complete dashes to go with it, so the actual mileage is higher, it the engine is one of the best XK I've experienced - it shows 60 psi at 2,500rpm and 40psi hot idle, doesn't smoke or rattle, and pulls very nicely. The timing chain has recently been adjusted.
- sunroof is superb in function and condition
- new rocker cover gaskets and copper washers. Rocker covers also painted.
- new breather gauze
- after some time adjusting out the stretch in the lockdown cable, the box now behaves as it should. The box was replaced in 1999.
- full stainless exhaust. Also included are a set of simply performance pipes including silencer delete and over axle sections.
- 5 excellent wheels with very good Vredstein tyres.
- new front discs and pads included. I purchased these as I detected a bit of high speed braking judder.
- electrics all fine, but see the bad!
- cruise control works perfectly
- recent springs all round
- recent service with Valvoline oil and filter, K&N air filter and new distributor cap.
- MOT to July 2022.
- very uncommon colour scheme in cirrus grey, which responds beautifully to a good polish.
- included are numerous spares including 2 complete dashes.
- usual series 3 corrosion around the windscreen, and a little to the rear. Only to the OS, as shown in pictures.
- air con isn't great
- the odd bit of corrosion to door bottoms, and front and rear valance. Evidence of poor workmanship to rear. By no means serious and has been treated with rust killer and wax recently.
- bubbling OSF sill - see pictures (the staining is cavity wax!).
- the heater fan seems to be a bit lazy. It's on my to-do list to clean all fuses and contacts.
After a period of inactivity there is a faint clonk at the NSR. The more it's used the quieter it gets. Suspect slightly worn shock bushes but not raised at recent MOT.
- OSR hub cap needs fitting properly. Taken off recently as a precaution.
In summary I believe this is a good useable example that is pretty straight and solid. It is by no means concour but it drives extremely well and looks very clean and presentable, with an extremely good, unworn interior.
I'm certain to have missed plenty so please get in touch to arrange a viewing. I have tried to describe the car honestly and fairly, but nothing can beat an inspection and test drive.
Winning bidder to collect from North Leeds LS29. Payment via cash or bank transfer.
Thanks for looking
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Daimler cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,450.00Daimler V8 250, part completed project
price: $US $23,000.001985 Mercedes-Benz G-Class
price: £8,995.001984 A Daimler Sovereign ( JAGUAR XJ6) 4.2 AUTO-LOW MILEAGE-F.S.H-38K
price: £7,999.001995 Daimler XJ Series 6.0 V12 Double Six (LWB) - 43,000 miles