1976 Datsun 280 Z
Sale price: $9,771.00 make an offer
Price trends for this listing:
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||6 cyl efi|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1976 Datsun 280 Z for sale
1976 Datsun 280Z
Up for your consideration is a 1976 Datsun 280Z.
This car was restored in 2000 and was titled as an antique until 2009. During this time. it had seen minimal road use (mainly driven to cruises and shows). In 2009. we retitled the car with standard plates. and the car was driven regularly during the summer months. while being stored during the winter. Unfortunately. we have had to store the car outside the last two years. and rust has started in a few areas (see photos below).
The car runs and drives excellent. It has a current PA registration and inspection. The aftermarket (dealer installed) AC blows ice cold. the original radio works. and all the original manuals. including the “starting guide” card are present. The car is fitted with aftermarket Western wheels (also dealer installed. as told to me by the previous owner). however only one original center hub was present when the car was purchased (they were plastic and simply pressed in). and we replaced them with American Racing center hubs.
The interior. overall. is in good condition. There is a split at the seam in both the driver and passenger seats. as well as a crack in the center of the dash. The seats and dash are both original. and were not replaced when the car was restored. All of the carpets were replaced. and are in excellent condition.
The car had an aftermarket stereo in it when it was purchased. and speaker wiring. amp output cables. as well as some sort of dial control (perhaps an amp level control?) are still present. Being that an aftermarket radio was installed. an antenna switch from an earlier model Z was also installed to control the antenna. The switch does not work. and appears to have been rebuilt in the past. The antenna still functions fine if the switch is jumpered. Repair the current switch. or re-install a radio-mounted switch. and you're good to go! There is also a rectangular hole cut in the console (the size of a rocker switch).
All other lights. switches. and indicators work as they should. All gauges function properly. with the exception of the clock.
The original Nissan jack. wrench. and wheel chocks are also present. A spare headlight is also included with the car. as well as a “Le Bra” cover for the front of the car (this is new. and has never been installed)
Some recent major maintenance that has been done to the car:
2009 – New fuel pump and relays installed
2010 – All four struts replaced
2012 – New ignition switch installed by local Nissan dealer
2012 – Cooling system flushed and heater valve serviced (performed at local Nissan dealer) – This was supposed to remedy a sticking heater valve. but ended up causing more harm than good (see issues below)
2012 – New plugs. wires. cap. and rotor installed by my mechanic.
Issues with the car:
- There is rust beginning at the front of the hood. around the driver's side rear wheel well. and at the seam on the driver's side of the rear hatch (see pictures)
- The heater valve is stuck on. This issue was supposed to have been remedied when the valve was serviced in 2012. however instead of replacing the valve. they “rebuilt” it. supposedly due to a replacement not being available. The valve worked fine for a few months. then began to stick again.
- The recirculation / vent door does not operate with the heater controls. This problem began after the above heater valve service was performed. The door itself still functions if operated manually from under the dash. This may just be due to a disconnected cable.
- The wipers are “sluggish”. They have been this way since the car was purchased. They work fine in the rain. but if the windshield is somewhat dry. they operate extremely slowly.
- As mentioned above. the antenna switch usually does not work. but could possibly be rebuilt.
If there are any questions. please don't hesitate to ask! More photos are available upon request.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Datsun cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $21,154.001980 Datsun 280ZX Coupe Automatic Leather
price: $11,124.00Datsun 1600 Roadster 1967-1/2 Fairlady California Black Plate Car
price: $3,900.00Datsun 120Y Coupe Fastback 2 Door Manual WOW Turbo Serious Offers Welcome in Sans Souci, NSW
price: $9,094.00orginial parts , 3rd owner , no rust , smoke free ,stays covered in a buliding