1978 MG MGB
Sale price: $5,900.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||1.8 L 4 Cyl|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1978 MG MGB for sale
This MGB Roadster is one of those cars that everyone loves. and you'll be sure to get questions about it every time you take it out for a drive. The Inca Yellow is a real eye catcher; combined with the black leather (not vinyl) seats with yellow piping give this car timeless appeal. The new alloy wheels further add to the charm. The car has only 85. 73 miles on it. Bring back memories from the 70's as you drive this great little car or share an item of history with a family member through buying them a special gift!
· Original 4 Speed Transmission has been replaced with a true 5 Speed gearbox……not an overdrive with a button. but a true 5 Speed. This absolutely lowers the RPMs and lowers engine roar when cruising along at highway speeds; real pleasure to drive
· The torque and the low pitch sound of the engine/exhaust will bring back memories if you were fortunate enough to drive one of these beauties when they were introduced over 40 years ago
· New Clutch was installed less than 3. 00 miles ago
· Ignition has been upgraded to a Pertronix Ignition system. no points!! Flawless ignition means flawless starts
· The Engine starts nicely every time and runs great
· The car just passed rigid Arizona emissions testing
· Original Carburetor was rebuilt recently. and automatic choke/warm up enrichment works nicely
· The car has a new black convertible top; see pics
· A black hard top for the MGB will also be provided with the car if the closing bid exceeds $5500. otherwise the top will be available for sale separately for $400. Vinyl on the hardtop is in excellent shape. See Pics
· Windshield is perfect. it was just replaced
· Sound system is a Pioneer AM/FM Stereo with CD Player and MP3 input jack. 4 Speakers mounted in the car.
o New Car Cover included
o Tonneau Cover included
o Carpet throughout car replaced in last 2 years. including the trunk…. looks great
o Nice chrome luggage rack for weekend getaways
o New Starter and New Radiator
o New Clutch along with new Master and Slave cylinder
o Front End alignment recently done. handles great
o All 4 Tires are like new with less than 3500 miles on them
· The car is nearly 40 years old. but has been pampered. cared for. maintained; items that needed to be replaced to maintain top condition have been addressed. This car is a true 40 year survivor…ready for its next family.
· This is not a show car. and not priced as a show car. This is a great looking driver and will surely put a smile on your face.
· In addition to being a great running/reliable car. the pictures posted show how beautiful this car is; please review all pictures as there is minor parking lot damage on passenger side front quarter panel.
· People often ask……”Are parts easy to get?” …. the answer is Absolutely Yes! There are two key suppliers that specialize in new MGB parts. I have never had an issue getting any new part needed…. and the part cost is low compared to parts for new cars today. In addition. these cars are easy to work on.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions. I'll do my best to get answers out to you in a timely manner.
Additional Conditions of sale:
- NO Personal Checks. Deposit via Paypal. Cash Only for Balance Due at time of Pick Up. No Cash. No keys. Title is clean and ready to be turned over to the new owner.
- Winning Bidder or Buy It Now purchaser will be required to pay a $850 deposit within 48 hours of close or accepting Buy It Now. Failure to provide deposit in 48 Hours will forfeit sale.
- Shipping and/or pick up is 100% the responsibility of the Buyer. Please contact Seller if you intend on Shipping the car.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £4,650.001978 MGB Roadster, wire wheels, chrome bumpers, overdrive
price: $US $2,125.001972 MG MGB
price: £13,995.00MGB ROADSTER 72 RESTORED TO SHOW STANDARDS COVERED 4,000 MILES SINCE - STUNNING
price: $6,000.00MGB GT 1967 in Legana, TAS
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|