1997 Ferrari 355 GTB
Sale price: $US $65,100.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Safety Features:||Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1997 Ferrari 355 GTB for sale
Current customer rating: (67 votes) based on
Offered here is my 1997 Ferrari F355 GTB coupe with 6 speed manual transmission. If you are looking at this ad I am confident you know that this is perhaps the most recently maintained manual F355 as well as most affordable F355 now on Ebay. the significance of this being a Manual 6 speed car as well as the last 5 valve per cylinder Ferrari is just a bonus.
The car was purchased 5/28/2015 from a chiropractor in Kansas with 20. 51miles. The chiropractor purchased this car from a dealer back in 2011 with 9. 99miles. The title was lost but a duplicate copy was ordered 9/15/15 and is presented in the photos.
There are many F355's on the market and if you're not buying this one. let this be a checklist to ask your seller. This path to making mine run properly was an education in itself:
1. Has the car had its full service performed and what does the service entail? Most sellers will claim their F355 has been serviced but few can explain what was done. The service was performed by fellow F355 collector. hobbyist and mechanic Mitchell L. who happens to own 3 x F355's himself and is considered an F355 guru. The service was performed this August and was completed 8/15/2016. The major service includes:
New timing beltNew timing belt tensioner bearings from Hill EngineeringRebuilt water pumpNew water pump - alternator beltNew AC beltNew Power steering beltNew idler pulley bearing for alternator beltRebuilt alternatorNew battery New spark plugsNew oil. gas. air filtersNew clutch plate and pressure plateNew Hill Engineering slave bearingRepacked Kluber fly wheel
Camshaft cover re-finish
New clutch flange seals. new triple sealsTwo new O2 rear sensors New Mobil Oil. coolant. brake fluid all changedThree new Thermal Control Units for thermal couples (TCU units)Injectors cleaned
Valve Guide inspection
2. Due to the high heat the 3. 5L V8 motor generates. how are the headers? The factory headers are a common issue and have been swapped out for Fabspeed headers. They are coated and the recommended choice for all F355's. The original catalytic converters and factory headers will be included with sale.
3. Another common issue with the F355 is its ventilated rear hatch after washing. Water is prone to leak through and if left unattended could create serious rust build up in between the cam covers and wires. With my motor. this was the case and during the major service. the peeling red paint from the cam covers were removed and covers refinished in crinkle red. Please check before/after photos.
4. F355's and earlier models are prone to sticky rubber interior pieces. Are Is the interior littered with sticky buttons and panels? No. Car interior pieces have been completely cleared out of sticky gum. Note the crispness of the center A/C plate. No bubbling. rips or warping.
5. Accident history? Car is completely clean and never involved in an accident.
6. How is the paint? As far as the paint goes. the paint is all original with the bumper having possibly been repainted before my collection. The large cracking of paint along the C pillars are not visible. Photos will support this.
7. What comes with this F355? Aside from clean title. original cats. original headers. full owner's manuals. cards. and past receipts. full F355 toolbox. 2 sets of keys and 2 remotes (one black and one red considered rare). new set of Hankook tires with about 800miles since service. and car cover (unfortunately not Ferrari original but a cover that if you absolutely need to park it outdoors will protect against the elements since its 2 ply vs. factory one ply for dust).
7a. What is not included in the sale is the Capristo Stage 3 exhaust I purchased at full retail but will sell separately for $2500 installed if you so desired. However. as awesome as the sound is with this exhaust. the exhaust I have is apparently for an OBD1 car and mine is an OBD2 car. I've just learned now that a bung can be welded to work with an OBD2 car but the exhaust is out now. Capristo removal is pictured above.
As perfect as the photos will show there are 5 blemishes to this 355. All cosmetic but should still be addressed. 1. a hairline curb rash to the right rear tire while reversing one evening. 2. there is a penny sized rock chip which was touched up 1" left off the right bottom fog lamp. 3. there is a 0. 5" touch up paint under the hood. 4. a small nick 0. 75" to the passenger side inner door sill which may have from the previous owner's wife's high heel. 5. the buckle strap holding the leather toolbox has come undone.
Additional pictures of the before and after can be supplied please PM and I'll send you a link as Ebay no longer allows me to post the link. I try to answer as many PMs as I receive them. Please be patient if I don't get to them immediately. They will be answered.
So what is the reason for my selling? There's actually 2 reasons. 1. I separately own a 1988 Ferrari Testarossa also coming out of its Belt and major service and I am actually in a toss up on which car to boot out of the garage. If you're interested in my Testarossa then I'd sell that with completed service for $115. 00obo but PM me and I'm confident we can work something out. It's white with beige with 27K miles. 2. My wife is a beautician and is considering retiring. The proceeds from either car should give her some time to think about what to do next?
The car will be offered at no reserve and I do not have a buy it now price. I do however reserve the right to terminate the auction early. The winning bidder must also paypal me within 24hours a $1000 deposit to secure the car. If a deposit is not produced then I will re-list as I have done now. Please don't be angry or give me a negative feedback as these are strictly the rules I've set. I will be more than happy to show the vehicle but do request that test drives be under a mile. I also have contacts in the transport world to help you deliver this car. fully insured to the next location.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $34,800.002005 Lotus Elise 2dr Convertible
price: $US $15,100.002011 BMW 3-Series
price: $US $5,800.002014 Cadillac SRX Luxury Collection | Navigation, Back Up Cam, Bluetooth
price: $US $10,100.001999 BMW M Roadster & Coupe
|2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata MX-5 MIATA GRAND TOURING CONVERTIBLE||13||$10,999.00|
|2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL HTD LEATHER SUNROOF NAV||21||$16,480.00|
|1995 Jaguar XJS||12||$8,995.00|
|1929 Ford Model A||15||$35,995.00|
|1997 Ford F-250 XL 2dr 4WD Standard Cab LB HD||18||$5,900.00|
|2008 Subaru WRX||12||$22,995.00|
|2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport **Super Charged**||16||$16,996.00|
|2013 Ford E-Series Van||7||$19,750.00|
|2013 Subaru Other Limited||12||$18,942.00|
|1997 Mercedes-Benz 600-Series S600||21||$12,995.00|
|2001 Volvo V70 --||12||$4,975.00|
|2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500||3||$10,800.00|
|2015 Ford Taurus SHO||4||$26,788.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Traverse FWD 4dr LS w/1LS||11||$30,017.00|
|2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT||12||$37,589.00|
|2012 Maserati Gran Turismo C Sport||4||$65,900.00|
|1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo||19||$US $4,950.00|
|2017 Ford F-150 ROUSH F-150||20||$73,977.00|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300||1||$34,690.00|
|2010 Ford F-250 XLT 4x4 SuperCab LB 6.4L Diesel 4X4 Deleted||21||$24,995.00|