RARE 1930 Cord L29 Phaeton Leather Interior 289.6 8 Cly Engine 3-speed FWD
Sale price: $144,415.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||Pale gray/ royal blue|
|Interior Color:||Gray Leather|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
RARE 1930 Cord L29 Phaeton Leather Interior 289.6 8 Cly Engine 3-speed FWD for sale
International Car Shipping
VERY RARE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! ONE OF ONLY 1. 73 PRODUCED IN 1930! THIS L29 PHAETON FEATURES INNOVATIONS FOUND ON NO OTHER AUTOMOBILE OF ITS DAY! SPECIFICATIONS Year 1930 Make Cord Model L29 Phaeton VIN FD2936A Mileage 944 Engine 289. 6 Cylinders Inline 8 Transmission 3-Speed Manual Title Clear Color Pale Gray/ Royal Blue Interior Color Gray Leather DESCRIPTION Auburn. Indiana was home to three of the most distinguished American automobile manufacturing firms from the late 1910's through the middle 1936's. These were Auburn Automobile Co. Duesenberg Automobile. and Cord Corporation. Cord was the seen as the innovative and advanced division spun off by E. L. Cord. owner of Auburn Automobile & Duesenberg at that time. The cars that were to carry Cord's name were meant to be a truly different. His introductory model was known as the L29 which utilized a very complex front wheel drive system. a first ever offered to the public! It was a concept better known to Indianapolis race cars at that time!
We are very pleased to offer this 1930 Cord L29 Phaeton finished in Pale Gray trimmed in Royal Blue with Gray Leather interior and Tan Canvass top. It represents one of just 1. 73 produced for the 1930 model year. Power comes from the 289. 6 Lycoming 8 cylinder engine producing 125 horsepower! The front “Unit Power Plant” assembly consists of the engine. transmission. differential. and front brakes all in one! The 3-speed transmission utilizes a very unique centrifugal shifter position through the center of the dash. The dash also came with full instrumentation. including a temperature gauge. oil pressure gauge. and speedometer/odometer in front the driver. and a gas gauge. oil level gauge. and amp meter to the far right. Options include dual side mounted spare tires with mirrors. 18” knock-off wire spoke wheels fitted with Denman wide whitewall tires. dual chrome horns. rear mounted metal trunk with tan canvas cover. dual pop up cowl vents. large Twilight headlamps. and more!
This beautiful example showcases a very tidy. older restoration with matching engine and transmission numbers. It was been museum kept for many years at the Rocky Mountain Car Museum in Pigeon Forge. TN for many years before spending the last 6 years with a prominent private collector! The interior leather may be original and does show some minor wear. The exterior paint has some mild patina typical for its age. It starts with ease and is uniquely easy & fun to drive! The gear selector is precise and engagement comes smooth as you lift off the clutch! With the wheels so far advanced to the front of the car producing a long 137 inch wheelbase. its turning radius is surprisingly responsive for a car of that era! Please call with additional questions. or to schedule an appointment to see this wonderful car in person. It presents a very rare investment opportunity for a car that rarely comes to market! Thanks for looking!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS:
In an effort to protect the eBay user information and to help ensure the authenticity of correspondence between St. Louis Car Museum and its bidders. eBay's new listing format does NOT display any bidder information. Nevertheless. we STRONGLY encourage bidders to contact us directly to answer questions or to verify correspondence. All of our vehicles are advertised locally and nationally using a variety of formats and often sell before the end of eBay listings. To secure a vehicle. please contact us.
Email: info@stlouiscarmuseum. com
Phone: 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104
Financing Is Available--Trades Are Accepted!
Please call 1-800-957-5707 or 314-993-7104 with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements.
Currency Convertor IMAGES
TERMS OF SALE
1. Please be advised that by placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract and are committed to purchasing the vehicle described above. The details of this commitment are further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. Bidders with no feedback. negative feedback. or with bid retractions must contact St. Louis Car Museum staff directly in order to make purchase arrangements as all such bids may be subject to cancellation or rejection.
3. St. Louis Car Museum reserves the right to end its auctions early or to cancel bids solely at its discretion and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation or closure.
4. Winning bidders are required to contact St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of the auction's closing to secure the vehicle and to finalize the details of the transaction.
5. A $2. 00 non-refundable deposit is required within 48 hours of auction's close to secure the vehicle and remove it from the market. Forms of acceptable payment for deposit are: credit card. bank wire transfer. cashiers check. and money order.
6. In the event that winning bidders are unable. either to contact St. Louis Car Museum. or to provide for deposit within established time frames. vehicles may be made available to other buyers on a first come. first serve basis.
7. St. Louis Car Museum has represented this vehicle to the best of its ability. Prospective bidders should nevertheless. feel free to contact us directly to provide information. respond to uncertainties. or answer any questions.
8. It is important to bear in mind that a vehicle is "New" only once and that all pre-owned vehicles. regardless of age. mileage. or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. These understandings are essential to the realistic expectations of automobile ownership. and more so as concerns the fine materials and delicate tolerances of specialty. luxury. or high-performance cars. It is for this reason that we encourage a personal inspection prior to delivery to help ensure your satisfaction.
9. All vehicles are sold "AS IS" and with no warranties expressed or implied. In some instances vehicles will be offered for sale without the full compliment of accessories such as: tools. floor mats. cd magazines. navigation disks. owners manuals. or extra keys. Where these items are of special concern. please be sure to contact us to obtain a vehicle?s exact inventory of accessories.
10. Final or closing bid price does not include documentation fee. shipping. travel. nor tax. title. or registration. It is the purchaser's responsibility to provide for any federal. state. or local taxes. personal transportation costs. or shipping expenses resulting from the sale.
11. St. Louis Car Museum is glad to assist with shipping arrangements. but assumes no responsibility for damages or delays incurred once a vehicle is in a shipper's custody.
12. All issues. problems. or claims must be brought to St. Louis Car Museum within 24 hours of delivery or receipt of vehicle.
13. Provisions for personal or third party inspections and all due diligence are to take place prior to a vehicles shipment or delivery.
14. St. Louis Car Museum bears no liability and shall be held harmless for any complications. expenses. or damages resulting from a failure to meet these terms as they have been set forth and established herein.
ABOUT ST. LOUIS CAR MUSEUM CONTACT US Established in 1991. St. Louis Car Museum and Sales has bought and sold thousands of special interest motorcars the world over. We specialize in high-line luxury and exotic sports cars. as well as. one of a kind collectibles. With a perfect business track record. our reputation is unchallenged in the industry. Buy with confidence!
Please call with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements.
info@stlouiscarmuseum. com RESOURCES
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Chris Yent, dated 02 march 2020
Do you have further photos of this car?
Other classic Cord cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $70,000.001941 Graham Hollywood S
price: $14,950.001935 Other Makes
price: $US $23,900.001931 Packard
price: $65,000.001936 Cord 810 Westchester
|1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass||21||$US $16,000.00|
|1984 Toyota Land Cruiser||12||$4,500.00|
|1980 Mercedes-Benz 300CD --||12||$18,900.00|
|1984 Toyota Supra||21||$5,900.00|
|1941 Lincoln Continental||21||$US $6,700.00|
|1989 Chevrolet G20 Van||12||$US $3,000.00|
|1980 Mercedes-Benz 300CD --||21||$18,900.00|
|1989 Ford Bronco||12||$US $6,600.00|
|1937 Cord 812||21||$31,995.00|
|1984 Toyota Supra||21||$6,200.00|
|1968 Ford F-350||21||$US $20,000.00|
|1983 Jeep CJ||21||$US $8,300.00|
|1980 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||12||$US $1,136.00|
|1957 Ford Fairlane||16||$US $27,500.00|
|1941 Other Makes||11||$53,000.00|
|1988 Santarsiero Atlantis Roadster Santarsiero Atlantis Roadster||12||$143,000.00|
|1984 Toyota Land Cruiser||12||$4,500.00|
|1979 International Harvester Other||21||$US $22,100.00|
|1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass||10||$20,500.00|
|1989 Ford Bronco||12||$US $4,050.00|