1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo One Owner Very Low Mileage Beautiful Collector Quality!
Sale price: $8,218.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2014-02-18
george (from methuen usa) offered 6000 usd
NICOLA NEGRO (from GUARENE) offered 6.500,00 usd
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||2.8 Liter, 6 cyl. turbo|
|Trim:||280ZX Turbo Coupe|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo One Owner Very Low Mileage Beautiful Collector Quality! for sale
* 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo Coupe *
Before you and up for bid is my 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo Coupe.
The particulars of the Datsun are as follows:
* Our family owned a Datsun franchise during the '70's and '80's. This was Aunt Hanna's car. At 79. her driving is now restricted. and she no longer drives the car.
* Purchased at the dealership new. I have every original document along with the complete internal service history of the car since day one. This includes the original window sticker. purchase contract. and the in house documentation referencing the "house" deal sale.
* The car spent its life in Breckenridge and Denver. A one owner. garaged & pampered. non-smoker. no pets ZX turbo coupe. The car was a three season enjoyment vehicle. It has never been driven in winter or subjected to salt or mag chloride corrosives. It has ZERO rust!
* A number of family members drove various Z and ZX cars over the years. With the awareness that 1983 would be the final year of the 280ZX series cars. Hanna elected to trade in her 1981 280ZX 2+2 on the last year turbo coupe that you see.
* CARFAX certified NO accident history. ownership and miles. (see pic)
* Through the years. the car sustained some stone chips. minor scratches and a few parking lot dings. Given these imperfections and the otherwise exemplary condition of the car. nbsp;it has recently completed the undertaking of a down to bare metal process. A thorough respray in correct Datsun paint code 006 Platinum Metallic paint was applied. nbsp;repeated block and wet sanding along with a beautiful clear coat finish. The process is photo documented to corroborate that there was no rust or accident repair. (see hood pic to illustrate mirror spruce tree reflection)
* The lower front valance was replaced with an OEM Nissan part and then "Chip Guard" sprayed to help prevent future stone chipping.
* All exterior trim. mirrors and the bumpers were removed to assure that there would be no overspray. The depth & finish of the car is amazing!
* 3-Speed automatic transmission. nbsp;super smooth shifts through all forward gears and reverse.
* 2. 8 liter. L28 6 cylinder turbo charged engine (180 hp). Compression in all cylinders is between 146-155. Recently winterized with new belts. hoses. filters. plugs. and fresh BG fluids. Recent battery and brake service with new pads and turned rotors. There are NO annoying drips or leaks.
* Only 58. 22 very low documented actual miles. (under 2000 per year)
* Standard GL appointments: power windows. power mirrors. power locks. cruise control and headlight washers. All operate properly.
* Factory AC car. it is ICE COLD and original. it has not been retrofitted.
* Variable assist power steering. easy of parking. it neutralizes with increased speed.
* T-tops. (no leaks) along with the original sunshades and storage bags that are in excellent condition.
* Perfect dash. NO cracks or warps. Dash Topper protective fabric cover.
* I would rate the interior a 9. 5 out of 10. The seats were always covered with sheep skin covers. and therefore there are NO wear areas. nbsp;rips. snags. tears or seam separations. There are NO broken interior trim pieces.
The carpets are in great shape showing no wear. original Datsun floor mats are in good condition as Hanna was a towel over mats owner.
Excellent door panels. rear panels. nbsp;console. kick panels. glove box. sun visors w/mirrors. headliner and storage bins behind the seats.
* Factory period correct aluminum rear louvers. These account for having kept the rear cargo area carpet unfaded.
* All gauges are fully functional included the clock. all illuminate properly. no erratic needles.
* Yes. the audio warning feature is operational. (voice that indicates low fuel. door open. lights are on. etc. )
* All safety features are fully operational (lights. wipers. horn. emergency flashers. etc. )
* All weatherstripping. t-top's. hatch and door gaskets are soft and pliable.
* The window sill rubber and brushes are not broken or cracked
* All original glass. NO cracks.
* Factory original AM/FM/Cassette. digital read outs properly display. nbsp;the system operates as it should.
* Power antenna fully operational (up & down) from the stereo system control. it also automatically retracts or extends when the on/off button is depressed.
* Every electrical feature from bumper to bumper operates accordingly as designed including the engine compartment light.
* Original space saver spare. never on the ground. nbsp;inflation cannister. jack. wheel chocks. spare lug nuts. storage pouch and tire tool.
* All original keys. owners manual. nbsp;as well as assorted operational pamphlets. and the factory 1983 Datsun 280ZX model brochure are included.
* Datsun factory 15" turbo "Swastika" aluminum wheels. there is no curb rash. flaking or pitting. All 4 tires were replaced in 2010. they are B. F. Goodrich Touring HR T/A's with approximately 4800 miles on them. They are not dry rotted or flat spotted.
* The aforementioned sheep skin seat covers will come with the car. they have just been professionally cleaned. There is also a period correct Datsun front vinyl bra. it too. accompanies the sale.
Now at 31 years of age. the Datsun looks. runs and drives great! It starts right up first turn of the key. every time. It idles great. goes down the road straight. stops assuredly. and garners compliments everywhere it goes.
When desired. power comes on strong as the turbo spools right up. The car is comfortable & quick. nbsp;the handling is precise. it is a very tight car.
You are bidding to purchase the Datsun. not to be the first to "look at it". Please have your funding in place prior to placing your bid. Thank you.
Please consult with your spouse. therapist. pet or Magic 8-Ball prior to placing your bid. as I am not running a clinic for the confused. thank you.
I have set a reasonable & fair reserve for the Datsun. It is commensurate with the exemplary condition of the car. the care it has received. the ownership history and the very low miles.
I know what the car is worth and it is likely that you do. too. I am realistic. If you have been searching for a worry free. nbsp;driver quality. one owner. low mileage. example of this last year iconic Japanese import. you've found it.
The question for one seeking one of these cars is whether to purchase a first year or last year. These are considered the last of the "series II" 280ZX cars by Datsun. The final iteration before transitioning into the 300ZX. Last of the breed. these ZX's are inexpensive to own. extremely reliable and fun to drive!
Do NOT ask me what the reserve is as I will not disclose it. Bid what you can afford and are willing to pay for the exemplary condition 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo coupe that you see before you.
There are marginal and lesser cars available. however. it bears out that in life. one generally gets what one pays for. If you want quality. you step up and pay for it. In the long run. you'll be glad you did.
Last week an amazing 1982 280ZX turbo coupe was up for auction on eBay with an astounding 2K miles! In speaking with the representative of the car. nbsp;he intimated that they were "offering" the car for $32. 5K. I do not know what the car ultimately sold for. however. the auction was ended early. While my 280ZX is not a 2K mile car. it is a beautiful driver quality example with proper documentation that can be driven anywhere with pride of ownership. worry free. It also will not require one to break the bank anywhere close to a $32K.
I am not a dealer. I am a collector/hobbyist that is downsizing my collection.
Ebay only provides for 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the car. If you would like any area specific pictures. simply request them. I have over 100 available. including many of the down to metal process.
I strive to thoroughly represent a vehicle as accurately and honestly as possible. as I would want it. Those that have purchased my cars are consistently pleased with their cars. their expectations exceeded.
Delivery and or pick up is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
The Datsun and I are located in the Colorado Springs vicinity. I am confident that the ZX can be driven home to anywhere in America. Keep in mind that it is a 31 year old automobile and as such. it is sold in "as is" condition. The pragmatic approach would be to ship it.
If you choose to fly in and drive home. I will gladly pick you up from the airport in Colorado Springs.
Trailered delivery is also possible within the lower 48 states for $1000. 00. (non-negotiable) I can also recommend a reputable shipper for you. if needed.
If you make your own arrangements. I will gladly assist in coordinating with your chosen shipper.
A $1000. 00 initial payment is due and payable within 24 hours of auction close VIA PayPal. The balance is then due and payable within 7 days thereafter under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer. NO exceptions.
I prefer a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer for the balance as it provides a documented record of the transaction for both parties. I will accept PayPal for the balance but ONLY if the BUYER pays ALL PayPal related fees including the initial $1000. 00 payment fee. I will also accept the balance in cash upon your arrival.
If you are new to eBay. have 0% feedback. excessive negative feedback or less than 10 eBay transactions buying and/or selling. I require that you call me directly prior to placing your bid to express your intentions. This policy is in place due to disingenuous bidder's that bid and win auctions. and then do not fulfill their purchase commitment(s).
If you cannot abide by this simple guideline. your bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. I am a legitimate seller simply seeking a legitimate buyer. Thank you.
Clear Colorado title. The car and title will not be released until payment in full has been received.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now". call me directly and PRESENT your offer. DO NOT call and ask me. "what's the lowest that you'll take?"
Buyers from the U. S. . Canada. the UK. Europe. Australia and New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence.
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail. call me directly with any questions. If you reach my voice mail. leave a message and I will return your call promptly.
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Dan, dated 22 august 2015
I am interested in the 1983 280zx Turbo on car-from-uk.com. Is it still for sale? Please contact me if it is.
from Marilyn, dated 15 july 2015
Assume this car is sold by now if not how can I get details?
Other classic Datsun cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $1,000.00Datsun 720 Twin CAB UTE 1985 5 SP Manual in Somerville, VIC
price: $7,859.001969 Datsun Fairlady 1600 Roadster 1.6 Litre
price: $5,000.00Datsun 1600 Race Rally Cams LOG Book
price: $7,282.00collectable 1979 280zx in near mint cond