Classic Cars / Riley / Car for sale

1950 Riley RMA 1.5 Litre 2 Previous Owners 90k Miles Very Original Car Restored

Sale price: £7,500.00 make an offer

Car location: Bristol, United Kingdom

Sale type: Fixed price listing

Technical specifications, photos and description:

Got questions?
Ask here!

Do you like this car?

1950 Riley RMA 1.5 Litre 2 Previous Owners 90k Miles Very Original Car Restored for sale

Current customer rating: current rating for this car(2.5) based on 52 votes
1950 RILEY RMA 1.5 LitreOne of the 10,500 "Legendary RMA's" !2 Previous owners from new, 92k MilesOriginal reg number PWL 925 (24th Nov 1950)Very original car which has been part restored & improvedExcellent chassis & timber frame built in AbingdonVery attractive car full of character &period featuresGood original interior - dark green leatherwith restored woodwork & headliningApple green paintwork with original black leathercloth roofPaintwork could be improved in places but very acceptable as isExcellent chrome all round incl original wheel trimsRecon DOHC engine with new water pump- starts first time & runs very wellElectric SU pump conversionNew battery & all good tyres (incl spare)Original semaphores (working) + "Flashers"Hydro-mechanical brakes with new copper front brake pipesA really good example with room for cosmetic improvement.Available for viewing any time- pls call 07890948758 for appointment.Conveniently located on east side of BristolMore photos on request (ad taken 2 days ago)Model details below

The Riley RM Series is an executive car which was produced by Riley from 1945 to 1955. It was the last model developed independently by Riley prior to the 1952 merger of Riley's still new owner Nuffield, with Austin to form BMC. The RM series was originally produced in Coventry, but in 1949 production moved to the MG works at Abingdon. The RM models were marketed as the Riley 1½ Litre and the Riley 2½ Litre.[1]

There were three types of RM vehicles produced. All used Riley engines with four cylinders in-line, hemispherical combustion chambers and twin camshafts mounted high at the sides of the cylinder block.

The RMA was a large saloon, and was replaced by the RME. Both used a 1.5 L (1496 cc) 12 hp (RAC Rating), developed before WWII.

The RMA was the first post-war Riley. It was announced in August 1945 with the news it would become available in the autumn.[5] It used the 1.5 L engine and was equipped with hydro-mechanical brakes and an independent suspension using torsion bars in front. The body frame (not to be confused with the chassis) was made of wood in the English tradition, and the car featured traditional styling. The car was capable of reaching 75 mph (121 km/h). The RMA was produced from 1945 until 1952 when it was replaced by the RME.

Also published at eBay.co.uk

Want to buy this car?

Comments and questions to the seller:

Name E-mail
Text
Antispam code: (enter the number)

Other classic Riley cars offered via internet auctions:

Latest arrivals: