1971 Datsun 240Z Excellent Condition 240 Z
Sale price: $16,128.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2016-04-23
Keiko Uchida offered 14900 usd
Petr Keim offered 16000 usd
Petr Keim (from Prague, Czech Republic) offered 15000 usd
Karl (from San Diego California ) offered usd
Kstl (from San Diego Csl USA) offered 199000 usd
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||2393 cc straight 6 with dual su carburetors|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1971 Datsun 240Z Excellent Condition 240 Z for sale
I purchased the car in June of 2007 in Phoenix. Arizona. 904 White with rare blue interior. According to the previous owner. the car spent its entire life in the Phoenix area. The car is rust-free. has All of its original sheet metal and the previous owner had the engine rebuilt along many other mechanical improvements listed below. The car was stripped to bare metal and repainted in 2009. I have also made other numerous improvements to the car and have listed them below. While owning this car. I prided myself on keeping the vehicle as original as possible. Wherever I go. this car turns heads and receives lots of questions and comments; it truly is a beautiful automobile.
• Rebuilt seats with new foam and new OEM-type seat skins. 2011.
• New door panels from Datsun Motorsports. 2011.
• New headliner. 2010.
• New carpets. 2011.
• Refurbished OEM clock with new quartz conversion by Zclocks. com. 2011.
• New OEM walnut 4-speed shift knob. 2011.
• New OEM leather shift boot cover. 2011.
• New emergency brake handle cover. 2011
• New OEM choke handle. 2011.
• New scuff plates. 2009.
• New kick plates. 2009.
• Full dash cover. 2010.
• Original steering wheel and horn pad.
• 72/73 240Z Hitachi AM/FM radio and original "pointed tip" power antenna in excellent condition.
• Floor pans in excellent condition.
• Rear deck and spare tire well in excellent condition.
• New rear hatch stops & seals.
• Rear hatch strut works great!
• Original jack & tool kit.
All of the bodywork. preparation and painting were done professionally.
• Beautiful. flawless new paint (904 White). 2009.
• New OEM exterior emblems 2010 ‘Datsun' (4). ‘240Z'(1). ‘Z' pillar (2). 2010.
• All exterior plastic light lenses in excellent condition. including new bulbs & gaskets.
• New headlights. 2009.
• New OEM windshield washer blade assemblies. 2010.
• New OEM rear license plate light assembly. 2010.
• New tinted windshield. 2009
• All stainless steel trim in excellent condition.
• New OEM chrome door handles. 2009.
• New OEM driver's side exterior mirror. 2009.
• Professionally re-chromed front & rear bumpers and bumper guards with all-new rubber trim pieces. 2010.
• New rubber seals include: windshield. rear glass. left/right door seals. lower door seals. outer/inner rear hatch. hood seal. tail light gaskets. nbsp;side marker light gaskets. nbsp;windshield washer boots. hood cowl receivers. inspection lids. floor pan & rear deck plugs. door stops. hood stops. gas filler door flap and outer quarter glass seals. 2009.
• Dealer-optioned slotted wheels professionally restored in excellent condition w/ new ‘Z' chrome center caps.
• 5 new Falkan Sincera SN-828 195/70 R14 91T steel belted radial tires (including spare tire).
All of the bodywork. preparation and painting were done professionally. As preparation for the process. the bumpers. grill. front turn signal/parking lights. side marker lights. tail lights with finish panels. both of the door handles. locks. rear hatch lock. radio antenna. drip rail trim. and stainless door trim were all removed. All of the body panels were removed including doors. hood. rear hatch. hood cowl. front valence pieces. headlight buckets. gas door and front grill. All of the glass was removed including the old windshield. rear hatch glass and the quarter side glass panels. All of the old rubber weather stripping was removed from the car.
The car was stripped down to the bare metal of its original factory body panels on this rust-free Arizona Z-car. Any door dings or other small dents were painstakingly repaired. The car was then properly prep'd before the primer/paint processes. A self-etching primer was first applied to the car. then an epoxy primer. Finally it was sprayed with a build-up primer. The car was then wet-sanded and prep'd for the paint process. A single-stage process using DuPont urethane paint that perfectly matched the original 904 White. During the primer/paint processes. all of the body panels. door jams and the rear deck threshold & jams were all properly prep'd. primed and painted. Once paint process was completed. all of the panels were reinstalled on the car and the car was then wet-sanded and polished.
The body shop also installed all of the new rubber weather stripping. along with a new windshield. the original rear hatch glass and quarter windows. All of the locks were cleaned. polished and reinstalled. The body shop also installed the new OEM outside driver's mirror and a large number of new rubber pieces such as the rear hatch bumpers. inspection lid bumpers. inside hood bumpers. etc.
Engine and Drive Train:
• Rebuilt original matching engine.
• New clutch. pressure plate. throw-out bearing & pilot bearing.
• New front brake rotors. calipers & pads; new rear brake drums & shoes.
• Professionally cadmium-plated fuel rail. coil bracket. throttle assembly. hood stay-bar. hood latch. hood latch receiver plate and gas cap with ring.
• New NGK spark plugs and wires. 2013.
• New OEM engine bay lamp. 2010.
Shipping costs and arrangements are the responsibility of the winning bidder. A non-refundable deposit of $1. 00. 00 via PayPal due within 24 hours of auction ending. Remainder of amount due within 7 days of auction ending via certified funds. No warranty is expressed or implied. The winning bidder will receive bill of sale along with title upon receipt and verification of full payment. I have also listed the car for sale locally and reserve the right to pull the auction at any time. If your feedback rating is less than 10. please contact me before bidding. Thanks for looking and please e-mail with any questions.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Karl, dated 02 march 2019
Is the car still for sale ?
from Keiko Uchida, dated 25 april 2016
Does she have A/C ?
from Keiko Uchida, dated 24 april 2016
I just made offer yesterday, is She still available?
from Craig Woodfolk, dated 14 december 2015
This is a stunning example of a Datsun 240Z. However, because I am not familiar with this website, I am a little apprehensive about the authenticity of the advertisement. Especially, after a recent a unsuccessful (but nerve racking) attempt by reportedly Eastern Europeans attempting to fraudulently sell a similarly handsome 1971 Datsun 240Z.
Although the car was advertised on car-from-uk.com, it appears it was purchased in the United States. So, there are no import taxes to speak of. I have one other concern. The terms of the final sale seem to suggest that the car will be made available after "certified funds have been received and verified." Is payment made via PayPal? Otherwise, what assurance does the buyer have that they'll ever receive the car? I look forward to hearing from you.
Other classic Datsun cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £3,490.00Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.8i - 20xPics
price: $305.00Datsun 1600 Sedan Resto Project
price: £4,000.00SKYLINE 240K
price: $15,391.001964 DATSUN 1500 ROADSTER