1976 Datsun 280Z
Sale price: $10,040.00 make an offer
Price trends for this listing:
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1976 Datsun 280Z for sale
UPDATE SINCE LAST LISTING:
I have fixed the turn signals and now they work perfectly. The car was inspected 9/6. I drove the car over 130 miles today going to the Adirondack Nationals Car Show and visiting a friend. The car worked flawlessly!
The car is in very good condition but needs some work to win at shows again. Nevertheless. the car took first place in the Stock 280Z category of the 2010 East Coast Z Nationals.
Work done this year:
1) The driver's frame rail under the floor pan and part of the floor pan were just replaced with sections of a rust-free ‘78 280Z
2) New carpet set including trunk carpet (floor mats are not new)
3) Seats. door panels. and rear shock tower vinyl was just recoated with special vinyl paint to match the original
4) New windshield washer pump
5) New air filter. fuel filter. spark plugs. rotor and cap
Some of the work done under my ownership:
1) The front subframe. front and rear control arms. and other suspension components were powder coated
2) Replaced fuel pump and oil pump last year along with the heater control valves under the dash
3) Rear diff rebuilt with new bearings. seals. crush washer. etc. using all Nissan parts. Now it doesn't whine like most Zs!
4) Always used synthetic oil with ZDDP additive. Always use Eastwood fuel additive for ethanol.
5) Rear asymmetric lower control arm bushings to align rear wheels
6) Cosmo racing coil over shocks with heavy duty springs (very stiff). This lowered the car a bit.
7) Stiffer MSA sway bars
The previous owner spent a ton of time restoring the car and did the following:
1) Rechromed the bumpers
2) Every bolt and part on the car that was originally cadmium plated replated in gold zinc.
3) Intake manifold polished
4) Converted to 5 speed and different differential from 280ZX. Original 4-speed and diff are available.
5) Clutch from 2+2 (stronger than coupe clutch)
6) Front brake calipers upgrade to Toyota 4-runner. Use silicone brake fluid.
7) Air temp sensor modification that allows fuel/air ratio to be adjusted. Air/fuel gage installed on steering column.
Not working or known issues:
2) Air conditioning (all components except belt are in place; pump needs to be resealed. have o-rings)
3) Rear defroster
4) Clock doesn't keep time
5) Turn signals work intermittently UPDATE: THEY HAVE BEEN FIXED. THE CONTACTS IN THE SWITCH WERE CORRODED. I CLEANED THEM UP AND THEY'RE WORKING PERFECTLY!
6) Speedometer is slow when it works. odometer records about 70% of the miles
7) Center console is cracked next to ash tray
8) Oil pan leaks and could use refinishing due to rust on the outside
9) Small leak from transmission and differential
10) Paint is in poor condition. The clear coat has come off the roof and has cracked on a majority of the body. There are a few rust spots that need attention; one on the passenger lower fender. one on the lower part of the driver side panel next to the muffler. and the other on the panel seam below the driver door.
Wheels are classic “turbine” wheels made by Western Wheels and are vintage correct. The car comes with an additional rim matching the others that is brand new. never mounted! I have center caps but they don't fit well enough for road use but look great when put on for shows.
Beautiful onyx shift knob with Datsun Logo.
Passenger side visor flap was signed by Mr. K himself! If this doesn't mean anything to you I'll keep the visor and get you a new one.
I have a big folder with receipts from the parts and work I've done to the car.
Front dash is original with no cracks!
Stereo system is decent with tweeters. speakers under the seats. along with shakers under each seat that give the feel of a subwoofer without the unsightly subwoofer.
Contact me if you'd like to some see the car. We can put it on my lift for inspection and take it for a drive.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Datsun cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $6,000.00null 260Z
price: $3,200.00Datsun 1000 UTE in Shepparton, VIC
price: $9,900.00Datsun 260Z Rare 5L V8 Manual NSW Suit 240Z Bargain Priced TO Sell in NSW
price: $3,900.00Super Rare Datsun Nissan Sunny Wagon 2 Door Coupe Manual Bargain in Sans Souci, NSW