1965 Shelby American DAYTONA Coupe - Factory Five Chassis - Ford 392 with 475HP
Sale price: $47,519.00 make an offer
Price trends for this listing:
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Model:||Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe|
|Engine:||ford 392 4v|
|Transmission:||5 speed manual|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1965 Shelby American DAYTONA Coupe - Factory Five Chassis - Ford 392 with 475HP for sale
1965 Shelby American Cobra DAYTONA COUPE
(Factory Five Chassis)
Titled as: 1965 Shelby American
Ford Racing 392 cubic inch Windsor crate motor 475HP
Transmission: Heavy duty Tremec 5 speed from Ford Racing
Wheels: FORD GT Magnesium 18" front & 19"back
Tires: P235/45ZR Goodyear Eagle F-1 rated at 175 MPH
Ford Super Coupe Independent Rear Suspension
The Shelby Daytona Coupe (also referred to as the Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe) was a coupé based loosely on the AC Cobra roadster chassis and drive-train. It was built for auto racing. specifically to take on Ferrari in the GT class. Just six Daytona original coupes were built between 1964 and 1965. Shelby was reassigned to the Ford GT40 project after that to go compete at the 24 hours of Le Mans. again to beat Ferrari. With this car Shelby became the first American constructor to win a title on the international scene at the FIA World Sportscar Championship in 1965.
Despite the fact that the design never entered production. those six cars. hand-built upon 289 AC chassis. became symbolic of the end of an era.
The Shelby Daytona Coupe is one of the most unique and stunning shapes in automotive history. Even today. more than 45 years later. the muscular lines and aggressive stance has no equal. While the dramatic design makes people stop and stare. only the hard-core car guys know its full history. You won't see three of them lined up at your local cruise-in.
1965 Shelby American Cobra DAYTONA COUPE (Factory Five Chassis)
Titled as: 1965 Shelby American
- Engine: Ford Racing 392 cubic inch Windsor crate motor 475HP
- Transmission: Heavy duty Tremec 5 speed from Ford Racing
- Wheels: Ford GT Magnesium 18" front & 19"back
- Tires: P235/45ZR Goodyear Eagle F-1 rated at 175 MPH
- Brakes and Rotors: Cobra from Ford Racing
- Cooling: Griffin Race Radiator
- Rear Suspension: Completely independent "Ford Super Coupe"
- Front suspension: All tubular control arms. upgraded spindles & springs
- Battery: Odyssey
- Interior: Heat Shielded/Sound Proofed with Dynamat Carpet
- Seats: Kirkey Racing Seats with Simpson Harness
- Gauges: Speed. Tach. Fuel. Oil pressure. Oil temp. . Voltage. Push to Start and Battery Cut-Off switch
- Sold as EXEMPT miles due to age. And has 4. 50 miles on the build.
The car starts. runs. sounds. and drives great and is for the discriminating buyer who enjoys high performance eye turning vehicles.
About Classic Auto Rides. LLC: We are a very reputable collector car dealer with many customer referrals. Our passion of collecting and offering quality cars centers on the Shelby Mustangs. We will be glad to answer any questions you may have on about this car. Please either call or email one of our sales staff. NOTE: We DO NOT OFFER 2nd chance offers.
For additional information. please contact us at Classic Auto Rides. LLC in Monroe. North Carolina – 704 – 288 - 1967 -- ClassicAutoRides. com
We reserve the right to end this listing at anytime should the vehicles no longer be available for sale.
The following terms of sale apply to all of our auctions.
· The successful high bidder agrees to contact us within 24 hours of close of auction to arrange payment.
· All financial transactions must be completed before delivery of the vehicle.
· Buyer responsible for pick-up and transportation of the vehicle.
· Vehicle sold as is where is without warranty.
· Cash (In Person). certified check. bank transfer.
Classic Auto Rides. LLC
“Mustangs. Muscle and More”
MONROE. NORTH CAROLINA U. S. A.
(30 minutes south of Charlotte Motor Speedway)
704. 288. 1967
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Shelby cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $27,600.001966 Shelby COBRA
price: $49,900.001965 FORD MUSTANG FASTBACK 4-SPEED PRO-TOURING SUPERCHARGED ELEANOR BOSS SHELBY
price: $43,995.001965 Shelby Cobra Replica
price: $183,995.001967 Shelby GT500
|1965 Shelby MKII||1||$37,900.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$54,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Factory Five Racing||4||$29,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra 427 ERA||3||$64,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$37,995.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$35,995.00|
|1968 Shelby GT500 --||12||$155,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 Replica||21||$69,450.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Mark II FACTORY FIVE RACE CAR||4||$US $21,500.00|
|1969 Shelby GT350||16||$US $35,400.00|
|1965 Shelby ford||8||$28,900.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||19||$US $25,000.00|
|1968 Shelby GT 350||21||$62,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$39,995.00|
|1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe Dan Rose Special||21||$64,995.00|
|1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged||12||$64,990.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 GT500||21||$128,995.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 Factory Air Conditioning||21||$106,995.00|
|1967 Shelby GT500 CSS Continuation Series||21||$299,995.00|