MGB Race Car/Rally Car/Track Car /Road legal. 12 Months MOT.
Sale price: £5,300.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
· Standard Engine fitted with 12H-2709 Big Valve Head which is the casting you want for further development.
· Facet high pressure fuel pump.
· Pancake filters.
· Recent new battery.
· Inline fuel filter.Transmission
· 4 Speed (standard ratio) overdrive gearbox.
· 3. 9 Diff.Brakes
· New Callipers recently fitted.
· V8 pads.
· Braided hoses.
· Competition brake fluid.Suspension
· Negative Camber bottom arms.
· 550 lbs front race springs.
· Reverse eye competition rear springs.
· Poly-bushes fitted.
· Competition 3/4 inch anti-roll bar with solid body mounts.
· Competition uprated dampers fitted all-round.Body
· Just had full re-spray in BP style Green outside and matt black inside.
· Aluminium bonnet (now £750 new from BMH).
· Fibreglass front wings.
· Fibreglass tailgate.
· Sebring rear valence.
· Special Tuning front valance.
· Lexcon (similar to Perspex but more scratch resistant) rear and side.
· Minilite style wheels with Yokohama AO48 tyres fitted.Interior
· Cobra Monaco race seats.
· Race seatbelt Harnesses.
· Toggle switches for fuel pump and ignition.
· Push button start.
· Competition Fire extinguisher system for engine compartment and interior.
· Competition Electric cut off system.
· Rear roll-cage.
This has been my race car for the last 7 years and I have used it for a couple of seasons with the MG Car club as a standard class car. Being road registered I have also used it as a great fast road and track-day MGB too.
The reason for sale is that I am building an FIA spec Roadster so the GT is surplus to requirements. Currently fitted with a standard engine and gearbox for road going/Class A but is fitted with the 2709 big valve head (the one to use in a race engine) so it is ready for further tuning and development if the new owner wishes. The car has just been sprayed in BP green (just like David Piper's Ferrari 250) so looks really fresh and almost too good to race!
This would make a great first race car as an MGB is easy to handle on track and can be maintained/tuned on a modest budget. As this is a standard class car possessing a current MOT it can be driven to and from the circuit making it ideal for the HSCC 70's Roadsports. It would also be eligible for a number of MG specific championships with little or no modifications.
I have raced and Rallied MGBs for a number of years so in conjunction with XceedMotorsport we can offer further development of the car/engine if the new owner wishes.
The car is available for viewing at Xceed Motorsport near Knutsford in Cheshire CW9 7TF.
Cash on collection
For further details or to view the car please call:
Chris Ratter: 07768 642914
Adam Entwistle: 07958025664
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Kevin Robbs, dated 20 january 2020
Guessing this has sold
from Ian Maxwell, dated 15 may 2019
I am interested in this to convert to a Historic Rally car but would need bumpers and carpets etc.
Can bumpers be fitted with the current front and rear valances?
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £8,995.00MGB Roadster 1.8 Convertible One Lady Owner !
price: £18,450.00MGA Mk1 Roadster - 1957 - Fully Restored Throughout
price: £24,995.00MGC Roadster 1968 fully restored finished in snowberry white matching int
price: £5,995.001976 MGB GT in White