1959 MG MGA
Sale price: $28,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1959 MG MGA for sale
Originally this was a Southern California Car. I have the British Heritage Museum Certificate and it is registered with NAMGAR. Car was purchased less than a year ago. but had not run for many years. From what I have learned. the original frame-off restoration was performed around 1991-1992. The entire frame is powder coated black and still looks brand new. It was in the same family since then. and passed down to other family members. The previous owner had moved the non-running car at least three times and no longer wanted to keep it running or move it again. . . and they were moving to the Southeast. We have replaced just about everything that was rubber or didn't work properly and had the gauges or other components sent out and reconditioned by MG experts.
After spending a lot of effort and money fixing up the car we decided to join the NorCal MG Owner's Club and enter the car into our first ever car show. We took 1st place out of 9 MGA entries! Just took 2nd place at another event.
Hate to sell it. would love to see it go to a great home!
- New Front Brake Rotors & Calipers
- New Rear Brake Drums & Complete Rebuild Kit
- New Tires & Tubes
- New Weber Carburetor
- New Front Springs & Shocks
- New Exhaust Gaskets
- New Fuel Pump
- New Core Plugs
- New Coil. Wires. Plugs & Pertronix Ignition
- New Engine Hoses and Belts
- New Fuel Gauge Sending Unit
- Negative Ground Conversion
- New Batteries
- New Generator
- New Halogen/Xenon Bulbs & Driving Lights
- New Hidden Bluetooth Amp. Sirius XM Mount & Speakers
- New & Rebuilt Gauges w/LED Lighting
- New Switches & Wiring
- Seating Foam Rebuilt
- New Front Chrome Bumper
- New heater core and controls - heater works great
- New Moto-Lita Wooden Steering Wheel
- Entire Car Wet Sanded and Buffed Out
- Hand Crank. Jack and Fire Extinguisher
- New Canvas Top & Tonneau Cover
Things that I would do if I were going to keep it:
- It drips a little oil. after driving. but that is typical for a car of this vintage. The next time it needs a clutch. I would have that seal modified and updated.
- Couple of minor paint chips need fixing.
- Replace front-end bushings. as needed.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £13,995.00MGB ROADSTER 1967 BRG EXTENSIVE RESTORATION COMPLETED FEBRUARY 2014 STUNNING
price: $US $9,100.001979 MG MGB
price: £7,999.991965 MkI MGB Roadster - New Engine, clutch and gearbox with overdrive
price: $35,000.001961 MG MGA
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|