Jaguar XJS 4.0 manual 1992
Sale price: £2,725.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Drive side:||Right-hand drive|
|In-Car Audio:||AM/FM Stereo, Cassette Player, CD Multichanger|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Jaguar XJS 4.0 manual 1992 for sale
Jaguar XJS manual 4. 0 1992 for sale. 133271 miles only.
Manual facelift XJS.
I have owned this car for nearly a year now. I bought it when I was expecting to move back to the UK for work. However that hasn't happened. I've continued to work overseas for the vast majority of the last year and now I have moved abroad completely. The car now doesn't have a home and needs a good one to go to! It has had very little use over this time apart from a couple of trips to Bath and back c. 300 miles round trip. during which time it behaved perfectly.
It is in great condition and still drives really well with plenty of go. Unfortunately there are a few cosmetic issues which would need to be sorted to make it really nice - I have listed all of these. The paintwork etc still comes up nice and shiny and is mostly in great shape. I literally have had almost no time in the UK this past year and so a. haven't been able to do these small jobs on it and b. aren't using it and enjoying the car as it should be enjoyed.
All in all this is a very nice car and could be a really lovely car indeed. it really needs a garage and a bit of time spent tinkering with it really. neither of which things I have due to re-locating! I wouldn't be selling it at all if I hadn't moved abroad. still puts a smile on my face when you do some country lanes!
Comes with free gifts - 1 tin of correct paint for the car. the XJS facelift service manual AND a spare wooden steering wheel with a Jag badge on it ;). Plus serviced in Nov 2015 and has done 200 miles since then only. Good to go.
1. Full 12 month MOT (with one advisory - minor corrosion at front where the radiator brackets are. I've put a picture in for that).
2. Brand new quality battery (4 year warranty)
3. Bodywork in great condition for the age of the car. almost no rust unlike some I have seen. Also the arches are in good nick as well. It has been waxoiled underneath pretty recently so is is very good nick underneath.
4. Mechanically sound for age of the car.
5. It has had rust cut out and welding done around the pedals (including the jacking point which was re-done). around the passenger seatbelt mount and also on the near side sill. So all welding required is done at great expense. so you don't have to do it.
6. Drives really well. still got loads of power and handles very nicely.
7. Interior in very good condition apart from a couple of areas (see bad points).
8. FSH. and serviced at 133050 miles by a Jaguar specialist. It has only done 200 miles since then.
9. New HP hose for the power steering - these are as I found out quite expensive to replace so luckily this one has had it done for you!
10. All fluids. bulbs etc replaced.
12. Still got Jag toolkit and the spare wheel (unused. with alloy).
13. New off-side wing mirror. Very very hard to get. was in someone's garage for 20 years before I luckily got it.
14. Loads of history with it. old MOTs etc etc. Also all the receipts for what work has been done during my ownership (which has added up to a bit more than I thought!)
1. Bit of rust at rear off-side corner - this isn't really bad at all but it's a bit more than surface rust (see pic)
2. Surface rust (only) around the headlight housing base - not deep or anything. Just no time to do the job!
3. Stone chips as well - a few of these just on the lip of the bonnet and also in the stainless band across the front.
4. 2. 5cm diameter mark on bonnet - I think it was a bird leaving its mark and the previous owner didn't clean it off. Anyway it's not coming out so I have mentioned it.
5. The back lights have a couple of cracks in them. I can't find replacements - they seem to be very rare indeed.
6. The back bumper (the back plastic bit) has been slightly bent in due to some tosser hitting me in a carpark and then driving away without leaving details. I do know the car was yellow because there is a little bit of paint on it as well! (See pics). It could be pushed back out easily enough if you want to.
7. The headlining has started to sag quite a bit in places - it is still in good condition and my mechanic said it is just a case of getting it spray glued back up.
8. There is a tiny bit of surface rust only about the base of two of the wheel arches however this is a very easy fix indeed.
9. There are a couple of cracks in the 'ski-jump'. not huge at all but they are there.
10. The spoiler is a bit rubbish to be honest. The supporting vanes are in bad shape - I have put a picture of this up so see for yourself. However it is water-tight and there is not any damage to the boot lid. so could easily be replaced.
13. The valences are ok and do not need replacing at all - but being honest there is a bit of corrosion there however you can get new ones for £75 each.
13. A couple of bubbles just appearing in two places.
NB I have lots more pics so please email me if you want them - I can only put 12 up on here.
1. Radio works fine BUT a fuse went to the memory unit just recently - the code I then got from Jaguar isn't for the radio in the car and there isn't oddly any record of it being replaced. so it will need to be taken out and the number taken from the back to get it fully functional. As it is it ask for a code to work fully. It is a proper Jag radio though. and all works honest!
2. The aeriel needs replacing. it was damaged. I got a new Jag aeriel in but it turns out that the extendable barrel it sits in needs replacing because it is an integrated unit - this is literally that one in Halfords that costs £12. I just haven't had time to buy one and do it.
3. One panel on the drivers seat is worn (see pics) - however the other seats etc are in good condition.
4. Driver's side wing mirror is brand new as already said BUT the electric adjuster is not currently operational because when I put it on the connecting wire fell into the door and I haven't had time to take the door card off to find it again. Bit of a late in the day job! It all does work when connected. Other side works properly.
5. I have bought new bushes. bump stops and the various washers required. as there is no record of them being changed and I thought it would be best practice to do that. but haven't fitted them. so they are in the boot ready to go on.
6. Driver's door has started sagging a tiny bit. so I have got a couple of Jag shims to go on to sort this out. Again just no time for these little jobs.
The car is now at my friend's house and is available for any inspection. test-drive etc. I am available to answer questions but it will have to be via email (dominic_warren@hotmail. com) or eBay messages. unless you want to ring my mobile in the USA. Might be a bit pricey but feel free if you want to. Call Tom on 07967 321312 to arrange a look/test drive etc. Please do bring proof of your insurance coverage if you want to drive it.
The car is in Letchworth. Hertfordshire.
I have tried to be as honest as I can. I am not a mechanic. however I can say the car has been great for me and seems to be in good shape. The MOT man thought it was in great condition as well. if that helps!
I will also consider reasonable offers and of course may withdraw the car from the auction early should I accept one. Thanks and good luck with your bidding!
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Skoda cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £2,706.00MGB Roadster 1970
price: £3,495.002008 Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI PD DSG Elegance diesel estate auto/man/tip
price: £3,295.001979 Austin Mini 1000cc. Pageant blue. FSH. Fully serviced and ready to go.
price: £2,995.001995 MERCEDES w124 E280 AUTO,5 SPEED,BLACK,FSH,12 MONTHS M.O.T,LEATHER,2 OWNERS