Triumph TR6 1971 Convertible Iconic British Muscle CAR in NSW
Sale price: $18,000.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2016-10-20
Peter Shawyer (from Australia) offered 5000 usd
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
There is nothing to spend on this iconic British muscle car. even down to correct oil and original NOS air filters:
I have brought it up to a stage of ready to start up and it is up to a new owner to finish off this fantastic car. I stopped working on it a year ago as I have just run out of time as new projects and work have come up. There is nothing to buy. everything is included at huge cost to me and car is a step away from going back on the road. Has been stored in my garage since. Bit dusty in pics but looks stunning.
This car is a fantastic near completed project to finish off. The parts alone are worth in the region of $8000. This is a real 1960's high performance car that automotive journalists called ‘the last of the hairy chested British sportscars'.
Check out this video. This is not my car but same model and colour which will give you an idea of how they sound and perform (just cut and paste this in your browser) https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=qoCZ_KdVwcE
And the spec on this car video is more or less what I have done to the car for sale: head modification to 9. 5-1. mild road rally cam (i. e will run smooth not rough like a race cam). exhaust mod. distributor mod: https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=a44-dqOW1qg
. or you could do this to it. https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=V6JKW2TSj60
Finally a good video of a standard Stromberg set up https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=hd_IfsX5i6U
With a 2. 5l straight six growler. this is no lightweight Sunday cruiser for pottering around in like an MGB. Leave the tartan flat cap and plaid knee rug at home because this car should generate around the 125bhp with the mild but powerful modifications done to the engine. It sounded fantastic through the Harbour Tunnel when I was driving it before when it was 105bhp. Wait until you drive it next!
This car was fully registered in NSW up until last year as COG 76T. Just needs blue slip after completion in any state or just put on club plates. You are welcome to do a REVS check. I will provide recent NSW ownership/rego papers in my name. Last tested at Chatswood Motors who also have it on record. VIN number is on the build plate and the NSW ownership papers.
Doors are painted ready to have the brand new supplied window mechanisms installed. hinges are painted. all you have to do is fit them. I left the doors off so that the interior could be more easily trimmed otherwise I would have fitted them. Door trims in very good original trim ready to be fitted.
I decided the car did not need a full ground up restoration as is in good condition for age and was well maintained. I also didn't want a precious car I would be too scared to drive. Had all side panels removed. inspected. repaired where necessary and refitted. All original Triumph fasteners. properly re zinced used. Inners of all panels have been sealed against weather and rust. Car has had the recommended club mod to fix a common issue where the front rain gutter directly in front of the windscreen has been modified left and right (not visible) to funnel water out below the sills (the lack of which was a design fault causing water to collect in the sills).
In addition to what I have spent. this car comes with a huge file of historical repairs totalling about 20K done by the last owner by Sydney's top TR specialist including gear box rebuilds and other major items and very low miles since.
It is up to you to finish this car off and that's the fun part. A great project where 95% of the work has been done for you. All you have to do is complete it in your own time and put it back on the road for summer. A stunning head turner worth anything up to 30 to 35K. There are about four for sale in Australia. in price order they are 40K. 35K. 30K and 18. 5K (with no restoration and is in WA).
I have done or fitted the following or car will come with them.
· Resprayed car in original colour with 2K clear over.
· Engine head removed and restored by leading Artarmon performance engine shop/rebuilder with high compression skim to 9. 5.
· Cam was custom cut to light street specification by the renowned Sydney performance cam makers Camtech in Chipping Norton.
· Distributor professionally rebuilt. timed and balanced at a cost of $450. New cap and leads.
· Performance coil pumping out more voltage for high end spark.
· Bead blasted and fully rebuilt Stromberg carbs with new carb kits.
· All carb metal parts correctly zinc plated.
· NEW rubber hoses. heater tap (original style). rebuilt brake master cylinder.
· NEW original spec battery cables.
· NEW rear brake slave cylinders
· NEW front brake servo cylinder and (very expensive) NOS reservoir.
· NEW pushrods. head gasket. tappet gasket etc
· Engine has been properly timed with a timing wheel and lift guage after new pushrods and cam fitted.
· Original manifold ceramic lined (which will dramatically increase performance). Cost about $400.
· Wheels resprayed and look fantastic
· NEW door straps and rubbers.
· Hood frame removed. refurbed and refitted.
· NEW door hinges imported from the U. K (always worn. expensive but essential to replace)
· NEW door rubber seals.
· NEW rear decals and Leyland badges from TR Shop London.
· NEW front roll bar rubbers.
· NEW front brake hoses.
· NEW window rubbers. windscreen rubbers and silver insert;;;
· NEW aluminium door cappings.
· NEW front suspension rubbers.
· Original correct keys.
· Workshop manuals. original operators manuals etc
· All nuts and bolts. seat sliders. door lock jams etc professionally zinc replated by Artarmon Electoplaters (who have now closed and impossible to get this cheaply done now).
· NEW complete new carpet and interior trim kit from the USA (over $1000 without postage)
· NEW complete full seat cover kit in correct pattern for year (over $1300).
· NEW complete full seat foam kit from Moss California (has been unpacked and fitted to seats)
· NEW old stock full hood imported from the USA. This is a NOS part and much better quality than the cheap modern replacements. Value about $1500.
· NEW window winder mechanisms left and right imported from England.
· NEW replacement rear universal joints to replace old rubber type (cost over $800).
· NEW TR6 rubber mats imported from England.
· NEW rubber centre consol crash pad (where the knobs go). very expensive single item over £100's.
· NEW dash cables and control knobs.
· Full grommet sets
· NEWLY relaminated wood dash (over $400). Professionally done in Sydney
· NEW replacement full retracting seat belts.
· Replaced steering wheel with excellent original.
· NEW steering boots left and right. Rack unpacked and regreased.
· NEW windscreen wiper blades. replacement original pump and hoses.
· NOS new half tonneau. original Triumph.
· Full tonneau
NEW sunvisors (very expensive items)
NEW clutch slave cylinder
· Rear lights dismantled. polished. NEW rubber seals imported from UK.
· NEW rubber boot kit.
· Boot kit with all cardboard side trims as original.
· NEW correct replacement boot inner spare lid.
· Correct right hand drive rare as hens teeth indicator lenses.
· All instruments have been removed. restored. replaced and tested.
· Restored wheels with almost new tyres (used only for a few months limited miles) with new TR decals as original.
· Alpine NOS CD player and new speakers.
· All recent parts bills from 2013 when I started to now. CHECK CURRENT UK AND USA PRICES OF THESE PARTS. THEY ARE MIND BOGGLING AND THAT'S WITHOUT SHIPPING WHICH CAN COST DOUBLE BY THE TIME YOU GET IT HERE.
· Major new parts supplied by the TR Shop of London or NOS sellers in the USA. too many to mention. Hundreds of other small things either replaced or repaired so many that I have forgotten.
Car can be inspected here. If you want to ship it. will help get it on the truck. Sold as is. second hand without warranty.
Call 02 9967-4945 for details and questions.
Also published at eBay.com.au
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Robert, dated 06 may 2017
Is the car still for sale?
from Peter Shawyer, dated 10 october 2016
is the car still available?
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £7,777.001980 TRIUMPH TR7 CONVERTIBLE 1 OWNER 5 SPEED CARNELIAN RED,CONCOURS WINNER
price: $7,500.001972 Triumph TR-6
price: £8,995.001978 Automatic Triumph Stag 3.0L V8 (Russet Brown)
price: $13,250.001979 Triumph Spitfire Base Convertible 2-Door 1.5L
|1959 Triumph TR3||4||$35,995.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire||4||$11,995.00|
|1963 Triumph TR4||4||$14,995.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||4||$12,995.00|
|1961 Triumph TR3||21||$31,950.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||21||$18,900.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire --||21||$8,950.00|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire||10||$4,800.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||5||$18,000.00|
|1979 Triumph Other TR7||16||$11,000.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6 TR-6||1||$8,900.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $5,000.00|
|1968 Triumph TR 250 TR 250||9||$US $38,350.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||15||$US $1,800.00|
|1976 Triumph TR 7||7||$US $500.00|
|1970 Triumph TR-6||13||$US $6,500.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6||18||$US $3,500.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $6,900.00|
|1969 Triumph TR-6 --||21||$US $202.50|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||16||$US $4,300.00|