Valiant VH Charger XL 1972
Sale price: $6,500.00 make an offer
Car location: Adelaide, South Australia, AustraliaSale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
1972 Valiant Charger XL
This is a 1972 built VH XL model Charger that came from factory with a long since missing 265 3-spd auto combo. original colour was Citron Gold Metallic and was optioned with power brakes. Body number 1234.
The shell was sandblasted and has had extensive repairs (which I have the receipts for). these include the complete replacement of the right-hand chassis rail with a rail from a later model. repro boot floor. repro parcel shelf. repro inner and outer lower rear quarters. repro doglegs as well as miscellaneous areas and pinholes were fixed up. Was a project of mine but has completely stalled in the last two years due to other interests. life events and responsibilities taking my time.
Comes with all hanging panels (both doors. bonnet. boot. front guards. nosecone and stone tray). Most of the body and entire underside is coated in POR-15 and one side + the engine bay was coated in primer before the project stalled. So any rust in the pics is minor surface rust only from the time spent sitting. Front suspension rebuilt with new rubbers and parts but should be checked over. rear suspension needs a little work - springs were cleaned up but the leaf spring eyes need new rubbers. New shocks all round. Diff only really good for rolling the shell around. steering box needs to be replaced or reconditioned. Have VIN plate also. which was removed before sandblasting.
Some non-standard things potential buyers should be aware of:
- passenger side front guard has had the standard radio antennae hole filled in
- boot and bonnet have holes drilled in them for mounting pins NASCAR style
- standard fuel filler location has been filled in as I was intending to run a fuel cell or big tank style
- 2" lowering hangers have been installed (these lower the rear of the Charger but allow it to retain full suspension travel unlike lowering blocks. The hangers can be taken out and standard ones put back in very easily).
- transmission tunnel has been slightly hacked up by a previous owner (I did not have this fixed in case the tunnel needed further modifying for non-standard transmissions)- kframe has had engine mount brackets removed
In addition to the shell + hanging panels. this auction also includes a trailerload of items which include:
- fuel tank
- swaybar- radiator- spare auto steering column/crush can- manual pedal box with pedals
- full glass set + door quarter glass rubbers which are fairly hard to find- door window winder/lock mechanisms- window wipers- rear bumper- slightly damaged front bumper (has a small twist in it)- original taillights
- front blinker/turn signal lights
- rear seat (upper and lower)
- original dashframe + a crashpad in ok but not pristine condition. no gauge cluster.
- most exterior chromework
- original wiring loom
- interior parts - seltbeats. small trim pieces. seat mounts etc
- heaps of miscellaneous items - side mirrors. rearview mirror. air system. handbrake. hood opening cable etc
Available for viewing. just contact me via ebay or drop me an email - chargerboy at live. com. au (replace the 'at' with @) and we'll get a time sorted. I can also email people with specific photos if there's something you would like a closer look at.
Please don't ask for a phone number as I'm hearing impaired. Stick to email/ebay and if you want to come and inspect I'll provide you with my mobile number for ease of contact.
Buyers to sort out their own freight and/or pickup of the shell and other items. I will work with them to make sure the Charger and all the parts are picked up/packed properly but I can't arrange freight myself.
Also published at eBay.com.au
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Dave Woolley, dated 01 july 2018
Hi just wondering if you still have the charger thanks regards Dave
Other classic Valiant cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $17,000.00Valiant AP6 Fuel Injected V8 in ACT
price: $7,501.00Valiant Regal VG VF Barnfind Hardtop Coupe ONE Owner IN Original Cond in Cabramatta, NSW
price: $480.00Vc Valiant ute dodge project no reserve
price: $2,800.00VH Valiant Regal in NSW