ERA 1965 Shelby Cobra Replica - ERA#430 - Blue w/ White Stripes
Sale price: $62,500.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Model:||ERA Shelby Cobra|
|Color:||1996 Viper GTS Blue w/ White Stripe|
|Engine:||351 Windsor Stroker (6.0L)|
|Transmission:||5-Speed Tremec w/Original Shifter|
|Trim:||427 S/C II|
|Interior Color:||Black Leather|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
ERA 1965 Shelby Cobra Replica - ERA#430 - Blue w/ White Stripes for sale
This Cobra is a professionally built replica (ERA #430) of a 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C. It is the appropriate international American racing colors. blue and white. It is true to all original Cobra specifications with the exception of specific items where safety and performance were priorities
- Engine is a bored and stroked to 6. 0 L heavy duty 351 Windsor block with every other part being completely special purpose-built for high performance and durability. It has a Steel Billet crankshaft and all of the pistons. rods. camshaft. lifters. push-rods. valves. aluminum heads. etc. . etc. . are all the best available. It has the latest Holly Racing carburetor that is basically a special "racing" version of their 750cfm but with enhanced performance and airflow. The complete ignition system is top notch with all Mallory & MSD parts. The investment in this engine/transmission alone is around $25. 00. Horsepower is approximately 500hp. Equipped with a remote oil filter as well as an appropriate oil cooler. The engine is equipped with a 450-Shot Sportsman Fogger Nitrous system (wet system. port injection) that was installed just for the WOW factor and has never been used while driving. only to tune the system. By using smaller jets in the injectors for the Nitrous system the current available Horsepower is limited to only an additional 150 but if anybody is crazy enough to drive a 2200lb car with 950hp. then this can be easily done. The car will take it. All of the critical hoses and even some not so critical are aircraft quality stainless-steel braided hose. with Earl's fittings. not just look-alikes. Headers and side-pipes are Jet Hot coated inside and out.
351 HD Windsor block w/4-bolt mains. bored & stroked to 6. 0L. Line bored. balanced/blueprinted. More HP than a overweight big block.
Custom mounted 427-like manifold-mounted remote radiator tankPolished Weiand port-matched intake with Holly 750 race carburetor
Remote oil filter in series with oil coolerAll braided stainless steel best-quality hoses and Earl's connectors
Engine is equipped with a 450-shot Pro-Fogger NOS direct port wet system. Complete professional installation that has been de-tuned by using smaller jets at each port to provide only 150hp increase. The larger jets (included) along with proper adjustment of the fuel regulator will allow for as much as a 450hp increase over the normally aspirated induction. All documentation is included. The system has only been run once in the shop. not on the road. to do the initial tune.
- In the spirit of using better parts where performance is concerned. the car is equipped with a Tremec 5-speed transmission (with a modified original shifter) which is infinitely better than the old Ford Toploader that Shelby used. Fifth gear is a . 80 overdrive which keeps RPMs low on the highways which provides remarkably good gas mileage.
- Frame. Body (exact replica in fiberglass) and Suspension are from ERA. the best reproduction parts provider. period. I have personally met and spoken frequently to Peter. the president of the company. and they have been the best at answering any questions and providing any help required. Other parts are from Cobra Restorers. nbsp;and are exact replacements for the original car. The ERA frame is noted for being much stiffer than other replica Cobras.
- The suspension is comprised of dual A-Frames in the front with Alden Aluminum chromed coil-over shocks and a substantial anti-sway bar. The rear is equipped with two Alden Aluminum chromed coil-over shocks at each wheel and has a full independent suspension with special super-duty half-shafts and inboard rear brakes. The Center Section of the rear end is a Salisbury posi-traction unit as original. but equipped with Richmond Gears for strength and durability. The trailing arms and hub mounts are custom made. Wheels are 6-Pin-drive with original real knock-off hubs. The car weighs 2200 lbs. and with this suspension system and the lighter engine it handles much better than an original Cobra.
- Front brakes were replaced after the initial build with 4-piston Sierra calipers and 13" discs. The same that many race cars use. In order to accommodate the much larger brakes. the original wheels were replaced with exact copies but manufactured as a true 17" wheel to both accommodate the larger brakes AND to take advantage of more modern tires to both improve safety and performance. Front tires are 275/45-17s and the rears are 315/35-17s. This combination provides the same tire diameter front and rear but provides a much wider tire at the rear to improve acceleration traction. Rear tires are 13" wide where the fronts are 10". This car rides and handles exceptionally well.
- Even little things like the Headlights; lead crystal lenses with high intensity halogen bulbs! The steering wheel is an original item with the Shelby touch of one/half the number of rivets holding the real wood to the aluminum wheel. Seats are real leather with the driver's seat. which at first glance appears to be original. custom made with extra bolsters to provide more comfort. back support and help hold the driver in place along with the 5-point Simpson harnesses. It has all of the hardware to accommodate an original soft top & side curtains and already has the appropriate tonneau cover. Original driver's seat is included.
- Overall investment in the car to date is $105. 00. The original build was $95K and over the years there have been upgrades. Will accept reasonable offers that still reflect/recognize the quality of this car as compared to other replicas.
- Credentials: Won 9 trophies for Best-in-Class at regional car shows and 2 Overall Peoples' Choice awards at two major shows. Also won First runner-up twice in the Sports Car division (350 cars) at one of the nation's top car shows. Hot August Nights in Reno.
- The most frequent question I get asked. after this car has been viewed by 1. 00s of people. is an enthusiastic: "Is this a REAL Cobra?". I always feel bad when I have to disappoint them and tell them it is a replica. Park this car next to any available replica and it is clear why folks think it is a "REAL Cobra".
Check out the full description at eracobraforsale dotcom.
First time this ERA#430 has been offered for sale. Professionally built in 1995. Registered and Insured in the State of Nevada. Owner has clear title in possession.
Shipping or pick up must be arranged by successful buyer. Final sale price does not include shipping.
Sale through eBay & Deposit Payment through PayPal/or Cashiers Check in person at local bank. $2. 00 Deposit required through PayPal to take listing down.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Shelby cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $34,990.001965 Shelby Cobra --
price: $52,000.001965 Shelby Replica
price: $20,000.00One of a kind ---- Tons of performance parts
price: $89,000.001969 Shelby GT 350
|1965 Shelby MKII||1||$37,900.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$54,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Factory Five Racing||4||$29,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra 427 ERA||3||$64,995.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Replica||4||$37,995.00|
|1966 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$35,995.00|
|1968 Shelby GT500 --||12||$155,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 Replica||21||$69,450.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Mark II FACTORY FIVE RACE CAR||4||$US $21,500.00|
|1969 Shelby GT350||16||$US $35,400.00|
|1965 Shelby ford||8||$28,900.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||19||$US $25,000.00|
|1968 Shelby GT 350||21||$62,000.00|
|1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five||4||$39,995.00|
|1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe Dan Rose Special||21||$64,995.00|
|1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Supercharged||12||$64,990.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 GT500||21||$128,995.00|
|1969 Shelby GT500 Factory Air Conditioning||21||$106,995.00|
|1967 Shelby GT500 CSS Continuation Series||21||$299,995.00|