1960 MG MGA
Sale price: $29,750.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Number of Doors:||2 Doors|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1960 MG MGA for sale
Offered for sale. from KURT TANNER MOTORCARS. is this superb and desirable MGA Mk 1 Roadster presented in the rare and desirable factory colors of black with red trim. This car was recently purchased from it's long term Northern California owner who lovingly restored this car in it's believed original color scheme. This car presents very well with near perfect factory shutlines and an achingly beautiful straight body. showing no signs of previous damage or repair. The fitted early MGB 1800cc 3-main engine is a desirable and accepted upgrade providing a much-improved 95 horsepower over the 1600's original 80.
The bodywork and paint on this car is exceptional. The previous owner informed us that the car was finished in the original style lacquer paint material. The paintwork has very few flaws with an extremely high gloss over a near perfect body. Gaps are superb. All panels open and shut nicely with correct clearances. A new rubber kit and mostly all new exterior chrome was also fitted.
The interior trim on this car was renewed as well at the time of the restoration. Seats. panel kit. carpet kit are all newer. The dashboard facia was tastefully painted to match the color of the interior trim. The car also retains it's original and period Motorola transistor radio- a nice touch.
The restored engine compartment presents beautifully clean. The healthy engine starts easily and revs very well with a healthy 50psi of oil pressure at tickover. The brakes and clutch controls are nice. Fluids are clean and up to the mark. showing the car came from a caring home.
The undercarriage of the car appears relatively clean and tidy. void of any built-up road grime. with a rebushed front suspension at some point.
Weather equipment still needs to be chosen and fitted. but the car is provided with it's original sidecurtain set and soft top frame (pictured). Overall. this excellent MGA 1600 Roadster finished in black with red trim is a beautiful car with a desirable spec 1800cc upgraded engine. It presents crisply on it's original steel wheels and is a gem of a motorcar. looking like it is straight out of the period. Considering the current costs of restoration. this highly attractive car is very well priced in today's market.
Please look at all pictures and call or email with any questions.
The description above is general in nature and not to be solely relied upon by buyer. Buyer to verify authenticity. matching numbers. condition. year. model. make. type. rarity or provenance and all other relevant information.
This car is sold with a clear title and is available for inspection by appointment.
This car is located in Southern California. span > 35 minutes (30 miles) from the Los Angeles Port of Long Beach.
Please look at our other offerings.
KURT TANNER MOTORCARS
www. kurttannermotorcars. com
909. 241. 1051 – CELL
949. 734. 6904 – SHOP Contact Kurt Tanner Motorcars 1307 E St. Gertrude Place
Building A Santa Ana California 92705 View Map Ask for:Kurt Tanner Contact: Contact Us Primary Phone:(909) 241-1051 Directions to Dealer Contact Us Terms
Notice to Bidders: All of the vehicles we list on eBay are for sale locally. We reserve the right to end an auction early. Deposit: We require a non-refundable $2000 deposit within 48 hours of winning the auction. Please call to make arrangements for payment. Payment Types: Cash in person. Certified Funds. Institutional Financing All sales transactions must be completed within 7 calendar days of auction close. Prices subject to change without notice and do not include Title. License. Registration Fees. State or Local Taxes or Processing Fees. if any. Please contact seller first for vehicle availability. Although every effort is made to present accurate and reliable information. use of this information is voluntary. and should only be deemed reliable after an independent review of its accuracy. completeness. and timeliness. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify the existence of options. accessories and the vehicle condition before time of sale. Any and all differences must be addressed prior to time of sale. No expressed or implied warranties. including the availability or condition of the equipment listed is made. EPA mileage estimates for comparison purposes only. Actual mileage may vary depending on driving conditions. driving habits. and vehicle maintenance.
1. Placing a Bid: Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract to purchase this vehicle. Please do not bid if you're not seriously interested or financially able to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
2. Kurt Tanner Motorcars reserves the right to.
a. Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction.
b. Cancel any and all bids at our discretion. or end the auction early if necessary.
3. Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to Bid.
4. Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
a. If you place a bid before the last 12-hour period of the auction:
§ You may retract that bid before that last 12-hour period but only for exceptional circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction.
b. If you place a bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction:
§ You will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
5. Funds & Financing:
a. For help in arranging for a Pre-Approved loan or for any questions please e-mail or phone Kurt at
(909) 241-1051 prior to bidding.
6. Buyers Inspection: Kurt Tanner Motorcars has done our best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. Kurt Tanner Motorcars welcomes a buyers inspection. If you plan to have a buyers inspection. please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees if any are Buyers responsibility.
7. Representations and Warranties made by seller: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller. nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
8. Taxes and Registration fees: Out of state buyers are responsible for all state. county. city taxes and fees. as well as title service fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. All taxes and fees must be paid in full in order for vehicle to be titled and registered.
9. Title Information: Vehicles titles may be held by banks or lenders as collateral for loans. In many cases there is a delay in receiving the original instruments up to 21 days from the time we pay a vehicle off. While we usually have all titles in our possession at closing. there are occasions where we may be waiting for them to arrive. If payment is made by cashier's checks we will hold all titles until funds have cleared.
10. Shipping & Delivery:
a. All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility. Kurt Tanner Motorcars will help with shipping arrangements but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage!
b. Licensed Carriers are generally insured. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our showroom. All shipping arrangements are provided by Kurt Tanner Motorcars as a courtesy. We are not affiliated with any carrier. Any claims or other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper. not with Kurt Tanner Motorcars.
c. The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. but is generally 7-14 days from the date the vehicle is picked up from our facility until it is delivered to your destination. Verify with the shipper for an Estimate Time of Arrival to be sure.
11. Finalizing your Purchase:
a. Kurt Tanner Motorcars will contact the successful high bidder by e-mail after the auction closes.
b. Successful high bidder MUST communicate with Kurt at Kurt Tanner Motorcars by e-mail or phone
(909) 241-1051 within 48 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 7 days. we reserve the right to relist this vehicle or sell to any other qualified buyer.
c. At time of sending initial deposit. before said vehicle is released for shipment to Buyer. all other Sale related and title related paperwork must be signed and returned complete to Seller.
Fees and Taxes Out of state buyers are responsible for paying tax. title. license and documentation fee. The customer is responsible for registering the vehicle in their home state. Please reach out to dealer for details.Copyright © 2017 Auction123 - All rights reserved. - Disclaimer +-
Auction123 (a service and listing/software company) and the Seller has done his/her best to disclose the equipment/condition of this vehicle/purchase. However. Auction123 disclaims any warranty as to the accuracy or to the working condition of the vehicle/equipment listed. The purchaser or prospective purchaser should verify with the Seller the accuracy of all the information listed within this ad.Selling a Vehicle? Create Professional Listings Fast and Easy. Click Here!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £4,750.001977 MG B WHITE
price: $17,500.001973 MG MGB B
price: $5,900.001952 MG MGB
price: $2,900.001975 MG Midget Convertible
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|