1957 Dodge Power Wagon
Sale price: $36,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1957 Dodge Power Wagon for sale
Financing & delivery is available. call or ebay message for information on these or other services.
The Dodge PowerWagon. One of the most iconic heavy duty do-all trucks in history. It can drive nearly anywhere. it can climb. it can be adapted to run a variety of devices from the PTO and it has enough grunt to pull down an I-95 freeway overpass. The city council in Houston has been debating the millions of dollars it would cost to tear down the Astrodome for nearly 10 years. All they really need is my cousin driving one of these trucks and a length of steel cable.
These trucks were built to last and to work hard. Used and developed by the military and then homogenized into civilian variants. these trucks could be found on nearly every war zone and farm up until the 80s. Now they are one of the hottest commodities in the collector market. They rate on Hagertys' 'must-watch' list as one of the last years most appreciating unnoticed vehicles along with international harvester scouts and a few other under appreciated trucks.
No. it does not have air conditioning. It does however have a front windshield that will crank out to magically 'condition' the cab atmosphere to match the outside. In this case. fan speed would be controlled by the accelerator pedal.
No. it does not have cruise control. It does however have 'traffic jam' control by engaging the 4wd transfer case and shifting into low gear to simply crawl over all of the morons and idiots in honda civics surrounding you on hwy 290 at 5pm on Friday.
No. it is not eco-friendly. It is however a 'hybrid'. because it is like driving a hybrid between a miniature semi-truck and an 8. 00lb tractor.
If your looking for disc brakes. air bags and fuel economy. then this is not the truck for you. What this truck does provide is brute force. Its rough. its tough. You'll be hard pressed to find a place it cant go. except for maybe a townhouse garage. This truck does have a new hidden am/fm stereo controls by remote with an iPod connection to listen to your favorite music. in the event that your favorite sounds are not the whirring. interlocking mechanical gear noises that accompany this beast. In the event that you catch a tailwind and find yourself north of 65mph have no fear. The brakes have been completely gone through and are in top working order and will stop this truck just fine. The transmission shifts very well. and yes you are supposed to double clutch from 1st to 2nd. The transfer case was completely rebuilt and is in good working order. The axles and hubs were inspected and services. The engine is an upgrade from stock. a Poly-Head 318ci V8 50's Chrysler powerhouse with a 4bbl carb.
The glass is good and the windows work. The interior is new and all in black. including 4 point safety harnesses for seatbelts to make sure you feel secure in this American icon of rolling thunder. The truck cab and hood paint is aged and faded as you may notice from the photos and doesnt exactly match the truck bed. The cab paint is a single step paint so it brightens up with polishing like we did for the photos but like a lacquer it starts to fade and dull with time and has to be re-polished. It would benefit from a repaint. The bed was added later and the paint is much newer and is a more modern paint so it does not have that issue. The tires are all in great shape. The electric wiper works. as do the gauges and the truck even has an ignition kill switch to make sure it stays in the parking lot where you left it. In the photos there is only dirt on the running boards from getting in and driving it and not wiping it down. The running boards are powdercoated slick gloss black without any defects.
It also comes with the complete and functional MU-2 winch assembly. This is nearly impossible to piece together and is the most desirable option to have on these trucks. Adding one to a truck that doesnt have it can cost you many thousands if your even lucky enough to ever find all of the very rare parts. This truck has over $70. 00 invested in it to make sure all of the right parts were there and that the mechanicals work properly. Here is a small sampling of some of the work that has been done to this truck:
- upgraded to a rebuilt & bored over POLY 318 V8
- added correct truck bed
- added correct winch and bumper components assembled with correct cornhead grease
- 4bbl converision with weiand intake and edelbrock carb with elec choke
- battery tender installed to plug in and maintain battery charge for extended storage
- new production correct running boards
- rebuilt clutch assembly and bearings
- replaced wiring with Painless wiring harness and painless wire shielding kit
- hidden satellite radio with hidden antenna
- new upholstery and headliner
- rhino liner applied to floor boards
- POR15 undercoating applied to frame and undercarriage
- replaced weatherstripping
- dual exhaust
- rebuilt wheel hubs
- rebuilt transfer case
- replaced u-joints and all service items including rebalancing and building driveshafts
- windshield replaced
- rebuilt transmission
- complete fuel system replace and RENU tank. new sending unit
- completely beefed up and rebuilt radiator
Basically. everything mechanical and functional on this truck was rebuilt or referbished to make sure it was mechanically sound and as reliable as possible.
This truck starts every time with hardly any effort. It is alittle rough. but they are not meant to be Cadillacs. This is not a $55. 00 pristine example of a PowerWagon. I am sure you know top examples of these trucks sell in the $45. 00 to $65. 00 range. with trick updated models fetching way into the six figures. This is not one of those. This is an easily affordable Power Wagon that you can buy for almost half the price that you dont have to be so worried to scratch but can feel safe in knowing it will not leave you stranded.
This car has been stored in a climate controlled man-cave as part of a private collection for many years. It is in great shape for its age and is priced accordingly. It has been maintained and fairly easy to drive and enjoy.
Some of the highlights include:
- Rebuilt 318 Poly-Head V8 engine (bored . 40 over)
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Rebuilt Rockwell transfer case
- Heavy-duty 4x4. real military grade work horse
- Complete MU-2 winch assembly
- Electric wiper
- Fuel tank was removed and RENU lined
- Rebuilt large core radiator for these blistering Texas summers
- New brake and clutch master cylinder
- CAMlock 4 point safety harnesses
- Aftermarket AM/FM stereo w/ iPod connection
- 4bbl Edelbrock 1406 carb w/ electric chokce
- Weiand high rise 4bbl POLY intake
- Military tires
Known Issues or defects: nearly all cosmetic
- The cab body and hood paint appears to be single stage and is faded from age
- the overall body work on cab is alittle rough
- The Poly 318 V8 engine prevents the use of the original winch drive shaft so stainless 3/4 DD shaft was used in place for the winch to be functional.
- the wood in the bed is old and could use replacing. The bed strips as well should be powdercoated when the wood is replaced.
- Nothing else of note. Its mechanically in really good shape. Starts right up every time and drives well. It was used for personal enjoyment and driven locally for the last 6 years with repairs and upgrades being made as needed.
I have personally driven this car and it is as easy to drive as one of these truck can be. Please dont buy this for your 16 year olds first truck. It is a beast on the road. The truck drives well and gets alot of attention. Very fun. What a way to enjoy your investment!
If you have been looking to get into these iconic American trucks but are amazed that all you can find is a rusted out cab shell for $5. 00 or a mint newly restored truck for $65. 000. then this is the truck for you. All of the look. all of the function a savings on the price.
This vehicle is available for sale in other venues and we reserve the right to end this listing at any time.
We do consider trades in the specialty or classic category. We can also discuss payment terms or options. We are happy to try and make a deal.
Feel free to make offers. and if you have any questions please message or call 888-716-5333
- All checks of any kind are subject to clear.
- If you want to inspect the car set up an appt and do so BEFORE bidding.
- Make sure you have the approval or parent. wife or whomever else may matter before bidding.
- Deposits are NOT refundable. Selling on Ebay costs time and money.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Tom, dated 25 february 2020
Where is this truck located?
from Clay Barnes, dated 03 february 2019
What is the box in front of the driver side door, I don't see this on many models?
Other classic Dodge cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $149,950.001967 Dodge Charger --
price: $US $36,500.001966 Dodge Coronet 500
price: $33,000.001970 Dodge Charger
price: $US $21,700.001970 Dodge Challenger
|1963 Dodge Other||6||$25,000.00|
|1988 Dodge Ram 1500 LE 150||4||$15,995.00|
|1964 Dodge Polara Max Wedge||21||$39,995.00|
|1934 Dodge Deluxe Six||4||$25,995.00|
|1966 Dodge A-100||4||$24,995.00|
|1972 Dodge Challenger Restomod||4||$73,995.00|
|1971 Dodge D100||4||$67,995.00|
|1973 Dodge Challenger R/T Tribute||4||$36,995.00|
|1972 Dodge Dart Swinger||4||$17,995.00|
|1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Tribute||4||$36,995.00|
|1974 Dodge Charger SE||4||$19,995.00|
|1970 Dodge Challenger T/A||4||$74,995.00|
|1970 Dodge Challenger Resto-Mod||4||$123,995.00|
|1969 Dodge Coronet||4||$16,995.00|
|1965 Dodge Coronet --||12||$29,998.00|
|1985 Dodge Other Pickups Custom Prospector||4||$14,995.00|
|1970 Dodge Charger 500 Restomod||4||$119,995.00|
|1939 Dodge Other Pickups||4||$18,995.00|
|1975 Dodge Other Pickups Tribute||4||$22,995.00|
|1967 Dodge Coronet R/T||21||$33,995.00|