1926 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
Sale price: $165,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1926 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost for sale
1926 Springfield Silver Ghost Brewster Pickwick
This car was delivered on September 2. 1926 to a Mrs. A. H. Anderson. My understanding is that she was related to the Weyhauser family. The car was delivered to California and had been in California all of it's life until my purchase. It was an icon in San Francisco prominently displayed in front of restaurants as it was owned by a restanteur at the time. The emblem in the car shows that it participated in the Guardsman Concourse on October 14. 1962 in the San Francisco bay area.
The car was purchased with the odometer at an amazing 16. 64(Now at 20. 96). Thinking that this could not be true proved otherwise when the sump was dropped and the bearings checked with the original red paint in the sump to be quite in tact. Still. the sump and oil journals were throughly cleaned and new caps installed knowing that the engine was in good shape for touring.
The installation of the Gear Vendors overdrive has enabled a car to cruise quite nicely at 55mph+ with low engine noise. Most of the work has been mechanical in my ownership as the patina of the car dictated that it was quite presentable and showed quite nicely and much in as original a condition as possible.
An exception would be the installation of turn signals on the right side which. of course. were not standard at the time. However. for safety reasons for touring. it was decided to install the lights but in keeping with the original look by locating the same light combination and fabricating a mirror image of the light to be installed on the right side. Some additional wiring is required inside the cab to install turn signal etc. but is very minor.
The car has been driven from West Chester. PA to Pittsburgh and then on to Toronto. Canada and back as well as other shorter trips in and around the East Coast.
The car has been lovingly taken care of awaiting new custodianship.
Much has been done since purchase with some specifics below.
* Wheels powder coated. New Tires and tubes. lock rings re-nickled.
* The sump dropped and the main bearing checked for tolerance. sump and oil journal cleaned and new cap installed.
* New exhaust manifold and new intake manifold installed.
* New wiring throughout. Right and Left turn signals wired and installed and everything is wired into the cab though turn signal hardware has not been added. It would be easy to connect once deciding on the type of turn signal hardware.
* Slipper Flywheel adjusted.
* Gearvendor overdrive installed.
* New brake pads. sealed wheel bearings.
* Radiator ultrasonically cleaned. Slipper Flywheel adjusted.
* Gas tank professionally cleaned and coated.
* New gaitors on all springs.
* Hotronics battery disconnect.
Blenheim Award winner at the 2010 Toronto Meet. 2nd place award at the 2014 New Hope Auto Show. The car has been well maintained by Tim Jayne of Dennison-Jayne Motors since purchase. Located in PA.
Great Ghost for first time Ghost buyers.
Inspections are welcome.
Please call 610-436-8668 for Inspections.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Rolls-Royce cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $5,000.001982 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit/Spur/Dawn
price: $59,850.001977 Rolls-Royce Corniche
price: $US $23,000.001989 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit/Spur/Dawn
price: $24,995.001978 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II