1960 MG MGA Roadster
Sale price: $24,750.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||Inline 4 OHV|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1960 MG MGA Roadster for sale
Offered for sale. from KURT TANNER MOTORCARS. is this extremely nice MGA Roadster. The 1600 model offered front disc brakes as standard. upgraded lighting arrangement. and improved mechanicals. This car was just purchased from it's long term owner in North Carolina who had the car extensively restored a few years ago. with little use since. This car presents very well with it's crisp steel wheels and original color Iris Blue paintwork. a refreshing change from all the red. white. and green cars on the market.
The body on this car is excellent with no signs of any accidents. and only very little repairs to the dogleg areas with a pair of replaced rockers (sills). The gaps on the car are very good to excellent and the panels all open and close well. As part of the restoration. the seller stated that the car was completely stripped to bare metal for quality bodywork and paintwork. The dashboard was removed and also correctly painted to match the car's bodywork.
The chromework is in good to very good condition overall. A new windshield was fitted. A new rubber kit was installed.
The car's mechanicals were also treated to the same. The engine currently fitted is a professionally rebuilt 1800cc 18V unit from an MGB. a completely acceptable and desirable upgrade to these cars for a lot more power and torque. The starter has been replaced with a high-torque modern unit. along with a spin-on type oil filter setup. all very sensible. The original gearbox was rebuilt with new bearings. syncros. and gaskets. It is silent and shifts very well. A new clutch was fitted. As a precaution to hot summer weather. an auxilary electrical fan was also fitted. The engine starts easily and quickly on the key. warms up nicely and quietly. and exhibits 45-50lbs oil pressure at hot idle. while water temperature is at 180 degrees. The engine compartment presents very well and clean. The car runs and drives great. It is very stable. smooth. and sure-footed. and lots of fun making all the right MGA noises !
The car's interior features leather-trimmed seats and armrest as original. a new black carpet kit. restored panel kit. newer black top (with a slight cut under repair-picture). and restored dashboard. The underdash is very clean and detailed.
Overall. this attractive 1600 Roadster is a little gem of an MGA. It runs. drives. looks. and presents wonderfully well with the bonus of nearly 100 hp from it's upgraded 1800 engine. It is a turn-key car. ready to enjoy. With simple upkeep and care from it's next owner. it should look the same for years to come.
Please look at all pictures and call or email with any questions.
The description above is general in nature and not to be solely relied upon by buyer. Buyer to verify authenticity. matching numbers. condition. year. model. make. type. rarity or provenance and all other relevant information.
This car is sold with a clear title and is available for inspection by appointment.
This car is located in Southern California. 35 minutes (30 miles) from the Los Angeles Port of Long Beach.
Please look at our other offerings.
KURT TANNER MOTORCARS
909. 241. 1051 – CELL
949. 734. 6904 – SHOP Vehicle Photos: Vehicle Warranty:
Vehicle is sold in AS IS condition without warranty.About Kurt Tanner Motorcars:
Kurt Tanner Restorations evolved into Kurt Tanner Motorcars. a classic European sports car dealer located here in Southern California. Kurt’s 25 years of restoring sports cars brings an expertise to the market that can accurately identify and assess a car’s condition. from basket case project cars. all the way up to a Concours show winner.Terms and Conditions: Payment Options We accept the following payment methods:
- Cashier's Check/money order
- Loan check from eBay Financing Center
- Cash (in person)
Vehicle Pickup & Shipping All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility. General Terms
Notice to Bidders: All of the vehicles we list on eBay are for sale locally. We reserve the right to end an auction early. Deposit: We require a non-refundable $2000 deposit within 48 hours of winning the auction. Please call to make arrangements for payment. Payment Types: Cash in person. Certified Funds. Institutional Financing All sales transactions must be completed within 7 calendar days of auction close. Prices subject to change without notice and do not include Title. License. Registration Fees. State or Local Taxes or Processing Fees. if any. Please contact seller first for vehicle availability. Although every effort is made to present accurate and reliable information. use of this information is voluntary. and should only be deemed reliable after an independent review of its accuracy. completeness. and timeliness. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify the existence of options. accessories and the vehicle condition before time of sale. Any and all differences must be addressed prior to time of sale. No expressed or implied warranties. including the availability or condition of the equipment listed is made. EPA mileage estimates for comparison purposes only. Actual mileage may vary depending on driving conditions. driving habits. and vehicle maintenance.Placing a Bid: Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract to purchase this vehicle. Please do not bid if you're not seriously interested or financially able to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement Kurt Tanner Motorcars reserves the right to. Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction. Cancel any and all bids at our discretion. or end the auction early if necessary. Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to Bid. Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid" If you place a bid before the last 12-hour period of the auction: You may retract that bid before that last 12-hour period but only for exceptional circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction. If you place a bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction: You will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid. Funds & Financing: For help in arranging for a Pre-Approved loan or for any questions please e-mail or phone Kurt at
(909) 241-1051 prior to bidding. Buyers Inspection: Kurt Tanner Motorcars has done our best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. Kurt Tanner Motorcars welcomes a buyers inspection. If you plan to have a buyers inspection. please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees if any are Buyers responsibility. Representations and Warranties made by seller: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller. nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids. Taxes and Registration fees: Out of state buyers are responsible for all state. county. city taxes and fees. as well as title service fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. All taxes and fees must be paid in full in order for vehicle to be titled and registered. Title Information: Vehicles titles may be held by banks or lenders as collateral for loans. In many cases there is a delay in receiving the original instruments up to 21 days from the time we pay a vehicle off. While we usually have all titles in our possession at closing. there are occasions where we may be waiting for them to arrive. If payment is made by cashier's checks we will hold all titles until funds have cleared. Shipping & Delivery: All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility. Kurt Tanner Motorcars will help with shipping arrangements but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage! Licensed Carriers are generally insured. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our showroom. All shipping arrangements are provided by Kurt Tanner Motorcars as a courtesy. We are not affiliated with any carrier. Any claims or other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper. not with Kurt Tanner Motorcars. The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. but is generally 7-14 days from the date the vehicle is picked up from our facility until it is delivered to your destination. Verify with the shipper for an Estimate Time of Arrival to be sure. Finalizing your Purchase: Kurt Tanner Motorcars will contact the successful high bidder by e-mail after the auction closes. Successful high bidder MUST communicate with Kurt at Kurt Tanner Motorcars by e-mail or phone
(909) 241-1051 within 48 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 7 days. we reserve the right to relist this vehicle or sell to any other qualified buyer. At time of sending initial deposit. before said vehicle is released for shipment to Buyer. all other Sale related and title related paperwork must be signed and returned complete to Seller. Fees and Taxes
Fees and Taxes Out of state buyers are responsible for paying tax. title. license and documentation fee. The customer is responsible for registering the vehicle in their home state. Please reach out to dealer for details.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $17,999.001953 MG T-Series
price: £5,500.00MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster Convertible Overdrive 1972 Tax Exempt (Tax & MOT)
price: $20,000.001952 MG T-Series TD
price: $4,095.001974 MGB GT All Original Rust Free Survivor
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|