1983 Audi URQuattro, UR Quattro prestine, Rare, rally, restored
Sale price: $5,346.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2014-10-28
Adomas (from Lithuania) offered usd
Vd A Y Y offered 5300 eur
Car location: Clarence Center, New York, United StatesSale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||10 valve turbo rebuilt and modified|
|Transmission:||5 speed manual|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1983 Audi URQuattro, UR Quattro prestine, Rare, rally, restored for sale
Current customer rating: (324 votes) based on
****MILEAGE IS IN KILOMETERS and they are not the mileage on the engine-Read on
For those of you that know this is the ORIGINAL Audi that started it all. The most sought after Audi ever built and one of the rarest (with exception of the UR Sport).
I imported this car from British Columbia and not more than 25 were imported into Canada. All the gauges are still in kilometers. The car has been properly cleared to be driven and registered in the United States It was owned and built by a renowned Audi mechanic in British Columbia. He disassembled this car and rebuilt it bigger and better than the factory did. The car is pristine and wicked fast for a 10 valve 5 cylinder. I have not had it on the Dyno but with the boost turned up and boosting over 20 the car is certainly close to or over 300 HP.
This Audi has been built from the frame up. It features:
• Custom Leather and Suede Interior with gold piping detail hand done by Matthew Barry upholstery. All Carpets brand new as well. It only took him 8 months to finish it. This was done1 year ago.
*Door window cranks from a European car
• Upgraded suspension -the suspension was fully restored. sub frames. struts. control arms. rear diff. linkage. locking diff. blasted and painted with Endura plastic paint.
*All new suspension bushings and motor mounts were installed -This allowed the car to handle corners better than stock
*Power steering from a 84 Coupe and power booster was replaced. This really cleaned up the engine compartment as you can see vs. the stock URQ setup.
• Larger Turbo with adjustable boost control (Capable of 20+LBS boost)-race fuel required at that level! The boost spring in the waste gate was replaced and takes it from 7psi to 11psi. The adjustable waste gate will fool the system and you can go much farther if desired.
• Fuel injection system from a 5000 Turbo Quattro it was turned 180 degrees and used steel braided lines where possible. This added power and efficiency but keeps it very factory looking.
• Brand new brakes (Rotors and pads) front calipers off a 1991 200 Turbo and rear calipers. e brake cables from a 90 coupe quattro
• 17" Wheels and brand new tires replaced 1 year ago-tires have 99 % tread life
• Brand new paint job and the wing is from the Sport model (Rarest Audi made) the paint was done last winter and has not seen a winter and rarely sees rain. Over $5000 in paint work here. Rear trunk lid from an 87 Audi coupe. its a fiberglass lid and saves significant weight. A few minor stress cracks have developed in the paint on the rear wing. They are not visible unless you are right on top of it. Just trying to give you every little detail.
• Engine has tuned for the larger inter cooler and turbo. Engine has roughly 130 Kms on it as it was redone by the previous owner. Wiring Harness was cleared up by using a harness from a 1987 Audi 5000. interior harness from an 83 Audi 4000 with all extras removed. Heater Core is new. Everything possible was left stock to maintain reliability.
• Custom inter-cooler was built by the original owner to handle the increased power and required cooling needed for this built engine
• Custom Hand Built Exhaust system from the CAT back (she rumbles but is not quiet)(Mandrel bend tube)
Every aspect of this car has been immaculately maintained and detailed. I hardly drive this car. It has always been my favorite Audi and I had to have one. I am only selling it because it has served my purpose. I have showed the car at many car shows and it demands attention as one of the most sought after rally cars in history. I never drive it and that is a shame. The car is not so much a daily driver. not that it will not run and drive every day. The car is BUILT. it wants to go fast and does not like being buzzed around slow. It will only run the boost turned up if you add octane or run race fuel. If you push it with regular pump fuel with boost turned up she will ping. Give her some octane and HOLD ONE! This is a one of a kind and needs to go to a good home. Someone that understands what this is.
THIS IS WHAT IT IS:
A promise kept by Audi - hand-built by a volume manufacturer.
Most show cars are never actually built. But the Audi quattro was built. and the first of over 11. 00 lucky owners had their cars in November that year. ur-Quattros were built in Hall N2 at Audi's Ingolstadt factory. But not on a production line - every car was hand built right to the end. Although Audi's other production lines operated 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Hall N2 had a single shift of twenty working from 06:00 to 14:00. weekdays only. At its peak. including the janitor and the tea-lady. the whole team numbered 48. Each quattro took seven days and 40 hours of labour to build - with roughly three a day leaving Hall N2. Once completed. each vehicle went through a test programme that is still the strictest Audi has ever used. The engine went through its own test cycle. and the suspension was electronically checked. Then it was run up to 160km/h on a test stand and driven for 60km on public roads around Ingolstadt - first on ordinary roads and then on the Autobahn. with a rev limit of 4000rpm or 185km/h. Then it went around an Audi test track to check the suspension. On each trip two stops were made to check fluid levels. Any test vehicle involved in an accident was immediately scrapped. with components being recycled into later production. Finally a rain test showered the car with 3500 litres of water for ten minutes - other Audis faced the same test for only 30 seconds. Until recently the only comparable programme today is the construction of the Porsche Carrera GT in Leipzig. but Audi has now returned to the fray with the R8.
I have over $16. 00 into my baby. I am not very negotiable. The FIRM price is $13. 00 so you don't have to guess at the reserve. If the car sells I will be sad if it does not sell I will keep it so don't try to make a deal I don't need to sell that bad.
I accept bank checks. pay-pal. cash.
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY-price is FIRM
You can Call me-Chris 716-628-3236
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Mark, dated 16 september 2017
Still for sale?
from neal willey, dated 13 may 2016
Hi sorry if this has been asked a million times before but have to ask just incase the car is still for sale if not apologies for bugging you.
Kindest Regards Neal
Other classic Audi cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $US $900.001988 Audi 5000
price: $19,500.001987 Mercedes-Benz 190-Series 190 E BABY HAMMER
price: $US $3,550.001956 GMC 101 Panel
price: $US $16,000.001962 Chevrolet Nova
|1965 Chevrolet C-10 --||21||$14,995.00|
|1989 Porsche 944||4||$14,995.00|
|1986 Audi 5000 Quattro||9||$US $2,000.00|
|1987 Audi Coupe||21||$3,000.00|
|1978 Chevrolet El Camino||12||$US $4,000.00|
|1986 Mercedes-Benz E-Class||9||$7,750.00|
|1989 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||21||$14,977.00|
|1965 Chevrolet C-10 --||21||$14,500.00|
|1980 Pontiac Trans Am Bandit Edition 6.6L||21||$27,995.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Specialty 4 Wheel Drive Iltis||10||$US $6,500.00|
|1987 Audi Coupe||21||$3,500.00|
|1987 Porsche 924||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1929 Ford Model A||21||$39,990.00|
|1989 Porsche 944||4||$14,995.00|
|Audi 5000S/ 5000CS Manual 1984-1988||8||$89.99|
|1984 Porsche 944||21||$US $6,601.00|
|1978 Chevrolet El Camino||12||$US $3,900.00|
|1979 Volkswagen Thing||10||$US $5,000.00|
|1969 Ford Mustang Grande Hardtop||21||$17,995.00|
|1965 Chevrolet C-10 --||21||$16,995.00|