1970 Saab 96 V4 Deluxe
Sale price: $4,400.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||1.7L 1699CC 104Cu. In. V4 GAS OHV Naturally Aspira|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1970 Saab 96 V4 Deluxe for sale
Here's the initial work recommended:Clean carburetor
Front brake pads service calipers
Replace rear brake cylinder
Lube. oil filter
Electrical inspection**Please read entire listing carefully**The strong and solid body is in great condition. Interior condition is a bit mixed. but could be easily restored. Original seats are in fantastic condition.
4 speed manual shifter on steering column.
Currently registered as non-operational. but would function as a daily driver if restored and maintained.
This model is incredibly rare. and the number of running models is decreasing every year.
Priced to sell quickly. These models sell for $20. 00 or more when restored.
I love this car. but I moved and now have limited space and time.
If you're unfamiliar with the model. I'd suggest a little research. These cars have a very cool history.
NOTES:1. I've advertised this vehicle as the Deluxe edition based on my mechanic's assertion. as well as several vintage Saab experts. who have verified that this is in fact the case. I am not an expert on this model year. and I can not personally verify this information either way. It is not my intention to be deceptive nor misleading.
2. The undercarriage does have some rust. including one area on the front passenger floor which needs repair. or the pan may be replaced. It is fair to report there is a decent amount of rust on the pan. but I am told the sills. rockers. joints. etc. are fine. so any work needed regarding rust should likely be focused on the pan. Again. I am not an expert. and I'm simply attempting to provide an honest assessment based on what I've heard from the garage and experts.
3. As advertised. the car technically starts. It started up and ran at the garage when I had it transported there. The engine seems fine. Currently. however. the garage informed me the carburetor needs the maintenance described above in order to hold running status on its own. and it needs a battery replacement.
4. Please feel free to contact me via eBay with questions. If you intend to contact J&B Imports directly. please be a very serious buyer. and please *only* speak with Bud Clark. He is the expert on these models at J&B and the car was under his care. The garage has received quite a few calls regarding this vehicle. and I would like to minimize the hassle for them. Thank you.
5. It has been brought to my attention by someone who has not seen the car that it's theoretically possible the seats might be imitation leather. rather than actual leather. I have no way to confirm at the moment. but either way. the seats are in nearly flawless. top-notch condition.
6. I've been told by another expert who has seen the vehicle that there's been one matching repaint at some point in the past 46 years. There are some paint blisters on the lower part of the driver's door. Please see photos.
7. The car has been stored in an indoor. climate-controlled space during the past four years I've owned it.
8. The title is clear but might not be on hand by the end of the auction. due to a recent move. I do have DMV paperwork to prove I own the car. and Form 227 can serve as the legal title transfer. For nervous bidders. I am happy to verify ownership. identity and clear title with DMV in person or on your conference call to them for the winning bidder.
9. Please only bid if you are prepared to win!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Saab cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £4,995.00SAAB 900 TURBO CONVERTIBLE 1987
price: $3,500.001973 Saab Other
price: $3,600.00Ford : Fairlane wagon
price: $20,100.00Ford : F-450 Lariat super crew
|1973 Saab Sonett||14||$US $2,550.00|
|1973 Saab Sonett 97||12||$US $1,000.00|
|1970 Saab 9 6||21||$4,500.00|
|1988 Saab 900 convertible||1||$US $350.00|
|1962 Other "Bullnose" Panel Van 95 "Bullnose" Panel Van||21||$US $9,150.00|
|1988 Saab 900||21||$US $1,526.00|
|1967 Saab 96||19||$US $900.00|
|1988 Saab 900 S||18||$3,300.00|
|1988 Saab 900 2dr Coupe Convertible||21||$4,950.00|
|1965 Saab 96||13||$US $700.00|
|1971 Saab 96||14||$US $600.00|
|1968 Saab Other||7||$US $2,026.00|
|1979 Saab 900||2||$6,800.00|
|1968 Saab Sonett||17||$US $997.00|
|1973 Saab Sonett||14||$US $6,000.00|
|1988 Saab 900||21||$US $1,175.00|
|1967 Saab 96||9||$16,500.00|
|1968 Saab Sonett||12||$US $11,100.00|
|1988 Saab 900||9||$US $1,410.00|
|1979 Saab 900||2||$6,800.00|