Ginetta was founded in Woodbridge. Suffolk in 1958 by the four Walklett brothers (Bob. Ivor. Trevers and Douglas) and has always specialised in producing dual purpose road and race cars using lightweight GRP bodywork. tubular space-frame chassis and proprietary engines. Of the four brothers. Trevers was mainly responsible for styling. Ivor for engineering. Douglas management and Bob sales. The first car. not destined for production. which subsequently became known as the Ginetta G1. was based on a pre-war Wolseley Hornet. The first production car. the G2. was produced as a kit for enthusiasts and consisted of a tubular frame chassis to take Ford components and aluminium body. About 100 were made. The G3 was introduced with glass fibre body in 1959 to be followed by the G4 in 1961. The G4 was first designed to be powered by the Coventry Climax 750cc engine. however. this was never produced commercially. so the new Ford 105E engine was used. The car had a glass fibre GT style body and the suspension was updated to coil springing at the front with Ford live axle at the rear. Whereas the G2 and G3 had been designed for competition the G4 was usable as an everyday car but still proved very competitive in motor sport with numerous successes. The G4 was aimed specifically at the club racer who wanted a cost effective weekday road car and a competitive racer at the weekend. Over 500 were made up to 1969 with a variety of Ford engines. Much respected on the competition circuit. Ginettas have clocked up numerous wins on tracks all around the world and continue to enjoy a lively competition scene being eligible for many race series. This G4/4 S4 was first registered in July 1995 although IT had in fact started being built in the 1980s. The file of paperwork with the car gives a fairly comprehensive history of how the car came together. The body was purchased from Ginetta Cars Ltd in Witham. Essex. in 1983. shortly before the engine. gearbox and prop shaft. These were originally from a 1970's 2-litre Cortina. The engine was rebuilt and rebored and over the next year or so. more pieces of the jigsaw were added. A number of bills over the next 10 years suggest it was probably used on the circuit rather than the road. until it was registered on its current Q plate in 1995. This is a very rare chance to buy a g4 s4 as there are none for sale or any that have sold in recent times it is very hard to put a price on it with original 60s/70s g4s selling for over 40k we are looking for offers over 10k .