Triumph TR5 PI / 1968 / UK RHD / Overdrive / Fully Restored & Mint!
Sale price: £37,995.00 make an offer
Last update: 18.03.2014
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Drive side:||Right-hand drive|
|In-Car Audio:||Premium Sound System|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Triumph TR5 PI / 1968 / UK RHD / Overdrive / Fully Restored & Mint! for sale
Triumph TR5 PI / 1968 / UK RHD / Overdrive / Fully Restored & Mint!
The accompanying Heritage Trust certificate states that this exceptional example was manufactured on 5th June 1968 & dispatched to the supplying dealer ‘Greenwich Automobiles Ltd'. Greenwich. London. SE10 on 28th June 1968. It confirms this stunning TR5 PI is a matching numbers UK home market example. originally finished in the best colour combination of Royal Blue with black trim. Current numbers match that of the Heritage certificate & it was fitted with overdrive. a heater & Michelin tyres. The original registration mark as currently worn. was issued by the supplying dealer on 3rd July 1968!
The car is showing 2. 00 miles & underwent a full comprehensive engine rebuild along with the gear box in 2012 & a full body off chassis rebuild by Rees Brothers in 1991. with nominal mileage covered since & would appear to have always been garaged through out its life to date as it presents beautifully in every respect. It's is a credit to the attention to detail of the current United States based owner. whom we previously sold it too & now that it has served the purpose he bought it for. span > we are offering it back to the market for the second time.
The previous long term UK club member owner. whom was the 8th registered keeper shown on the V5C (The complete DVLA ownership log is also provided with a copy of the original log book) & a regular at TR club rallies & events. He was a true enthusiast of the marquee & only parted with this cherished vehicle due to lack of use.
Finished in Royal Blue paintwork with a black leather interior & matching black carpets with a walnut dash. The vehicle has an excellent blue mohair hood & is supplied with a black piped white hood cover to match the interior. As new chrome wire wheels finish off this most desirable specification which are shod in as new quality Yokohama tyres.
The vehicle is fitted with working overdrive in 2nd. 3rd & 4th gears & the Triumph engine is the standard 2498cc unit with excellent pressure following its recent rebuild along with a new clutch unit fitted.
We have examined the structure & floor sections on our ramps & can confirm this car looks incredibly straight & honest with no hidden issues that we can uncover – And we do try! It's exceptionally well finished indeed & an undercarriage to be proud of. It's a real credit to Rees Brothers workmanship & the diligent care & attention its owners have lavished on it since.
The full engine & gearbox rebuild was completed on 9th February 2012 by a specialist & club member at the cost of £3131. 74. The works included: Engine & box removed from vehicle. crankshaft regrinded. new crankshaft bearings. shells. trust washers. setting up crankshaft end float. new oil pump. new uprated timing gear. new chain set. new gaskets. new seals. new oil pressure release valve & spring. New oil pressure switch. new cylinder head blank & washer. valve clearances reset. new manifold flange studs. new crankshaft spigot bearing. complete engine clean whist stripped. new AP racing full clutch assembly. new gearbox tail shaft oil seal. new 1st motion. shaft oil seal & housing gasket. clutch fork bushes. fork pin. clean & detail engine & box & refit. new gear lever springs & plunger. refit the interior back. new gear box & engine oil. refilled antifreeze for cooling system. new plugs. points. air filter. set up ignition system. balanced throttle flaps. new windscreen washer pump. new fuel return pipe. new rear wheel cylinders. new brake shoes & adjust. All works itemised & receipted on accompanying invoice in the history file.
Rees Bros of Aldershot Hants conducted a full body off chassis rebuild. including the suspension. engine. transmission. body work. paintwork & retrim completing on 12th July 1991 to a very high standard (Their words. not mine!) which was fully itemised and again receipted in the history file costing £9. 08. 31. The vehicle was valued at £20K on completion. The works included in brief: Strip & remove body from chassis. strip & recon or replace suspension. body noted to be in very good shape except for the O/S door. wing & scuttle. Replace these items. shot blast bare chassis & repaint on jig. spray chassis. refit suspension. spray body to a high standard & refit. fit vehicle up with the following new parts. all bushes. door skin. rebound buffers. suspension kit. wheel bearings. trunions. hand brake cable. wheel cylinders. calliper kit & pistons. recon diff. brake piping. shocks. links. brake hoses. master cylinder. clutch. seals. pedal box. pumps & hoses. gaskets. screen seals. mouldings. rad. springs. bearings. plate. bumpers & overriders. coil. switches. pipes. cables. gaiter. bolts & washers. spacers. beading etc with a fresh MOT & comprehensive test on completion.
Since the above works in 1991 Rees Bros have also fitted a new carpet set. full trim kit set. chrome wire wheels. tyres. stereo & aerial.
The previous long term owner along with the full engine & gear box rebuild has fitted a Lucas drilled brake set. high performance starter motor. cooling kit. anti roll bar. Koni damper set (2011). new rad in 2010. new manifold in 2008. new wire wheels. spinners etc from TRGB . new blue quality hood set inc all associated fitments from TRGB at £914. 22 in 2007. New clutch. master cylinder. slave cylinder & pipes etc supplied again from TRGB in 2006. new braking system – callipers. discs. pipes. hoses. mintex pads & steering rack.
We have recently further enhanced this vehicle to bring to show standard by conducting an external paint work refinishing exercise. We also stripped & repainted the boot void complete. including the inner face of the boot lid & black frame. naturally we removed all opening panels from the vehicle adjusted & lined up to achieve best fit. whilst the doors were off the vehicle we prepared & painted all door shuts & returns. machine polished the complete vehicle including the engine bay & boot. fully detailed the engine bay. detailed the boot area. our chromer has rebuffed all chrome work so it presents as new. we chemically hand cleaned the vehicle underside. fitted new period number plates. chrome tyre valve caps. new chrome ariel. new rubbers. new chrome fuel filler cap. rad cap. rad expansion bottle. cap & pipe. dashboard crash pad. decal kit. tax disc holder. keyring. along with a full service. oil. NGK plugs. oil filter. air filter. fuel filter. fuel pipe. points. condenser. high performance HT leads & matching red coil. full tune with set up & test. Adjusted the steering geometry & brakes. Fitted a new Excide battery. full MOT. PDI & test drive…
The vehicle comes complete with an impressive & comprehensive history file containing. V5C. Past V5C's. Past tax disc. Heritage certificate. Fresh HPI report (Clear). Current MOT. 16 past MOT's dating back to 1993. DVLA complete ownership history inc copy of original log book. 59 Invoices for parts & works carried out demonstrating diligent maintenance regardless of cost dating back to 1994. Parts details. TR5 workshop manual. TR5 hand book. previous Rees Bros sales invoice….
Excellent chrome wire wheels shod in as new matching Yokohama tyres along with a rawhide mallet for those chrome spinners. jack & brace etc.
Heritage certificate accompanies the vehicle.
Current MOT with NO advisories.
Historic (Free) Road Tax.
New black leather interior piped white (The original seats are available on request & are in good condition); matching black door cards & carpet set. matching black piped white hood cover.
Mota Lita leather bound steering wheel.
Stainless steel exhaust fitted (Original style).
Full inertia seat belts fitted.
Luggage rack fitted.
Stereo system with CD. radio & ipod connection fitted with a new ariel.
Sat nav connector fitted for those European tours.
Wind deflector fitted.
2No. sets of keys are present with Triumph key ring & tax disc holder.
The vehicle is on the button and ready for those European tours. rallies or car shows. It is a great driving TR5. has proved reliable and feels much faster than its 2498cc engine suggests. It is also well detailed in regards the body. engine bay. undercarriage & boot…. It will not disappoint & is finished in the most popular colour combination.
Other stock also includes:
1) MGB Roadster UK / RHD. 1971. fully restored & mint condition. overdrive. finished in BRG with new black leather interior piped green with matching full boot carpet set. wire wheels. span > detailed engine bay with rebuilt original engine. offered @ £11. 95.
2) Fiat 500 Furgoncino (Van). LHD. 1973 Tax exempt. finished in green with fresh black interior. structurally excellent. restored by expert. including rebuilt original 499cc engine costing 2800Euros alone. ASI car owned by club member. low Italian owners. awaiting UK registration. We can paint this unique vehicle any colour you want & to concours standard if required. The only one for sale in Europe & possibly the world! - Find another. we cant! - Superb unique investment opportunity @ £15. 95.
3) Fiat 500D (Not mine!). LHD. 1963. finished in light blue with a red / white interior. suicide doors. full length new sunroof. fully detailed under carriage finished in the body colour with all new suspension components etc. detailed boot area & engine bay with fresh engine (500kms travelled). (Vehicle is currently fitted with a freshly rebuilt 499cc motor & syncro box. but comes complete with the original 476cc motor & crash gear box). restored in Modena by 500 expert 3 years ago to perfection at a cost of 13. 00 euros as the owners retirement gift to himself & as noted only travelled 500 kms since. this is the best you will ever get & as new. fresh MOT. even has the wicker hamper on the boot rack. exceptional ‘concours' condition. in a fantastic period colour combination & what a cheap investment @ £15. 95.
4) Fiat 600D Multipla Taxi. LHD. 1964. the original Italian Taxi & people carrier. this example even has the original taxi sign & meter fitted. with period correct roof rack & period luggage! Finished in black over dark green (The original taxi colours!) with matching green wheels & white walls. Tan piped cream fresh interior. 6 seat taxi configuration. fully restored (structurally amazing). including rebuilt original motor by Italian owner 2 years ago to show standard & used at club events. winning many prizes. All documented in extensive photographic history file. Time warp & a superb investment opportunity – Can you find another @ £POA.
5) Fiat 500F Giardiniera ‘Estate'. LHD. 1977. finished in period dark blue with a new tan interior & matching coloured wheels. Undergone full bare shell restoration in Italy 7 years ago with new floors & cills. detailed rebuilt engine & bay. only travelled 2500KM since. original docs. excellent condition & what a good investment @ £8. 95. Due in shortly - Find another as good for the price asked!
6) Fiat 500F. LHD. 1969. finished in baby blue with a new full white interior. freshly restored with a detailed engine bay & boot area. body coloured underside. stunning period colour combination. even has the wicker hamper basket on the new period boot rack! Mint & a superb investment at £8. 95 - Due in shortly!
As we are a Mercedes Pagoda and R107 specialist we are always happy to part exchange one of these type of cars or indeed any classic car of excellent quality. so please don't miss this most fastidious example of the iconic Triumph TR5. This vehicle is exceptional value & a great driving example. try & find another as well restored – Please remember ‘you get what you pay for'.
More photos available upon request. PX always considered.
Can be viewed at any reasonable time by prior appointment.
We will always buy back cars we have previously sold…
Delivery by road. or packed and shipped. or air freight all possible by arrangement at excellent rates. car is ready to drive away today or be delivered to your door…
We are always keen to purchase Mercedes Benz Pagoda's (W113) or late 300SL (R107) models. so please give us a call for a friendly chat if you are considering selling. we would love to hear from you. We also hold many parts in stock for the above models & have our own restoration facilities. where we restore these glorious old Mercedes to Stuttgart factory standards.
Call or text: 07810 455345
Or email: enquiries@signatureautomobiles. co. uk
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £4,250.00Triumph (Grinnal) TR8
price: $8,500.00Triumph : TR-6 Convertible
price: £11,500.00triumph tr6 1969 project.
price: $14,000.001974 Triumph Spitfire 1500
|1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500||4||$14,995.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||4||$37,995.00|
|1963 Triumph TR4||4||$14,995.00|
|1961 Triumph TR3||12||$12,750.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire --||21||$8,950.00|
|1974 Triumph Spitfire||12||$US $450.00|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire||1||$13,987.00|
|1961 Triumph TR3||15||$US $13,000.00|
|1957 Triumph TR3||13||$35,000.00|
|1972 Triumph Stag||8||$US $8,000.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||12||$15,000.00|
|1973 Triumph TR-6||21||$18,990.00|
|1973 Triumph TR-6||15||$10,000.00|
|1970 Triumph TR-6||15||$9,000.00|
|1967 Triumph TR4A IRS||21||$US $10,200.00|
|1960 Triumph Other||11||$34,900.00|
|Triumph 2500 and 2500S. Manual and autos WRECKING WRECKING WRECKING||11||$950.00|
|1976 Replica/Kit Makes||15||$8,500.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||18||$US $10,000.00|
|1977 Triumph Spitfire||4||$US $2,000.00|