1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3
Sale price: $7,600.00 make an offer
Last update: 16.01.2014
Pending offersDate: 2014-11-06
Benjamin Herz (from Berlin in Germany) offered 1 usd
Anthony Smith (from cochrane Canada) offered $3000 usd
Martin (from Albany, California, U.S.A.) offered 5000.00 usd
M Hetzler (from North Carolina, US) offered 7600.00 usd
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||Gunmetal Metallic Gray|
|Transmission:||4 Speed with overdrive|
|Trim:||Mk3 1300 with Overdrive|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3 for sale
Current customer rating: (190 votes) based on
Every single inch of this car has been gone through:
1. Engine - 1300 motor. with new rings. bearings. thrust washers. and reconditioned head to use unleaded gas. Converted to a GM alternator. also has Pertronix electronic ignition. Weber DGV carb with electric choke. pace setter header and free flow exhaust. Hotter camshaft and new lifters along with new timing chain and gears.
2. Drive train - overdrive trans with new filter. new oil in trans. new clutch. new u-joints. lowered front springs and lowering block in rear. new shocks. new brakes (rotors. drums. pads. lines. and rubber hoses). brand new tires and complete alignment.
3. Interior - newly upholstered seats with new foam. new carpet. new dash. rebuilt gauges. new Bluetooth stereo and speakers. new convertible top and boot cover. new glove boxes.
4. Exterior - not show car quality. but extremely nice driver. Car is 45 years old! Color is gun metal metallic grey. Base coat / clear coat paint job. New chrome bumpers all around. and early 1962 hood (I just like the early signal light configuration).
5. Frame is 100% straight and rust free. New floors were pretty much all that needed to be replaced as far as rust goes. I have photo documentation of the entire restoration process.
6. Electrical - everything works. every light. overdrive. horn. signal lights. heater. etc.
I built this car for my wife. but she likes our MGB better. so this one will need to go. HOWEVER. I am not in any hurry to sell. and if I don't get my minimum asking price. I will just keep it. Almost 20k invested in the car. but my bottom line price is well below that - I get that I won't get my money back. but I also know the value of the car.
Email me with questions - more pics available on request.
$500 deposit due thru pay pal at end of auction. Balance due in cash or certified check only. Funds must clear before car is released. Local pick up preferred. Shipping is buyers responsibility.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from M Hetzler, dated 10 october 2015
Sir, interested in making and offer, please advise if this vehicle is still available...
from M Hetzler, dated 04 september 2015
Sir, Is this Spitfire still available, very interested and would like to discuss and field further questions on the vehicle and your history with it.
Thank you, respectfully, M Hetzler.
from Martin, dated 03 july 2015
In order for me to make a solid bid I would need to know approximately where the car is located in case I need to hire transport for it.
from Patrick Rojewski, dated 04 june 2015
Is the car still for sale?
from Benjamin Herz, dated 06 november 2014
your car looks great.
Where is the car located?
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $14,937.001968 Triumph TR 250
price: £6,800.001975 TRIUMPH STAG AUTO WHITE, READY TO ENJOY, LOVELY CONDITION
price: £3,350.001973 Mk3 GT6, with overdrive.
price: $3,400.001973 Triumph Spitfire
|Triumph: Spitfire MARK IV | eBay||12||$5,250.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6 | eBay||21||$5,900.00|
|Triumph: Spitfire MARK IV||12||$C $20.50|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500||4||$14,995.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6 N/A||12||$33,995.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||4||$24,995.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||4||$24,995.00|
|1973 Triumph TR 6 N/A||12||$19,595.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||12||$US $6,600.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||10||$5,000.00|
|1970 Triumph Spitfire Spitfire||9||$6,800.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||12||$US $510.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||5||$4,000.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||11||$26,500.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire Spit Six||21||$US $1,000.00|
|1960 Triumph TR3 Convertible||4||$24,900.00|
|1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500||21||$US $4,500.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6 Great driver! NO RUST! Previously owned by an airc||12||$US $8,000.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||12||$US $5,200.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||21||$US $6,500.00|