Red MG 1972 Roadster
Sale price: £5,555.55 make an offer
Last update: 30.09.2013
Technical specifications, photos and description:
This is the report from the previous owner (I have taken the car as a part exchange on a more expensive vehicle and now need to sell it) The previous owner is prepared to further speak with the prospective purchaser should the purchaser so request. This is how confident I am with this car. This is definitely "the one" you have been searching for.
"The car was fully restored in the 1990s (I have a large number of photographs showing the full extent of the work) and again restored after I bought the car in 2003 with a full body respray and engine overhaul.
There is so much to list but I have tried to be as comprehensive as I can:
· Leather seats in black with headrests
· Black rubber mats with MG Logo
· Sony Radio/cassette stereo system with 10 cd changer unit and 4 Pioneer speakers
· Full Burr wooden dashboard
· Modified centre console with burr wood and incorporating: Smiths magnolia faced clock; Smiths vacuum gauge; Smiths battery indicator; chrome interior light; cigarette lighter; switch & light for rear fog light. I have the original if it is preferred.
Burr walnut armrest
· Wooden gear knob
· Moto Lita wooden steering wheel
· Chrome gaiter holder
· Chrome ashtray
· Chrome ventilators
· Sun visors (very slight split on one seam)
· Burr walnut door cappings
· Burr walnut door pulls
· Burr walnut door opener surrounds
· Chrome door openers
· Chrome window winders
· New seatbelts
· Black carpets with red trim
Sound deadening pads
· Fire extinguisher
Exterior/Brightwork and Chrome:
· Chrome air intake with mesh
Chrome windscreen wipers
· Chrome window washer jets
· Chrome badge bar
· Period AA Badge
· Period RAC badge
· Chrome fitted GB rear badge
· Chrome fitted enamel Wing GB badges
· Chrome/glass period fog light
· Chrome reverse light surrounds
· Chrome period luggage rack
Chrome side strips
· Chrome fitted stone guards
· Four badged mud flaps
· Chrome 72 spoke wire wheels including spare and spinners
· Chrome number plate surrounds
· Chrome grill
· Chrome locking petrol cap
· Full hood with refurbished frame and new windows
· Chrome tail pipe
· Chromed sill inserts
Fully chromed air filter covers (very very rare)
· Stainless steel oil pipes
· Chrome rocker cover and cap
· Chrome return pipe
· Chrome SU covers
· Chrome distributor holder
· Chrome water bottle holder
· Chrome fuse box holder
· New chrome radiator surround bolts
· Chrome coloured pedal box cover
· Chrome coloured blanking cover
· Stainless steel exhaust system
· New twin tone horns
· Battery cut off switch
Chrome battery holders
· Under bonnet insulation
· Two new 6v batteries
Boot & Extras:
· Full boot carpet set including spare wheel cover
· Original jack & case
· New wire wheel spanner and copper head hammer
· CD 10 disc change unit by Sony
· Full tonneau cover with head pockets
· Large folder of history plus receipts. MOTs and tax discs
· Some photographic history
· Full wire wheel conversion
· Full red MG dust cover with matching bag
· Original owners handbook
· Tax exempt
This car is FULLY loaded with EVERY possible extra that I could think of.
· The car was fully stripped and resprayed about 8 years ago and is always garaged and only ever taken out when the sun is shining. It has covered no more than about 400 miles in the last three years.
· The car is regularly serviced by RW Services who are an MG specialist and no expense whatever has ever been spared on her.
· The mileage is totally original and has covered a total of about 58. 00 miles since new in 1972.
She is an absolute pleasure to drive"
The above statement is from the previous owner who has owned the vehicle for some 10 years.
And who truly loved the car. He states in his description the mileage which is now circa 60. 00 miles is genuine. Whilst we know the previous owner I cannot and do not warrant the mileage despite assurances. nor do I warrant the condition of the vehicle whatsoever. This car as lovely as it is. is a classic car. and some 40 years old.
However I invite any professional inspection. The car drives extremely well with overdrive in third and fourth gears. I have driven the car some 100+ miles and it drives as it should in all respects.
If you are looking for an MGB classic Roadster. then you really should take a look.
The car is in Oxfordshire. Please make an appointment to inspect via the ebay messaging service.
Thankyou for your interest.
£500 to be paid within 2 hours of end of auction. Balance of Payment in cash prior to or at collection. Collection must be within 7 days of listing end. Cheques not accepted.
On 23-Sep-13 at 12:33:24 BST. seller added the following information:
More photos were added on the 23rd September. specifically interior dash. boot area. engine. I have many more photos available but no room to place in the listing. please let me know if you would like more photos of any specifics.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,995.00MG/ MGF B
price: £4,995.001964 MG MIDGET MK2 - BRITISH RACING GREEN - LEATHER SEATS, MOHAIR HOOD, NEW MOT
price: $US $6,400.001958 MG MGA MGA
price: £4,495.00MGB GT coupe 1978 damask red in great original condition with sensible mods
|1955 MG TF||12||$22,750.00|
|1962 MG MGA MKII||12||$24,995.00|
|1923 MG Other||13||$US $15,000.00|
|1978 MG Midget||19||$US $2,500.00|
|1978 MG MGB||13||$1,000.00|
|1961 MG MGA||21||$US $10,300.00|
|1967 MG Other||5||$5,000.00|
|1980 MG MGB||17||$US $1,033.00|
|1964 MG MGB||21||$22,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB roadster||21||$US $1,500.00|
|1966 MG MGB||19||$24,990.00|
|1971 MG Other||21||$US $3,000.00|
|1970 MG MGB GT||16||$14,750.00|
|1972 MG MGB Roadster||21||$US $3,750.00|
|1978 MG MGB||13||$US $700.00|
|1979 MG MGB||21||$4,000.00|
|1975 MG MGB Bracken Autumn Leaf/Black||21||$9,900.00|
|1971 MG MGB||21||$US $500.00|
|1974 MG MGB Gb||19||$6,900.00|
|1977 MG MGB||21||$6,800.00|