1951 MG TD
Sale price: $US $5,600.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1951 MG TD for sale
This auction is for (2) 1952 MG TD's ( 1- Black. 1- Green)
These have been in storage for the past 35+ yrs and just recently removed from my parents barn and listed for sale. How you seem them is basically how they came out of storage with just the 35+ yrs of dust blown off. Both vehicles were purchased in the early 70's with the intention of restoring them.
I will explain them to the best of my ability.
1951 MG TD - Black vehicle
This is an early 1951 MG TD with SOLID wheels. The car from what I have been told is mostly original. The previous owner took off the bumpers and added a side air scoop that would need to be removed and the side hood repaired. This vehicle has the expected dents. dings and slight rust issues along the lower edge of the body directly below the doors and where the running boards meet attach to the body. All of these items can be seen in the images below. The chassis seems to be in good condition. some surface rust. but doesn't look to have any major rot. I have not put the car on a lift so this is all from me just sticking my head underneath. Top is in great condition. no rips or tears in fabric. Seats are in good condisiton. Drivers side has a few slits from age but otherwise no other rips or tears but would need to be redone. The engine turns over and the tires are free. There is a clear title for this car. It's a good original vehicle to start a restoration with.
1951 MG TD - Green vehicle
This is the worst of the two and I would consider this to be a parts car.
At some point prior to my parents purchasing this vehicle the front end got damaged. The front of the frame was bent and a replacement piece was purchased but never grafted in. You will see the damage and the replacement piece in the pics below. I do not know if any other areas of the frame were damaged or bent in any other areas. It looks to be fine but that is just my opinion. The body does have rust/rot issues along lower edge of the body below the doors and the interior wood floor has holes as well. These areas can be seen in the pics below.
Original parts for the green vehicle that are not on the car but come with it are:
- (2) original green doors: Both in really good condition. no rust or rot. Interior wood pieces are intact and look to be in good condition.
- original green gas tank: loks to be in real good condition. no rust/rot. complete.
- rear green splash panel: in real good condition. No rust/rot. Just needs to be refinished.
- (1) original green fender - drivers side: this has damage on the top of the fender where the front headlights attach. Dents along the front edge of the fender. besides those areas. no rust/rot.
- (1) NON-original to the car front fender - passenger side: this is an original factory MG metal fender we bought to replace the damaged one on this vehicle. Top of fender where the headlight attaches to the fender needs to be repaired. Otherwise the rest is just surface rust and the rest of the fender is in real good shape.
- rear tire frame: really good condition. No dents. rust or rot.
"OTHER" parts that are part of this auction
- (6) spare NON-Solid wheels: these are all in really good shape. Just a few have very small dents along outer edges.
- Dark green hood: Original in really good condition. No rust or rot. some small dents and dings.
- Red Hood: Original. in really good condition. No rust or rot. some small dents and dings.
- original radiator: don't know if there are any holes or not.
- (2) radiator grill shells: 1-with red grill slats in really good shape. 1-with black grill slates needs to have side attachment flange welded back on and repaired in some areas. Both grills need to be rechromed.
- boxes or Misc. parts
these vehicles will be sold AS IS. I will NOT sell these separately and will not part out. Please ask any questions before you bid.
Winning bidder owes a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $500 within 2-days (48hrs) of auction end. Remaining amount to be paid via certified bank check or cash due at time of pickup. Vehicles to be picked up within 1-week of end of auction unless other arrangements are made.
vehicles are for sale locally and I reserve the right to end the acution early if they sell.
Feel free to call with any questions or to set up a time to view the vehicles. 216-577-2451 9:00am-9:00pm EST.
I do have additional images that I could send if interested. Please just ask.
I have done my best to describe these vehicles as accurately as possible. You are bidding on projects vehicles and if winning bidder you are buying in "AS IS" condition.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $5250MGB Historic Race CAR SB Category NO Engine in Melbourne, VIC
price: $10,500.001976 MG MGB
price: £4,750.00MG B Roadster...blaze orange..superb bodywork with leather interior. Overdrive.
price: £6,995.00MGB ROADSTER 1977 BLACK (FULL REPAINT SEPT 2013) NEW BLACK INTERIOR - STUNNING
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|