Ultra low mileage classic Alfa Romeo Spider S4 RHD, Not MG/TR/E type/MX2/Porsche
Sale price: £3,800.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Drive side:||Right-hand drive|
|Interior/Comfort Options:||Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Windows|
|In-Car Audio:||CD Player|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Ultra low mileage classic Alfa Romeo Spider S4 RHD, Not MG/TR/E type/MX2/Porsche for sale
Alfa Romeo Spider Series 4 - Right hand drive and low mileage (20. 20 miles/33. 00 km)
This is a really beautiful car. which I have owned for almost 10 years now (the previous owner bought it in August 1995 when it had 12. 60km)). I have finally decided that. given the minimal amount of miles (circa 300 miles pa) that I am doing that I may as well as sell it. It is in great condition. as it only ventures out on dry days and spent much of its life in either a garage or under cover. I had a very thorough look over the bodywork done when I first got it (2003) by an Alfa expert. which confirmed it was rust free. I then had it professionally wax oiled by an Alfa expert (filled up for a couple of days then left to drain) and it has not had any winter use nor much use other than on dry days. So it has super solid bodywork and will stay that way if looked after. So no unlike many Alfas or MGs. you won't have to worry about those nasty little paint bobbles appearing
It has a genuine 33. 00 kilometres (20. 40 miles at 29/7/13). It has done about 3000 miles since I bought in 2003. I have MOTs going all the way back to 1995 (see below) and it has a good service history going back to July 1991. although it hasn't needed anything since. given its very low mileage (save for occasional oil changes and new tyres) after the initial work I had done to replace the soft top. wax oil etc.
This has to be one of the most inexpensive classic cars to own and I hope it will continue to be if well looked after
Original Verdi green paintwork. which is still bright
Right hand drive conversion. as per all S4s
Speedo in KM
Matching factory hard top (these are apparently worth £650 alone).
Tourneau cover (although no idea how it fits)
The soft top is in really excellent condition - really tight fit and not faded. which I had fitted.
The seats arent split like many S4s
I have a fairly extensive history file going back to July 1991. as well as log books. Here is the MOT history back to 1995
March 1995 11. 51 km
March 1996 13. 47 km
March 1997 15. 09 km
Feb 1998 17. 33 km
May 1998 17. 97 km
May 1999 19. 18 km
May 2000 22. 21 km
May 2001 25. 55 km
May 2002 28. 26 km
July 2003 29. 79 km
July 2004 30. 85 km
Oct 2005 31. 27 km
Oct 2006 31. 61 km
Oct 2007 32. 26 km
Oct 2008 32. 07 km
Oct 2009 32. 40 km
Oct 2010 33. 52 km
2011 – Didn't bother with MOT that year
June 2012 33. 81 km
June 2013 33. 86 km
Just MoT'd in June 2013 - sailed through as usual. Car is taxed to Dec 13.
Picky things - As expected with there always things despite the very low mileage. as this car is 22 years old and are not untypical of vehicles this age:
- The paint work whilst in good condition has a number of slight scratches and minor scuffs (a few with a minor bit of touch up done on the more noticeable ones). but you have to get close up. but this is the original paintwork and demonstrates how un-messed around with this car is. It possibly has the odd minor dent from doors being opened against it. The best way is to see the car for yourself.
- First gear is inclined to grab. if not gently putting into gear. I am told this relates to the car's lack of use. so it may improve with time. but again it hasn't been an issue for me and is just a quirk of the car.
- The headlamp units chroming has a few rust spots on the edge. where the original chrome wasnt good enough. These were like this when I got it and are easily replaced. but as this is almost completely hidden by the chrome headlight surrounds. which are fine. I haven't bothered
- The odd screw. clip or bolt or bit of engine casing may be subject to superficial surface corrosion and the odd bit of seal may be missing and the odd alloy wheel parking scuffs. but all normal stuff for a car of this age
- The carpets and mats have some fading and wear and could do with a thorough clean.
- It could probably do with a new battery with time. but the current one works well enough.
- It has an alarm/immobiliser. but I don't use it as I think it needs a new battery in the handheld fob – so treat as not working
- Hardtop vinyl inner liner needs a clean as it has some brown marks on it. it may well come off with the right solvent. Never tried to myself as it isn't a bother.
Please message me with your email address if you want to see more photos. I am also happy to have people look at it before the auction ends on a strictly prior arranged appointment basis.
Only bidders with a minimum of 10 feedbacks at 100%. if not then please message me before bidding.
Listing Revision Note(s)
1/8/13 - - radio/cd fascia now found (so amended picky notes section)! Also please note the tyres are in almost new condition due to the low mileage since they were fitted
1/8/13 - PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CAR IS LISTED FOR SALE OUTSIDE OF THE AUCTION AND SO I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THE AUCTION PRIOR TO THE FINISH DATE
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Alfa Romeo cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £2,690.00Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV Classic Car RHD Right Hand Drive
price: £2,495.001997 (P) Alfa Romeo 164 3.0 V6 Cloverleaf, manual
price: £7,100.001978 ALFA ROMEO 2000 SPIDER VELOCE BLUE
price: £5,000.00trg 575y