1961 Triumph TR3 Roadster
Sale price: $21,477.00 make an offer
Last update: 12.07.2013
Price trends for this listing:
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1961 Triumph TR3 Roadster for sale
1961 Triumph TR3 Roadster
The Triumph TR3 is a sports car produced between 1955 and 1962 by Standard-Triumph in England. The facelifted variant. popularly but unofficially known as the TR3A. entered production in 1957 and the final version. unofficially the TR3B. was produced in 1962.
The car was powered by a 1991 cc straight-4 OHV engine initially producing 95 bhp (71 kW; 96 PS) . n increase of 5 hp over the TR2 thanks to the larger SU-H6 carburators fitted. This was later increased to 100 bhp at 5000 rpm by the addition of a "high port" cylinder head and enlarged manifold. The four-speed manual gearbox could be supplemented by an overdrive unit on the top three ratios. electrically operated and controlled by a switch on the dash. In 1956 the front brakes were changed from drums to discs. the TR3 thus becoming the first series production car to be so fitted.
The suspension was by double A-arms. manganese bronze trunnion. coil springs and tube shocks at the front. optional anti-roll bar. and with worm and peg steering. Unlike MGs of the same period. the steering mechanism and linkage had considerable play and friction. which increased with wear.
The rear was conventional leaf springs. with solid axle and lever arm dampers. except that the (box) frame rails were slung under the axle. The wheels were 15-inches in diameter and 4. 5 inches wide (increased from 4 inches after the first few TR2s). with 48-spoke wire wheels optional. Wire wheels were usually painted. either body colour or Argent (silver). but matt chrome and bright chrome were also available. The front disc or drum brakes and rear drums had no servo assistance.
The TR3's weight was significantly more than the Morgan Plus Four and the 356 Porsches. but not much more than the MGA and MGB. All except the Morgan. which shared the same engine. were substantially less powerful.
Our TR3 had an exceptional concours quality restoration started and nearly completed. It has outstanding paint and detail work. It needs very minor upholstery and detailing to be a national prize winner. It is amazingly nice cosmetically and an exceptional driver. It was owned by an enthusiast for decades. It is a rare and desirable color. This TR3 is one of the nicest examples available anywhere at any price.
Please call. 206-467-6531 if you have any questions!
Exact Mileage Unknown.
Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
808 Lenora St. Seattle. WA 98121
Tel: (206) 467-6531 Fax: 206-467-6532
"We covet the rare and unusual. whether pedigreed or proletarian".
Thanks for your interest. In fairness to all Bidders. reserves are held in confidence until after the end of the auction. We are more than happy to help make the appropriate shipping arrangements and help arrange financing. Buyer will be responsible for his own Licensing Requirements in state of residence. Washington State retail buyers will pay required 9. 8% sales tax. title transfer. and registration fees. Buyer can inspect vehicle at our premises on weekdays. so send your representative early to be sure you don't miss this one. Seller reserves the right to cancel your bid if you have any negative feedback. DEALERS ARE WELCOME TO BID! Please call Seller with all of your questions prior to bidding at 206-467-6531! We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction early. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation. Winning Bidder must confirm his winning bid with a minimum non-refundable deposit of a $1. 00 or 10% of sales price. whichever is greater. within 48 hours of Winning Bid. Balance of Purchase Price is due to Seller within 5 days of Winning Bid.
Terms of Sale
1. Please be sure to have all monies (loans or financing approved or in place) before making your final bid. We appreciate your business and want to handle the transaction as smoothly and expeditiously as possible.
2. We accept Certified & Cashier's Checks and Bank transfers in US Dollars only.
3. The deposit is due within 48 hours of end of auction.
4. The balance is due within 5 days of auction closure. If the deposit is not received within 48 hours of the close of auction or if the balance is not paid in full within 5 days following the close of auction. we reserve the right to re-list the vehicle or to sell it to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer. This does not allow you to cancel your contract. and you are still liable for damages if you breach.
5. Our goal is to continue providing quality vehicles. It is important to keep in mind that the vehicles we list are pre-owned. and it is very difficult to describe every small mark on them. As a consequence there may be additional minor wear on the vehicle that is typical of the age. such as minor superficial hairline scratches. small nicks and minor abrasions that are not indicated in this description. These factors will not detract from the overall appearance and value of the vehicle. Minor items such as cigarette lighters. manuals and CD magazines may also be missing.
6. To the best of our knowledge we have indicated any mechanical problems that are present in the description above. However. we are selling the vehicle "as is". without warranty other than any existing factory warranty that may still remain. Please inquire for details. Unless the vehicle has a remaining factory warranty. all sales are "AS-IS" with no warranty stated or implied.
7. eBay may offer some type of warranty. If so. that warranty is separate and independent of Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC.
8. Buyer pays all shipping charges. We ship locally and internationally and will be happy to assist you if you need help finding a shipping company. There are quite a number of vehicle shippers online. Feel free to contact any number of them to get the best rate and service.
9. All bidders understand and agree to the following:
i. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction.
ii. We reserve the right to cancel bids from those with excessive negative feedback.
iii. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation.
10. The State of Washington shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes. Venue shall be exclusively in King County. The final contract signed between both buyer and seller shall be binding. The final signed contract and terms thereof shall govern the sale. All disputes arising out of or relating to this auction. any negotiations. the Signed agreement. or to the breach. enforcement or interpretation thereof. shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Washington. in accordance with the terms contained in the final sale agreement and under the laws of the state of Washington.
Notice to Bidders
1. No bid retractions in the last 24 hours of auction please. If there are bid retractions in the last 24 hours. we may cancel all bids. end the auction early and re-list this vehicle to protect the integrity of the auction process.
2. Remember your obligation as a bidder and eBay Community Member. Don't Bid unless you have the ability and you intend to purchase the vehicle. Bidders must have cash or available financing before bidding on our vehicles.
3. Remember that you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described vehicle from Cosmopolitan Motors. LLC. This is our business and we take it very seriously. Therefore. we reserve the right to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone that intentionally interferes with our auctions or our ability to effectively sell our vehicles.
4. Buyers of automobiles will be charged a $100. 00 documentation processing fee.
5. We respect all of our customers - locally and now nationally and internationally here on eBay. We are happy to make all of our vehicles available for all qualified bidders that are registered in the eBay Community.
6. All items are for sale locally. and we reserve the right to end the auction early in the event the item sells.
Note: Parts of the car descriptions may have come from Wikipedia
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $17,750.00Triumph : TR-6 TR6 TR-6 Triumph convertible
price: £35,000.00TRIUMPH TR3 WHITE
price: £8,100.001974 TRIUMPH STAG AUTO RED
price: £9,300.00TRIUMPH TR4 UK market RHD (Restored)
|Triumph: Stag Convertible two+two Grand Touring. | eBay||12||$13,000.00|
|Triumph TR8 TR7 Rover 3500 fuel injected V8||12||$9,000.00|
|1975 Truimph 2500TC Mk 2||12||$1,500.00|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500||4||$14,995.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||4||$25,995.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||4||$25,995.00|
|1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500||18||$US $1,025.00|
|1970 Triumph Spitfire Spitfire||9||$9,999.00|
|1968 Triumph Spitfire||12||$US $9,500.00|
|1957 Triumph Other||12||$17,000.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6||12||$9,500.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||12||$US $3,000.00|
|1973 Triumph Other convertible serviced and ready to drive today||12||$US $5,000.00|
|1973 Triumph TR-6||19||$9,900.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||21||$US $7,500.00|
|TRIUMPH GT6 1968, Barn find, Race car||11||£3,995.00|
|1968 Triumph Spitfire Base | eBay||12||$9,500.00|
|Triumph Stag Mk 2 1976 - Triumph Manual V8 Delft Blue Soft and hard tops||11||£8,495.00|
|triumph roadster 1800, german classic plate, german mot to 04-2017, need tlc||12||£18,800.00|
|1960 TRIUMPH TR3a GREEN||12||£29,995.00|