Other Makes : MANTIS
Sale price: $15,437.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2015-03-04
donna offered usd
Car location: Toronto, ON, CanadaSale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
=== PROTOTYPE MARCOS MANTIS PLUS RACE CAR ====
=== OVER 20 TIMES AT THE PODIUM ====
=== CONVERTED FOR ROAD USE AS WELL ====
Up for auction is a very special vehicle. Marcos in the UK made about 50 of the road going Mantis. all were right hand drive. all had the older 4. 6 Mustang engines (1997) and were all 5 speeds. Some were converted for racing. most remained as road going cars. A special program involving the owners of Marcos and Eurotech in Holland was created whereas they built about 30 specific race going cars for the Dutch Supercar Challenge that is televised and seen by 80 million people during the racing season. The DSC would race at Spa Francorchamps. Essen. Silverstone. Zandvoort and other famous tracks. Out of the 30 cars made by Eurotech. only 15 of them were left hand drive. Out of the 15. this car was the first and also the most famous. winning the DSC multiple times throughout its 9 year history and with more wins than any other car that ever ran in that circuit.
The special attributes to this car. are as follows:
1. The first Marcos Mantis to be purpose built as a race car in Holland.
2. The first body design (different than the road going ones in the UK) and first body to be made and was the team "SHOW CAR".
3. The first chassis to be modified with side crash bars incorporated into the roll cage for added safety.
4. The most famous of chassis. winning more races than any other car. being on the podium over 20 times.
5. The only Marcos Mantis with an upgraded 4. 6 Romeo Prototype EMDO Quad Cam Engine (still brand new with zero miles).
6. The only 6 speed Marcos Mantis in the world. hosting a Tremec T-56 transmission with special gearing.
The hosts the following:
1. A brand new (still brand new with zero miles) Ford Cobra 4. 6 aluminum block Quad Cam Prototype Engine from EMDO (Fords Prototype Engine Development Division).
2. Tremec T-56 Transmission. with a custom cut and fit bellhousing and flywheel.
3. A special racing BTR Hydratrac. full posi-rear end that can accomodate a dry sump system if you wish (these were plugged so it works like a normal rear end). This was a $10. 00. 00 rear end and is absolutely brand new with zero miles.
4. Full Intrax 4 Way Suspension with pressure cylinders for adjustment and a full set of spare racing springs. This suspension was $4. 00. 00 per corner.
5. Full racing AP Racing calipers with Performance Friction Rotors and pads. Special pads were installed to increase cold braking power as the car has been adjusted for road use. so it stops better.
6. Brand new Dymag. full Magnesium hollowed rims at a cost of almost $4. 00. 00 each. with brand new Continental DWS 295/35/18's on the rear and 235/40/18's on the front. with zero miles.
7. The cockpit is completely custom. triple layered with aluminum. then rubber. then carbon fiber on top.
8. The passenger side has a lowered floor plan to accommodate a passenger seat for road use.
9. Special racing seats that are comfortable. leather and not too deep to drive you crazy getting in and out of the car.
10. Lucas 4 way racing harnesses were chosen for their ease of use. not too wide and easy to get in and out of. green is difficult to find.
11. Hand made custom titanium exhaust. right from the manifold to the tail pipes. Laser 4" tailpipes were added that are beautiful (photos to follow).
The car is comfortable to sit in. easier to get in and out of and was specifically designed for me to enjoy as a road car. If you are taller than 5'11". then it'll be a bit tight for you but the pedal box can be moved forward by 5 inches in 15 minutes if you're taller.
The following things have been done to convert the car for road use:
1. Dropped floor for a passenger seat.
2. Softer springs in the suspension for a more comfortable ride (but they're still very stiff)
3. Custom new headlights that were taken from a giant 25 million dollar photo lab system. these lenses are very expensive.
4. Running lights with signals and fog lamps
5. Windshield wiper
6. Rear brake light switch (so the brake lights come on when braking)
7. All wiring is done for signals. running lights. parking lights. flashing hazards etc.
The car is done. it runs and shifts flawlessly. it's unbelievably fast if you put your foot down but also drives gentle if you want it to.
We are open to reasonable offers or partial trades of particular interest.
We are letting the car go at a fraction of its value. it's a famous car. it's rare. it has beaten Ferrari's. Aston Martins. Vipers and any other car that has challenged it. There is no car capable of beating this Mantis with the right driver behind the wheel.
We will assist the right buyer in shipping. as well as registration. Winning bidder agrees to a $2. 00. 00 Paypal deposit. balance by Wire.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Also published at eBay.ca
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from donna, dated 04 march 2015
Sorry I didn't see this comment box, I asked a question in the offer box..my apologies.
I was wondering how many Marcos were left hand drive cars? And can one easily aquire parts?
from silvano, dated 29 december 2014
i am interesting for your marcos mantis.Silvano from Italy.
Other classic Marcos cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $18,750.001983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN
price: $3,250.00TWINDISC P211 PTO / MARCO DC37 HYDRAULIC PUMP DRIVE
price: £8,200.00MARCOS MARTINA - EXOTIC ICONIC SPORTS CAR - 2 LITRE
price: $15,437.00Other Makes : MANTIS
|1976 Chevrolet Corvette stringray||10||$12,000.00|
|1965 Pontiac Le Mans||21||$US $9,700.00|
|1969 Chevrolet C-10||12||$US $10,095.00|
|1966 Dodge Dart||11||$4,150.00|
|1969 Chevrolet C-10||12||$US $9,000.00|
|1983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$18,750.00|
|1983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$US $11,401.00|
|1969 Porsche 911||15||$US $89,950.00|
|1983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$US $10,700.00|
|1956 Volkswagen Beetle-New||1||$12,950.00|
|1983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$19,500.00|
|1958 Ford Thunderbird||20||$39,500.00|
|1983 Other Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$19,500.00|
|1983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$US $5,001.00|
|1983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$22,500.00|
|1983 Replica/Kit Makes SPARTAN SPARTAN||17||$US $12,301.00|
|1958 Ford Thunderbird||20||$39,500.00|
|1970 Volvo Other GT||12||$6,800.00|
|1958 Ford Thunderbird||21||$39,500.00|
|TWINDISC P211 PTO / MARCO DC37 HYDRAULIC PUMP DRIVE||4||$3,250.00|