Triumph : TR-6 2 door, Convertible
Sale price: $11,050.00 make an offer
Last update: 03.06.2015
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||2.5L Inline 6|
|Trim:||2 door, Convertible|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Triumph : TR-6 2 door, Convertible for sale
I have lowered the reserve from previous auctions & this will be your last chance to bid on this beautiful Triumph through Ebay. arrangements have been made to ship the car to Southern California during the month of June to be auctioned through one of the major car auction houses should it not sell on Ebay.
I purchased this Triumph with the intention of making it part of my long term vintage & classic car collection due to its extremely rare originality. With an unexpected acquisition of a 86' Testarossa. I am reluctantly selling this TR6. It is fully optioned including factory Overdrive. Roll Bar. Monza Exhaust system. performance tires. auxiliary cooling fans. electronic ignition. flamethrower coil. ‘Spax' front shocks. rear tube type shock conversion. & wood Momolita wheel.
This vehicle is absolutely gorgeous. exceedingly original and well-preserved. numbers matching and entirely solid and sound. Finished in one of the most desirable factory original colors; French Blue (never painted) over its original black interior with matching black top & tonneau covers.
A true survivor with only 81000 original miles. it was never exposed to the elements or left to fall into disrepair. the car is mechanically excellent and ready for touring and other enthusiast events. A completely honest preserved classic that's sure to bring its new owner years of reliable enjoyment and investment appreciation.
Being an entirely original car. the French Blue paint appears almost showroom fresh with the exception of a few minor imperfections (not noticeable in the photos. ) commensurate with any well-cared-for 40 year old survivor. The accident free body is laser straight showing all original factory panel gaps (even the original primer where the factory blue paint missed the underside of the doors still shows with absolutely no rust / corrosion. ) … there is absolutely no body filler in any area of this car. The glass and chrome are all in excellent original condition. as are the original wheels and centre caps. The black soft top was replaced in 2010 and is still in excellent condition with clear zip-out rear window. The car's undercarriage is entirely original and sound. free of any corrosion and completely straight and correct. this car has never been dismantled and the underside shows limited exposure to moisture. The car's interior is in similarly clean original condition. the seats have been professionally restored with new vinyl covers & foam backing. carpets and interior panels have all been replaced showing zero wear. The wood veneer dash shows slight patina however all other dash top cap & vinyl facia pieces are pristine. All gauges & switches are fully functional. installed is the dealer period correct AM/FM cassette stereo with upgraded rear deck mounted Pioneer speakers.
Completely numbers matching and original. the 2. 5L inline 6 cylinder starts effortlessly. idles consistently and pulls strong and smoothly through each of the gears. The engine & Overdrive Transmission were completely rebuilt in 2010. The engine compartment is pristine. the original paint has been detailed and waxed and shows as nice as the exterior. The original factory yellow chalk markings on the underside of the hood for the hinge positions are still intact!
The trunk sports all of its original paint which has been detailed and polished to like new appearance. The spare rim has been painted and still sports an original Michelin Red line tire. Tool kit. Jack are all secured in place (even the leather tie-down strap for the tool roll is still in perfect useable condition).
The vehicle comes with owner's manual. documented provenance. heritage certificate and receipts provided by previous owners. An extensive photo gallery of the car is available on request.
This is an excellent opportunity to acquire an incredibly original. numbers matching. mechanically excellent. charmingly patinaed and entirely honest preserved example of one of history's most important sports cars. Finished in a desirable color combination & fully factory optioned TR6 that is exhilarating to drive. If you're in the market for a Triumph. this lovely original TR6 certainly deserves your serious consideration.
Upgrades & Detailing work Carried-out on the 1975 Triumph TR6. serial: CF3122740 UO
Owner Mr. Matthew Hollister (2009-2011)
- Complete Rebuild of Front Suspension. Bushing. Ball Joints. Springs. Trunnions. & Wheel Bearings.
- Four New ‘Spax' adjustable telescopic coil over shocks installed with Rear Tube Shock Conversion)
- Rear Suspension completely rebuilt. universal joints. bushings. and springs. Note Differential Mounting Studs & Bushes in Excellent condition however rubber mountings were replaced when performing rebuild.
- Complete overhaul of hydraulic Brake system including the Calipers. Rotors. Pads. Shoes. Wheel Cylinders. Springs. Adjusters. Master Cylinder etc…
- Emergency Brake Cables Replaced. Lubed. Adjusted.
- Carburetors rebuilt by third party specialist. Synced and fine tuned once on vehicle.
- New Ignition Wires. Cap & Rotor.
- New Petronix Electronic ignition system installed.
New Fuel Pump & Fuel Lines Replaced.
- New Offset spin on oil filter system installed to replace old unit.
- Gearbox & J-Type Overdrive unit completely rebuilt. see attached receipts for details.
- Radiator re-corded & New Auxiliary Electric Thermostatically controlled fans installed.
- Gas Tank Boiled. Pressure tested & Painted.
- Seats completely Rebuilt; New Seat foam. covers. webbing and diaphragms all done to original specifications.
- New Hubert Factory style Roll Bar with Padded Cover Installed.
- New Momolita Wood Steering Wheel installed with New Centre Hub & Horn.
- New Battery Cables & Battery
- Complete Engine Rebuild. see attached receipts for details.
- New Rad & Heater hoses Kit. as per original factory specs. (Green Hoses)
- New Oil Pressure Sensor installed
- New Temperature Gauge Sensor.
- New Rubber pads for Brake Pedal & Clutch.
- Four new Toyo Spectrum P195/50/15. (High performance tire installed). Rims Powder Coated & Stainless Steel Trim Rings installed.
- Front End Alignment after installation of new tires
Owner Mr. Avtar Gangar (2011-2014)
- During Mr. Gangar's ownership the car was sparingly used and therefore carried out regular maintenance items only such as oil. lube & filter changes.
-Original factory exhaust system was repaired but never replaced. Eg. New front intermediate pipes.
Owner Mr. Mackenzie R. Zeraldo (2014 – Present)
- New License Plate Lamps Complete with Holders & Lenses installed.
- New Master Cylinder Reservoir Cap installed to replace original cracked one.
- Valves adjusted per manufacturer specifications. Valve cover stripped & painted. New Gasket installed
- Complete New Monza Four Pipe Free Flow High Performance Exhaust System Installed including New Manifold to Header Gaskets. Mounting Brackets & Hangers. New Stainless Steel Intermediate Pipes Installed.
- New Headlamp Pots to Body Gaskets & New Headlamp Trim Rings. Headlight Realignment Completed.
- Carburetors Professionally Synced and Tuned & Correct Air/Fuel Mixture Needles Installed.
-Rubber Fuel Line from Gas Tank to Metal Line replaced.
- New Pioneer Speakers Installed in Rear Deck.
- New Front Amber Side Marker Lenses. replaced faded originals.
- Front Grille removed. Cleaned & Detailed. New TR6 ‘Enamel' Badge installed.
- New Finisher Valance Top piece (Under Grille) installed to give like new appearance to the entire front grille area.
- New Door Seals for door glass (Outters) on the Left & Right.
- Seals- A-Post to doors replaced with New.
- Convertible Top Frame Side Window Seals Replaced.
- New Chrome Windshield Molding with Centre Clip
- Replaced damaged Sun visors and retaining clips with New ones.
- Original Factory Paint work Professionally Buffed & Waxed. Red accent pin striping added as per dealer installed.
- Front Bumper Removed. Detailed. Black Rustoleum painted on back side. Turn Signal and Parking Lamps removed. cleaned. detailed & re-installed.
- New Air Filter Installed. Filter Canister stripped & Painted Red with complimentary AMS Oil decal.
- Engine Shampoo. and complete detailing of engine compartment. underside of hood & New plastic Battery Box Installed.
- Interior Carpeting steam cleaned. and entire cockpit including dash & gauges were detailed.
- 1980's stereo system replaced with original factory AM/FM radio (was removed by original owner & stored).
- All Trunk Panels removed to expose painted metal areas. cleaned & waxed to restore original finish.
- All Fluids flushed & replaced including anti-freeze. hydraulic brake & clutch. transmission & differential. Front Suspension and Driveshaft's lubricated.
Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. Additional photos are available on request. copies of all receipts and provenance are available for viewing.
I can assist with shipping of this vehicle worldwide with reference to my vintage / classic car carrier TFX International at buyer's expense.Please note; The California plates displayed on the Triumph were provided by a friend who used the car for a photoshoot in a local travel agency ad promoting Canadian travel to California. The copy of the ad will be available once the publisher issues the promotion.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required withing 24 hours of auction close. Balance of payment must be made within 7 days of auction close. Cashiers check. Bank Draft. or Money order are the only acceptable payment options.
Also published at eBay.ca
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Triumph cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $14,937.001968 Triumph TR 250
price: £6,800.001975 TRIUMPH STAG AUTO WHITE, READY TO ENJOY, LOVELY CONDITION
price: £3,350.001973 Mk3 GT6, with overdrive.
price: $3,400.001973 Triumph Spitfire
|Triumph: Spitfire MARK IV | eBay||12||$5,250.00|
|1972 Triumph TR-6 | eBay||21||$5,900.00|
|Triumph: Spitfire MARK IV||12||$C $20.50|
|1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500||4||$14,995.00|
|1976 Triumph TR-6 N/A||12||$33,995.00|
|1974 Triumph TR-6||4||$24,995.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6||4||$24,995.00|
|1973 Triumph TR 6 N/A||12||$19,595.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||12||$US $6,600.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||10||$5,000.00|
|1970 Triumph Spitfire Spitfire||9||$6,800.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||12||$US $510.00|
|1979 Triumph Spitfire||5||$4,000.00|
|1959 Triumph TR3||11||$26,500.00|
|1972 Triumph Spitfire Spit Six||21||$US $1,000.00|
|1960 Triumph TR3 Convertible||4||$24,900.00|
|1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500||21||$US $4,500.00|
|1975 Triumph TR-6 Great driver! NO RUST! Previously owned by an airc||12||$US $8,000.00|
|1973 Triumph Other||12||$US $5,200.00|
|1971 Triumph TR-6||21||$US $6,500.00|