1969 Plymouth Barracuda
Sale price: $US $50,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1969 Plymouth Barracuda for sale
1969 Plymouth Barracuda. 'Cuda. 'Cuda 440 Special. or M-code 'Cuda. call it what you want. It all boils down to the largest cubic inch enigine available from any domestic auto maker being factory installed into one of the lightest cars for 1969 in the Plymouth lineup. It took some thinking. a few special parts. and a big shoehorn to fit such a massive motor down into such a small car.
A few facts about these historic cars. They were scheduled to be assembled as 'Cuda 383s by the Hamtramck. MI Plant. They were specially handled through the "Fleet Build" process and built as 440 'Cudas . All were powered by the 440 "Super Commando" engine. rated at 375hp and 480ft-lbs of torque. The only transmission available was the A727 Torqueflite automatic. Backing up the drivetrain was an 8 3/4 rear differential. available with either the Sure-Grip 3:55 or 3:91 gear ratio. 10-inch drum brakes were appointed at all four corners of the car. Two parts were unique to the 440 'Cudas. as well as the '69 440 Dodge Darts. The RB 440 engine. being taller and wider than the low-deck 383. required the Driver's side exhaust manifold and engine mount bracket be specifically manufactured for this special installation. M-Code A-bodies were delivered with the same 12-month/12. 00 mile warranty that the 426 Hemi cars had. Only 358 M-Code 440 'Cudas were built. with 292 of them being fastbacks. A mere 9 of those were painted in the R6 Scorch Red. This is the only A-Body M-Code listed in the 440 'cuda registry that was painted R6 Scorch Red with complete R6 Scorch red interior! Information was from the 440 'cuda registry.
The car is 100% numbers matching from the engine. transmission. radiator support. trunk gutter. dash vin. fender tag to the title. All information was documented as it was taken apart restored and reassembled.
The car had been sitting since 1972. when the original owner passed away. Since being sold new the car has lived within 30 miles of the dealership it was purchased in 1969! Which is the reason for less than 25. 00 miles on the car.
This fresh from the rotisserie restoration still retains all of it's specialty Original Equipment 440 'Cuda parts that it left the factory with. Meaning it not only has the correct unique parts. it retains the exact ones the car was origionally built with! This stunning beauty has been refreshed back to original while retaining all of the o. e. parts it left the assembly line with. that could be utilized. The entire underside of the car's body was media cleaned and then re-coated with the correct appearing "Grey Dip". Undercoating was then applied to the wheel wells. as it was from the factory. all with o. e. quality products from Resto Rick. Only the best NOS. used original. or the highest quality aftermarket parts available today were used to compliment the restoration where absolutely needed. Just a few of the notables who had a hand in restoring. and supplying. parts for the car were: Scott Smith at Harms Auto. outstanding job with renewing the carburetor. Dixie Restorations. amazingly detailed rebuild of the alternator. Scott. at Koffel's Place. home of the B1 head. took care of going through the engine with their precision machine work. Tony's Parts. supplying the finest NOS parts available. Hall's Interior Restorations. expert recovering of the seats with Legendary Upholstery. Accurate Exhaust. building the complete factory style replacement exhaust system. Headrest Joe took great care on bringing the headrests to factory original condition. Last. but in no way least. metal replacement/body work/paint/component restoration/assembly/etc. was completed by the HelliotRacing Crew and myself.
Upon completion of the restoration the car has only been driven a very few miles to make sure all components are in working order. and everything works as it should.
New. restored. or NOS parts:
* Original 8 3/4 rear differential 3:55 gear. Disassembled. cleaned . nd reassembled with all factory parts.
* Original numbers matching 727 automatic transmission. Disassembled. cleaned. and reassembled.
* Original numbers matching Super Commando 440 engine was treated to a . 030" bore.
* Original Rebuilt HD leaf spring packs. with new rubber bushings.
* New emergency brake cables.
* Original numbers correct radiator. with new core per o. e. specs.
* New correct appearing radiator hoses. heater hoses. and heater core.
* Restored heater box. with new seals.
* Original carburetor. restored per o. e. specs.
* Complete front suspension rebuilt. per o. e. specs.
* Original air cleaner assembly. with factory style replacement element and "pie tin".
* NOS J-11Y Champion spark plugs.
* Correct finish Regatta Red suede dash paint. Same on steering column and rear divider trim.
* New headliner. with new insulation and padding.
* New dash pad. with the correct look and finish.
* New Legendary seat covers. front and rear.
* New flocking on the rear fold down divider.
* New carpet throughout.
* Restored instrument cluster with all gauges working properly. Rebuilt original tach that has been recalibrated.
* Restored original wiper motor. linkage assembly. and rebuilt pivots and new seals.
* Various date coded parts throughout. such as hoses. belts. and wires.
* The original fender tag is 100% legible but is a bit worse for the wear. so an exact replacement tag from Backeast Data tags is on the car. The original tag will come with sale of the car.
* Only 1 build sheet was inside of the car. and I have what is left from it after the mice used the rest for bedding.
* All o. e. clear glass. except for the front windshield that has been replaced with a correctly stamped aftermarket one.
* New seals at front & rear glass. and at doors.
* Correct PPG single stage Concept DCC paint on the floors. exterior body panels. engine bay. trunk area. and over sprayed correctly underneath.
I cannot stress enough how every part of the car was taken off. taken apart. and restored or replaced with the best parts available. The title is clear and currently registered in my name. I would encourage anyone who is seriously interested in buying this car to come and take a look at it. or have a 3rd party make an assessment of it's condition prior to purchasing. Out of state. or out of country buyers. I will assist as much as I can with safely loading. Item is for sale locally.
Trades. project or finished cars+ cash will be considered. Unique cars will be at the front of the list. Mostly interested in mopars. but I will consider all makes. Also more pictures of the build can be found on its facebook page https://www. facebook. com/mcodecuda/ Thanks for looking at my listing and have a great day. Chris
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Plymouth cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $19,500.001940 Plymouth Other
price: $120,000.001969 Plymouth Road Runner
price: $15,979.001937 Plymouth Truck, 318 Mopar,
price: $24,000.001969 Plymouth Roadrunner 392 HEMI
|1967 Plymouth Satellite||4||$27,995.00|
|1964 Plymouth Fury||4||$52,995.00|
|1936 Plymouth 2 Door Touring Sedan||4||$19,995.00|
|1971 Plymouth GTX||4||$43,995.00|
|1952 Plymouth Concord||4||$12,995.00|
|1970 Plymouth Barracuda||4||$64,995.00|
|1939 Plymouth P8 2 Door Sedan||4||$27,995.00|
|1972 Plymouth Road Runner 400ci --||12||$29,999.00|
|1970 Plymouth Barracuda||4||$36,995.00|
|1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe||4||$24,995.00|
|1969 Plymouth Road Runner||4||$33,995.00|
|1973 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda Tribute||4||$109,995.00|
|1970 Plymouth Road Runner||4||$44,995.00|
|1966 Plymouth Belvedere II 426 HEMI||4||$89,995.00|
|1966 Plymouth Belvedere II||4||$29,995.00|
|1969 Plymouth Road Runner A12||4||$64,995.00|
|1970 Plymouth Road Runner||4||$44,995.00|
|1964 Plymouth Sport Fury||4||$23,995.00|
|1968 Plymouth Satellite||8||$32,500.00|
|1933 Plymouth 2-door Sedan||7||$26,000.00|