Classic Cars / McLaren / Car for sale
1988 Ford Mustang ASC McLaren GT Roadster
Sale price: $8,995.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
- Got questions?
- Ask here!
1988 Ford Mustang ASC McLaren GT Roadster for saleCurrent customer rating: (346 votes) based on
METALHEAD MOTORSPORTS IS PROUD TO PRESENT THIS RARE MUSTANG!
WE ARE A LICENSED AND BONDED DEALERSHIP IN SUNNY PHOENIX ARIZONA ONLY 15 MINUTES FROM SKY HARBOR AIRPORT.
1988 FORD MUSTANG ASC MCLAREN GT ROADSTER
1 OF APPROXIMATELY 1800 MADE! EXTREMELY RARE NUMBERED HAND BUILT CUSTOM CARS FROM ASC MCLAREN WHEN NEW. ALL ORIGINAL WITH ONLY 73K MILES. ORIGINAL BOOKS. KEYS. RADIO. WHEELS. ETC. EVEN RUNS R12 AC STILL(NEEDS A RECHARGE OR JUST CONVERT TO R134 NEWER FREON) AND PASSED EMISSIONS WITH A FRACTION OF WHAT WAS ALLOWED. RUNS AND DRIVES LIKE A DREAM! FOX BODY 5. 0 MUSTANGS ARE GOING UP IN VALUE AND NOW YOU CAN OWN ONE OF THE RAREST FOX BODY MUSTANGS EVER PRODUCED. MANY MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE. NO RUST. NO ACCIDENTS.
HERE IS SOME MORE INFO ON THESE CARS:
Buyer's Guide from Hemmings Muscle MachinesDuring the four-year span. just 1. 06 Mustangs were converted. 1. 15 of which were done in 1988. making them bona-fide rarities in the muscle car community. Today. ASC/McLarens are supported by a well-organized club and parts network. In addition. the ASC/McLaren Mustang is a comparatively affordable muscle car. although performance cars from the Eighties have seen a recent upswing in collectability among enthusiasts.
BODY & INTERIOR
Contrary to what one may think. Ford did not send incomplete. body-in-white LX coupes to ASC/McLaren. Each was complete. including the aforementioned 5. 0 engine and GT underpinnings. Henry Huisman. who worked at ASC and is now the owner of Paradise Automotive--supplier of NOS. reconditioned and used ASC/McLaren parts in Odessa. Florida (www. ascmclaren. com)--tells us they were also fitted with the GT front fascia from the factory. "Once they took delivery of the car. they cut the top off and removed the interior in order to fit their own manually-folded top and power metal tonneau cover. Like the Capri. they pulled the windshield back about 20 degrees. which necessitated the installation of side windows unique to these cars. They also added side skirts. taillamp covers and a rear spoiler. and removed the stock emblems. explains Henry. Once the exterior modifications were completed. the cars were then painted a variety of special colors. which varied from one year to the next. "Ford shipped the cars. usually finished in silver or black. so in most cases the door sticker--which would have the paint code--will not match what ASC/McLaren ultimately applied. The underside of the hood should still exhibit the original Ford color. cautions Henry. Interiors were also extensively modified. With the rear seat removed. additional storage was made available. à la Corvette. below the stowed top and corresponding cover. The front seats were given extra padding and re-covered in embroidered leather; door panels and the armrests were also redesigned. Standard Mustang GT instrumentation remained. however. Standard features included power steering. tinted windows and even air conditioning later in the series; however. options such as a Whistler radar detector and Recaro bucket seats were few. The Recaros were dropped after 1988. mostly due to the fact few buyers selected the $1. 00 option.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- We take time to carefully describe each vehicle and include a substantial number of photos. However. it is very important to keep in mind that these vehicles are pre-owned. not brand new. After careful reading of the entire description. rather than making a potentially incorrect assumption. if any statement or comment is unclear. or if you have questions. please e-mail or call us prior to bidding.
- We are a licensed and bonded automotive dealership based in Phoenix. Arizona. Buying through a licensed dealer gives you as a consumer certain rights. and ensures your protection from title fraud and other problems encountered in private party automotive transactions. In addition. you may also qualify for lower interest rates by purchasing through a dealership. We reserve the right to sell this vehicle locally prior to the end of any advertisement or listing. We also reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- Cars are demonstrated and/or test-driven on a daily basis and therefore may have more mileage upon delivery than indicated in original listings.
- All transactions are subject to a Document/Preparation fee of $295. Arizona residents will be responsible for 7. 8% sales tax. and vehicle registration costs. Non-Arizona residents wishing to pick up their vehicle from our dealership in Phoenix will be responsible for paying sales tax in Arizona. Tax will not be charged if the vehicle is shipped out of state. Any out-of-state residents wishing to drive their new vehicle prior to registering it in their home states will be provided a 90-day non-resident temporary permit. All taxes and license fees will need to be paid by the buyer when the vehicle is registered in their home state. All state taxes and motor vehicle-related fees are administered by each state individually. are not included in the price of the vehicle. and are non-negotiable.
- Most vehicle titles are not held on the premises and it may take up to 30 days to receive one.
- Due to the fact that we often have multiple prospective buyers for the same vehicle. we will not "hold" a vehicle without a signed non-refundable deposit. a signed purchase order. and a signed General Information and Terms of Sale form. Without this deposit. all vehicles will remain advertised. listed. and available for sale.
- Although we make every attempt to deliver our vehicles with a full set of keys. key fobs. books. floor mats. manuals. etc. . we cannot guarantee that a pre-owned vehicle will have all of these items. Most of them can be ordered at a minimum cost in addition to the price of the vehicle. if you desire to do so. The substantial reduction in price between new and pre-owned vehicles reflects in part the chance that these items might be missing.
At Close of Auction
- The successful "winning" bidder must telephone us within 24 hours after the auction has ended to verify purchase and make arrangements to complete the transaction.
Full payment must be received within 7 business days of the end of auction. Payment must be either by cashiers-check. or certified funds. If funds are not received. and an alternate arrangement has not been made. the vehicle can and will be made available to other potential buyers on a first-come. first-serve basis.
- The parties agree that this contract shall be construed under the substantive laws of the state of Arizona. that the state courts of Arizona shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any action brought to enforce the terms of this contract or over any action arising out of the underlying transaction(s) with seller and venue may be had in the Maricopa county superior court of the state of Arizona.
- We have disclosed as much information as possible about this vehicle and aim to only carry quality vehicles. However. we recommend that all buyers conduct an inspection either in person or through a qualified professional third party inspector prior to the end of the auction.
- We value your business and want you to be completely satisfied with your Ebay buying experience. from purchase to delivery. As a value added service we will assist with working with your shippers and helping get the vehicle loaded up. However. the buyer pays all shipping costs. We do not have any affiliation with. or interest in. any transportation companies and all questions or concerns should be addressed directly with them.
- All vehicles are sold As Is. with no warranties expressed or implied. by seller(extended warranties are available at extra cost). Vehicles come with books and/or manuals only if pictured in the included photos or if stated in the ad. As with any used vehicle. minor signs of wear may become more obvious under close inspection. such small chips or nicks. light scratches or minor abrasions. wheel scuffs. and other indications of normal wear and tear. We will not and cannot be held liable or responsible for these issues.
- Bidders are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the vehicle described above.
- Non-paying bidders. unqualified bidding. bid shielding. auction interference or any type of harassment. will be dealt with according to eBay Rules. local law. and may include. but are not limited to. legal action and applicable fees. lose of deposit or any other necessary costs.
- We reserve the right to cancel bids and/or our auction at anytime for any reason.
PLACING A BID ON THIS AUCTION. CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE INFORMATION PRESENTED.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AND HAVE FUN BIDDING!!
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic McLaren cars offered via internet auctions: