1957 Cadillac Other
Sale price: $63,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1957 Cadillac Other for sale
Stunning 1957 Cadillac Series 62 For Sale.
Oxblood interior. Tuxedo Black Exterior. black vinyl top. A Gorgeous Testament to American Style and Luxury.
I have owned this car for over 4 years…. the third owner. Original owner kept for over 30 years. Was then bought out of Florida in the 1980s and shipped to Indiana. From there the car was bought at auction in 2010. refreshed and sold to Daniel Schmidt Classic Car Gallery.
I purchased the car from Daniel Schmidt Classic Car Gallery in St Louis. From there. I shipped the car to Hawaii where it stayed for 2 years and then on to San Diego. where it currently resides (for the last 3 years).
Every time I drive this car. it gets a bevy of complements and looks. It brightens people's day when they see it…and it's a great pleasure to be a steward of such an important piece of Americana.
By VIN plate. the car was original white. However. top and interior are both same as factory.
Engine and Transmission are #'s matching.
Cadillac Owners Club sources say 9000 were made. Far fewer exist today.
Since owning the car. I've done the following:
· Rebuilt Transmission (In Hawaii)
· Replaced the Carburetor (twice to find a serviceable one) w/ factory units. rebuilt each carburetor after purchase
· Replaced Steering Box with Rebuilt OE Unit
· Replaced Ball joints. shocks
· Replaced Rear Main Seal
· Replaced the timing chain and tensioners
· Adjusted Transmission TV Cable
· Replaced Distributor
· Replaced Generator w/ alternator (still have original generator)
· Resealed Transmission Input shaft
· Resealed valve cover gaskets
· Replaced Convertible Top
· Replaced Convertible Top Motor. mechanism switch
· Replaced all window seals
· Replaced Carpeting
· Re-upholstered dash. door covers. and rear seat trim
· Fixed exhaust leak
· Fixed several lighting. turn signal and electrical issues
· Replaced all floor pans and undercoated tub
· Restored passenger door insulation
Car has blue tooth capable aftermarket head unit in glove box
4 Factory look rubber mats to match interior and carpet color.
All bodywork under my care has been done at Coachwerx in El Cajon. Upholstery and Top completed at Arroyo Brothers in Chula Vista. Mechanical work has been done via Main Auto Repair. JBA Speed Shop. and Tune Craft in San Diego.
All Parts were sourced from Caddy Daddy in Northern California. Cadillacs International in NY. or Kantar in New Jersey.
What's Wrong with the car…
· The drivers door seems to have been replaced at some point as the color match is imperfect
· The valve covers have been chipped over time due to possible rough handling during repair as well as improper paint use (heat)
· While I have replaced the carburetor several times. the timing chain. fuel pump. and tuned the car there still seems to be a slight hesitation in second gear under medium and heavy acceleration. This is very intermittent. The car is very drivable at this point…even in modern Southern California traffic so I chose not to pursue any further root causes
· Transmission Leaks from pan
Please call Kevin at 617. 435. 5886 w/ questions. I have pics of underside can send by request.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Cadillac cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $9,250.001978 Cadillac Elderado
price: $65,988.00Bentley: Continental GT Flying Spur Sedan 4-Door
price: $US $14,990.001939 Cadillac Fleetwood 3975
price: $24,990.00GMC : Terrain 2015 SLE ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
|1937 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Touring Imperial||4||$47,995.00|
|1929 Cadillac Fleetwood Imperial Sedan||4||$68,995.00|
|1965 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special||4||$17,995.00|
|1979 Cadillac Eldorado||4||$10,995.00|
|1965 Cadillac Calais||4||$13,995.00|
|1985 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz||4||$10,995.00|
|1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible||4||$18,995.00|
|1947 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Sedan||4||$24,995.00|
|1987 Cadillac Coupe DeVille||4||$6,995.00|
|1970 Cadillac Eldorado||4||$12,995.00|
|1972 Cadillac Coupe DeVille||4||$13,995.00|
|1965 Cadillac DeVille --||12||$27,995.00|
|1983 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible||21||$12,995.00|
|1988 Cadillac Brougham||21||$7,750.00|
|1976 Cadillac Eldorado Conv green --||14||$13,995.00|
|1940 Cadillac La Salle||7||$12,400.00|
|1985 Cadillac Eldorado||8||$8,500.00|
|1971 Cadillac Eldorado||11||$11,500.00|
|1974 Cadillac Eldorado||4||$17,000.00|
|1949 Cadillac SERIES 62 SEDAN - RESTORED - 71K MILES||4||$US $19,500.00|