1967 MERCEDES BENZ 230SL SHOW QUALITY RESTORED CA ONE OWNER CAR WITH HISTORY
Sale price: $55,100.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1967 MERCEDES BENZ 230SL SHOW QUALITY RESTORED CA ONE OWNER CAR WITH HISTORY for sale
1967 Mercedes 230SL. Professionally Restored Show Quality Collector Car. Test Miles Only.
This 1967 Mercedes 230SL was sold new by Hollywood Mercedes in 1967. The car had one owner from 1967 until February 2009. The car has all owners manuals and the service book with it. documenting the history all the way until 1984 when the car was parked by it's original owner. The car was stored indoors in a Los Angeles area garage from 1984 until about 2 years ago when the restoration was started and it had 77. 000 miles on. The car had zero rust or accidents. had the original paint and black license plates on it. All numbers match on this car; engine. transmission. front and rear axles. hard top. hood. doors and the soft top cover.
Just couple of details from the start of restoration which might help you to understand what kind of car we're talking about here:
When the under carriage and wheel wells of the car went through an excessive power washing and scrubbing with oil eaters to get all the oil and grease out of it. the original under coating from factory as well the factory paint were still there. That simply tells that no rust or bodywork was ever been done underneath of this car. It only needed to be primed painted back to its old glory.
When the front grille was removed it had still the original pieces of masking tape from the factory where the grille is screwed to body. Since pretty much nobody knows about the pieces of these masking tape anymore these days which means that the grille was never removed before and therefore this car has never been in an accident or re-painted.
The hood and trunk lid has all the original "drip" marks. as it suppose to be. from the factory in the inside when they painted them standing upright.
The car has original welding marks from the factory everywhere on the body
A comprehensive. every nut-and-bolt show quality 100 point restoration was started in March of 2009. During the restoration. the car was completely taken apart. down to a bare shell. The shell was mounted on a jig for the purpose of a perfect repaint.
All components of the car were restored or replaced. depending on the need. The body was properly painted. color sanded & polished using the original color paint. color code 670. The body was painted inside & outside. as done by the factory. The interior is restored back to it's original Cognac leather.
The individual vehicle components were rebuilt / restored as needed during the paint job. including the following:
- The engine was rebuilt with new pistons. bearings. timing components. valves. valve guides. oil pump. etc.
- The fuel system was rebuilt with new fuel pump. rebuilt fuel injection pump & injectors
- The individual engine compartment components were rebuilt. such as the starter. alternator. radiator. expansion tank. water pump. relays. all new hoses. clamps. etc.
- The front subframe & suspension was completely taken apart. powder coated & all joints were either replaced. rebuilt or repaired. as needed.
- All vehicle hardware (nuts. bolts. pins. washers. screws. clips. clamps. brackets etc) were cadmium plated as per original
- Most of the black trim. suspension components etc were powder coated for long life & corrosion prevention
- New exhaust system was installed. front to the chrome tips and it's connected using original Mercedes manifold clamps from those days so it's not hanging
- Fuel tank was powder coated
- Gas cap was restored
- All chrome was re-plated. all aluminum trim was polished
- Convertible top frame was detailed and a new German top was installed along with new top weatherstrip
- The hard top was completely restored. with new leather. headliner. refinished wood. rubber seals. all new chrome. etc.
- The driveshaft was serviced & repainted
- The rear axle / Suspension was refurbished as needed and a new pivot bushing was installed. new axle seals. bearings. etc were installed
- The brake system was completely rebuilt; new master cylinder. rebuilt calipers. new wheel cylinders. hoses. etc were installed
- All fuel & brake lines were replated
- New fuel transfer pump & bracket
- Koni shocks were serviced & painted
- Completely new interior was made using correct German cognac color leather (as per original). no vinyl was used anywhere.
- New sunvisors
- Instruments were refurbished
- Radio was refurbished
- New speaker
- All new wood
- New correct German square weave carpet in oatmeal color
- New shift selector plastic bezel
- New pedal pads
- ALL new weatherstrip throughout the car
- All new tires. 5
- The wheels were repainted using the correct color
- The trunk was repainted
- The spare tire. jack & tools were placed in the proper place with the books & manuals in the original pouch
- New trunk mat was installed
- New windshield. seal & refurbished & polished aluminum trim
- New firewall pad
- All new windshield washer tank. pump. nozzle & hoses
- New wiper blades
- New headlight bezels
- New taillight lenses
- Heater system rebuilt with a refurbished heater core. heater valve rebuilt. new hoses etc.
- All new decals throughout the car as original
- Every single bolt. nut screw. washer. pin. clamp. clip. etc. used in the car is as original by Mercedes from the factory with the right style in the right place. no universal ones has been used in this car
And much. much more.
This is a VERY nice 230SL. fully & professionally 100 point show quality restored from a genuine rust- and accident free Southern California car with excellent history. not just typical paint & trim quickly masked to look like a "restored" car. The cost of restoring a car like this is far beyond what it costs to "refresh" an older SL. Approximately 2. 00 hours were spent on this restoration. If you are looking for an investment/show quality collector car. this is it. The car is not cheap. but then again nor is the quality and the value will only increase in time for examples like this. This car would be welcomed at any concourse event price show.
Even the USA Mercedes-Benz Classic Center came to see the car. They simply quoted: "One has to come and see the car to understand how perfect it really is".
How many cars like this have you seen for sale on the market in past couple of years?
You can see over 200 detailed photos of the car by clicking the following link:
The car has test miles only since restoration. under 50 miles. The car is located about 40 miles north-east of Los Angeles. We strongly encourage bidders to come see the car in person. Call us at (909) 910-9959 to arrange a visit or if you have any additional questions the above description and photos have not answered yet.
The car will be advertised for sale elsewhere as well so it is subject to prior sale at any time. This kind of restoration is expensive. thus the price of the car reflects it. We welcome serious offers on the car.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Mercedes-Benz cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $7,700.001980 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
price: $US $18,500.001986 Mercedes-Benz Other 4dr Sedan 19
price: $US $48,600.001969 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series
price: $17,900.001988 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series 560SL
|1961 Mercedes-Benz 190-Series||12||$79,500.00|
|1979 Mercedes-Benz 450SL||4||$19,995.00|
|1980 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||4||$17,995.00|
|1979 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||4||$12,995.00|
|1983 Mercedes-Benz 380SL||4||$13,995.00|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$20,995.00|
|1987 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$17,995.00|
|1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$19,995.00|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz 560SL||4||$16,995.00|
|1976 Mercedes-Benz 400-Series||4||$7,900.00|
|1960 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series AMAZING 220 SE W128 PONTON NOT 190SL 300SL||21||$175,000.00|
|1984 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series||21||$18,995.00|
|1985 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series||21||$6,500.00|
|1989 Mercedes-Benz SEC 560||6||$US $8,500.00|
|1964 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series||12||$14,500.00|
|1935 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series 500K||10||$1,995,900.00|
|1987 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||12||$19,000.00|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz G-Class||12||$US $6,766.66|
|1988 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class||12||$22,900.00|
|1989 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 560SL||13||$US $14,100.00|