1969 Lotus Elan S4 1.6L
Sale price: $12,850.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||1.6l 1558cc 95cu. in. l4 gas dohc naturally aspirated|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1969 Lotus Elan S4 1.6L for sale
1969 Lotus Elan S4 Chassis # 45/8443 Engine # G/17481/B
I bought this car in 1982 from the second owner. The odometer was not connected when I bought it and I have put less than 8000 miles on it during the last 31 years. The car was repainted in the 1980's and still looks good but has developed some stress cracks that don't show in the pictures. The worst is on the hood which was aggravated by the incorrect engine mount resulting in cam cover interference with the hood. New correct upgraded (solid rubber) engine mounts have been installed. The car has the original top in excellent condition and comes with the original Tonneau cover. original jack (non-original ratchet handle). Octagonal wheel nut wrench. spare tire on original lotus wheel. and a Technalon car cover.
Some of the changes/upgrades I have made to the car during my ownership include:
· Stainless steel headers and complete stainless exhaust system
· Replaced front and rear springs and shocks (Spax adjustable rear shocks)
· Replaced Lotocone mounts. and transmission mount
· Stainless steel braided clutch and brake lines
· Air horns
· Replaced the veneer on the wood dash
· Replaced center console and dash
· Negative ground/Alternator conversion
· Stainless steel rear brake caliper pistons
· Blaupunkt Las Vegas AM/FM/CD player & speakers
Recent updates include:
· New high performance gear reduction starter
· New uprated engine mounts
· New Derale electric cooling fans
· Petronix ignitor ll electronic ignition distributor with Magnecor KV85 wires and flamethrower coil
· New CV joint driveshafts
· New polyurethane bushes for the differential tie rods and the inboard rear suspension
· New chassis/differential bushes
· New Panasport alloy knock-on wheels with new Vredestein Sprint+ 155HR13 tires
· Carburettors recently rebuilt
The car has always been garaged and only driven in the summer with the top down. The car runs well but has been driven less over the last few years. All instruments and lights work. The car does seep some oil typical for an Elan (the Lotus corrosion prevention system). The driver's seat has a cut in the right bolster I tried to show in the photo. The wipers need new rubber – I never drove in the rain. There is no windshield wiper bag/bottle. The outside door locks (key lock) don't work but the inside lock mechanism works.
Please contact me with any questions and to set up an appointment to inspect the car.
Car is sold as-is. no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs or arrangements.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from harry Harness, dated 04 january 2015
is this Elan still available/ I'm in Houston- I would like to fly out and inspect the vehicle during the coming week?
I'd like to call and set schedule.
Other classic Lotus cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,500.00Citroen Light 15
price: £15,000.00FORD CORTINA MK1 1966 2 DOOR LOTUS REPLICA
price: £12,995.001990 Lotus Esprit 2.2 WITH EXTENSIVE SERVICE HISTORY - LOW MILEAGE - LOTUS PLATE
price: $13,745.001987 Lotus Esprit Turbo Coupe 2-Door 2.2L