MGB Roadster / Convertible UK - RHD 1971 – Restored / Overdrive / Stunning!
Sale price: £11,995.00 make an offer
Last update: 06.03.2014
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Color:||British Racing Green|
|Drive side:||Right-hand drive|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
MGB Roadster / Convertible UK - RHD 1971 – Restored / Overdrive / Stunning! for sale
MGB Roadster / Convertible UK - RHD
1971 – Restored / Overdrive / Stunning!
Supplied new to its first owner on 25th January 1971 & showing a further 2 custodians on the log book from 1976. this original RHD UK spec chrome bumper model with overdrive & painted wires was purchased by its current long term owner 19 years ago as a project for his retirement.
He kept it in a heated dry garage & never touched it in all that time. When the time came to actually restore the vehicle he decided to part with it instead! Thus our workshop manager bought the car for himself & has spent every hour he's not working for us on this stunning vehicle with the intention of keeping it as a usable investment for his own retirement. We have however managed to prise this vehicle out of his hands and bring it to the market. (Don't worry we found him a Pagoda project to keep himself busy on which will give him an even better reward on retirement!).
He has undertaken a comprehensive rebuilt of the vehicle to a high standard. Thus this stunning vehicle must be of the best for the price offered. it's on the button & ready for its new owner to enjoy!
Fresh British Racing Green period paintwork with freshly painted wire wheels & a new quality black leather interior piped BRG. Complemented by a matching new black piped BRG full boot carpet set and a new black Moss quality vinyl soft top.
Showing 74. 00 miles (believed correct) on the rebuilt 1798cc engine. naturally with working overdrive. Thus this is one of the best driving MGB roadsters that we have ever had the pleasure in driving! You can tell it was done by someone whom loves driving with the intention to enjoy it on rallies and tours & not just sit in the garage!
This vehicle has been subject to a restoration lasting many months (I'm sure part of this was in our time also!) which included in brief: Complete strip of vehicle to shell. Replacement body panels. 1No. full rear wing. 1No. rear wing repair section. 2No. doors. 1No. bonnet. The inner & outer sills were found to be in good structural condition along with the castle rails & floor panels. Any areas of damage or rust were professionally cut out & repaired. All preparation professionally conducted & part taken back to bare metal as required. The vehicle was only then fully repainted. (whilst the shell was still stripped). including the full shell. boot void & engine bay in British racing green (2K - pack). Rebuilt 1798cc engine which has a rebuilt cylinder head. new main & big end bearings. Cylinder head converted to unleaded. Over hauled gearbox by specialist including 1st motion shaft housing. Overdrive unit checked & refurbished. Recon front callipers & new rear wheel cylinders & shoes. New oil pump. Refurbished heater matrix & box. Reconditioned front callipers. Reconditioned prop shaft. New brake master cylinder. New 3 piece clutch set fitted (master & slave). Realigned and fettled all panel gaps. Part rewire as required. New quality petrol tank & sender unit. New petrol pump. Ancillary engine bay parts either replaced or refurbished. Engine lining. All rubbers / trims. Gaskets / New dist. New temp gauge sender. span > Refurbished dash. span > Refurbished or replaced gauges & clocks / switches. New fuel pump. New gasket sets. Thermostat. Brake light switch. Coil. Fuel gauge. New Tudor washer bottle & holder. New bonnet stops. New rad cap & expansion pipe. New quality vinyl Moss hood. Fully rechromed front & rear chrome bumper sets (original items rechromed – not cheap foreign replacements). including over riders & number plate light fittings. Rechromed bumper fitting bolts. Rechromed headlamp trims. Rechromed chrome spinners. New side trims. New wing mirrors. New period number plates fitted. New air intake vent. New headlights & repeaters etc. New reversing lamps. New wiper blades. New Ignition lock. new door locks. boot. glove box lock (2 Sets of keys). New radio cover & speaker covers. New rubbers as required. New pedal rubbers. New OE black quality boot carpet set piped BRG (The boot was fully painted prior). New spare wheel bolt. Second hand spare wire wheel. New boot rubber. New boot latch set. New ash tray. New quality black leather seats piped in BRG. New timber gear knob. Quality locking chrome fuel cap. New boot & front MG badges. GB Badge. Dash badge. New MG tax disc holder & key ring. New correct period decal kit. New jack & brace along with new Thor mallet for those chrome spinners!
The vehicle has also naturally had a full engine service. tune. New green quality HT leads. NGK plugs. Oil filter. fuel filter along with £30 of premium unleaded fuel & multi point check with a 1 hour test drive. it holds excellent pressure and temperature– I just could not resist using it when the sun came out! This vehicle has also had a detailed valet including the engine bay. it's on the button. looks absolutely stunning. goes like a rocket. has been done by a specialist that does this for a living. It will not disappoint!
The vehicle comes complete with a large history file containing. V5C. Vehicle check report. Current MOT. Full itemised schedule of works carried out for restoration & engine rebuild. span > Over 50 parts invoices. Over 20 pictures of the photographic evidence of restoration. Past tax disc. MGB owners handbook.
5 Painted wire wheels shod in matching tyres (Excluding the spare) along with a new rawhide mallet for the chrome spinners!
Spare paint should you ever need it for touch ups.
Fresh MOT (12 Months) with NO advisories.
Historic (Free) Road Tax.
Motolita wood rimmed steering wheel fitted.
Britax inertia seat belts fitted.
2No. sets of keys are present with MG key ring.
The vehicle is on the button and ready for those European tours. rallies or car shows. It is by far the best driving MGB's we have had the pleasure in offering and feels much faster than its 1798cc engine suggests. It is also the best detailed in regards the engine bay…
Please note the registration number plate shown on the vehicle is for show purposes only.
It's priced to sell as we are a Mercedes Pagoda and R107 specialist. so please don't miss this lovely restored example of the iconic MGB Roadster that has been maintained regardless of cost & been restored to show standard by someone who knows what they are doing! This vehicle offers exceptional value at the price offered.
We also have other vehicles in stock:
1) MGB Roadster UK / RHD. 1972. overdrive. finished in flame red with new black leather interior piped red. new chrome wire wheels. span > detailed engine bay with rebuilt engine. Owned by last bank manager owner for 11 years. offered at £11. 95.
2) Unique Autobianchi Bianchina (Quattroposti) Berlina Saloon (Fiat 500F Based). 1965. LHD. time warp. museum exhibit until we purchased it from the Fait 500 Museum in Garlenda. Italian Riviera Ligure & bought it to the UK. light grey/blue with a blue interior & period correct. the best in Europe? & an investment opportunity. Sale price @ £7. 95. What style for this price…
3) Fiat 500 Furgoncino (Van). LHD. 1973 Tax exempt. finished in green with black interior. structurally excellent. restored by expert. including rebuilt original 499cc engine costing 2800Euros alone. ASI car owned by club member. low Italian owners. awaiting UK registration. We can paint this unique vehicle any colour you want & to concours standard if required. The only one for sale in Europe & possibly the world! - Find another. we cant! - Superb unique investment opportunity @ £15. 95.
4) Fiat 500D (Not mine!). LHD. 1963. finished in light blue with a red / white interior. suicide doors. full length new sunroof. fully detailed under carriage finished in the body colour with all new suspension components etc. detailed boot area & engine bay with fresh engine (500kms travelled). (Vehicle is currently fitted with a freshly rebuilt 499cc motor & syncro box. but comes complete with the original 476cc motor & crash gear box). restored in Modena by 500 expert 3 years ago to perfection at a cost of 13. 00 euros as the owners retirement gift to himself & as noted only travelled 500 kms since. this is the best you will ever get & as new. fresh MOT. even has the wicker hamper on the boot rack. exceptional ‘concours' condition. in a fantastic period colour combination & what a cheap investment @ £15. 95.
5) Fiat 500F Giardiniera - Estate. LHD. 1971. finished in period dark blue with a new tan interior piped cream. span > recently undergone full bare shell restoration in Holland. detailed rebuilt engine & bay. much loved Dutch 500 club car & finished to show standard. mint condition & what a good investment @ £9. 50 Find another as good! - Choice of 2. Second a later Italian example. due in soon & cheaper!
As we are a Mercedes Pagoda and R107 specialist we are always happy to part exchange one of these type of cars or indeed any classic car of excellent quality. so please don't miss this most fastidious example of the iconic MGB Roadster. This vehicle is exceptional value. try & find another as well restored & tax exempt – Please remember ‘you get what you pay for'. This vehicle is we believe the best value in Europe don't settle and ensure you view this stunning example…
More photos available upon request. PX always considered.
Can be viewed at any reasonable time by prior appointment.
We will always buy back cars we have previously sold…
Delivery by road. or packed and shipped. or air freight all possible by arrangement at excellent rates. car is ready to drive away today or be delivered to your door…
We are always keen to purchase Mercedes Benz Pagoda's (W113) or late 300SL (R107) models. so please give us a call for a friendly chat if you are considering selling. we would love to hear from you. We also hold many parts in stock for the above models & have our own restoration facilities. where we restore these glorious old Mercedes to Stuttgart factory standards.
Call or text: 07810 455345
Or email: enquiries@signatureautomobiles. co. uk
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,995.00MG/ MGF B
price: £4,995.001964 MG MIDGET MK2 - BRITISH RACING GREEN - LEATHER SEATS, MOHAIR HOOD, NEW MOT
price: $US $6,400.001958 MG MGA MGA
price: £4,495.00MGB GT coupe 1978 damask red in great original condition with sensible mods
|1955 MG TF||12||$22,750.00|
|1962 MG MGA MKII||12||$24,995.00|
|1923 MG Other||13||$US $15,000.00|
|1978 MG Midget||19||$US $2,500.00|
|1978 MG MGB||13||$1,000.00|
|1961 MG MGA||21||$US $10,300.00|
|1967 MG Other||5||$5,000.00|
|1980 MG MGB||17||$US $1,033.00|
|1964 MG MGB||21||$22,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB roadster||21||$US $1,500.00|
|1966 MG MGB||19||$24,990.00|
|1971 MG Other||21||$US $3,000.00|
|1970 MG MGB GT||16||$14,750.00|
|1972 MG MGB Roadster||21||$US $3,750.00|
|1978 MG MGB||13||$US $700.00|
|1979 MG MGB||21||$4,000.00|
|1975 MG MGB Bracken Autumn Leaf/Black||21||$9,900.00|
|1971 MG MGB||21||$US $500.00|
|1974 MG MGB Gb||19||$6,900.00|
|1977 MG MGB||21||$6,800.00|