1969 MG MGB GT
Sale price: $US $10,500.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
For sale is my 1969 MGB GT. This car is a very solid driver car and has a rebuilt engine with aa supercharger. a rebuilt overdrive transmission. and air conditioning. I have driven this car on several 500+ mile road trips and have not been let down. I spent considerable time over the winter rebuilding almost everything on the car and I think I have created a very fine example of the MGB GT. My goal was to build a reliable. fun. and relaxing car. Mission accomplished.
This car is extremely fun to drive. With the rebuilt suspension the car is very nimble. The brakes stop well and the supercharger adds the right amount of power. The air conditioner blows 38* air and makes summertime drives much more bearable. The speakers in the head rests are a great solution and the powered sub-woofer adds just enough depth without being too loud or “boomy”. Most of the time I turn the radio off and just listen to the exhaust note. The overdrive is a nice feature which keeps the engine rpm's down on the highway.
First. let's talk get the bad out of the way. Here is what I know is currently wrong with the car:
- The temperature gauge reads inaccurately. but I have ordered the correct temperature transmitter which my research has indicated will fix the problem.
Over the last 10 months I have done the following work:
- Full engine rebuild. The block was bored . 030 over. Re-ground crankshaft. New pistons. new cylinder head. new camshaft. new timing gears. chain. & tensioner and APT lifters. The distributor was rebuilt by Advanced Distributor and was curved for the supercharger. ARP head studs and rod bolts. Delco CS-130 alternator. New aluminum radiator. New oil cooler and stainless steel hoses. New stainless steel exhaust system. SU electronic fuel pump. New aluminum valve cover. Automatic belt tensioner system.
- Overdrive transmission was rebuilt.
- Moss Motors Supercharger
- Front suspension rebuild. New springs. control arms. spring pans. sway bar links. tie rod ends and polyurethane bushings. Worldwide Automotive rebuilt shocks.
- Rear suspension rebuild. New springs. shock links. hardware. and poly bushings. Worldwide Automotive rebuilt shocks.
- Rebuilt heater. Heater box was sand-blasted and painted. Upgraded heater core. Uprated blower fan and motor.
- Extensive heatshielding on the firewall and transmission tunnel. Moss Motors exhaust heat shield.
- Air conditioning. Twin condensers mounted in front of radiator. Custom made hoses. Sanden compressor. At 94 degree ambient temp I am getting 38 degree air from the vents.
- Interior has new carpet. new insulation. new door seals. Miata seats have a set of Mr Mike's leather seat covers with matching British Racing Green piping and MG logo. Seats have stereo speakers in the head rests. AM/FM/MP3 radio in dash. Powered sub-woofer behind driver's seat. Driver's. Passenger's and rear mats from Cocomats. com
- 5 new Yokohama tires. 4 new Minilite knock-off wheels. 4 new splined hubs. and 4 new 2-ear knock-offs. New front wheel bearings. I realize the knock-off wheels are not for everyone. so I am including the wire wheels that came with the car. They have Goodyear tires with good tread and a date code from 2013 (ie - they are not dry-rotted).
- New brake and clutch master cylinder. New stainless steel brake flex lines. New front drilled & slotted rotors. ceramic pads. New brake calipers. Replaced rear brakes including drums. adjusters. pads. wheel cylinders. and hardware.
- Tachometer rebuilt by Palo Alto Speedometer
- Other: Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control. Moss Motors front wheel liners. Engine has been fed Valvoline VR-1 20w-50 High Zinc since rebuild. Full binder of receipts for all work. Leather-bound log book detailing all work. Car has been garage kept since I bought it. and I never drove it in the snow or rain (except one surprise rain storm that caught me off-guard).
I purchased this from the estate of a retired dentist. He was a life-long MG fan and wanted to find the best MGB GT he could. He bought this one from central Florida.
So why am I selling it? I have limited room in my garage and I am getting the itch for another project. I also have another MGB (a convertible that I have owned for 20+ years) and I feel it's unfair to the convertible that I always drive the GT.
I have a website detailing some of the work I have done. If you are seriously interested in the car please message me and I will send you the link.
As always. the car is sold as-is. where-is. with no warranty or guarantee. $500 PayPal deposit is due immediately at end of auction. The balance is due and the car must be picked up within 7 days of auction end. I accept cash. bank transfer. or cashiers check. If paying by cashier's check. the car and title remain with me until my bank tells me it is safe to release the vehicle. If you can't tell - I am not a fan of checks.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Ian Roberts, dated 13 august 2018
Interested. Can you send me the website link and confirm where in the US the car is located? Thanks
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £11,500.00CLASSIC MG TD 1950s REPLICA - NOT KIT CAR IMMACULATE CONDITION
price: £17,500.001968 MG MGF MGC IN BRITISH RACING GREEN JUNE 2015 TAX & MOT
price: £4,250.00MGB GREEN (TAX EXEMPT Next year)
price: $19,900.001957 MGA Coupe with New Paint..New Leather interior and Carpet
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|