1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ73 LX
Sale price: $13,000.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||3B - 3.4L Diesel 4 cyl|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ73 LX for sale
Current customer rating: (34 votes) based on
Note this vehicle came from Japan. so its right hand drive. You'll get used to this in no time - frankly I enjoyed it. and had fun being different. Yes its legal.
Vehicle is located south of Loveland. CO.
- 1985 BJ73 Landcruiser. "LX" model. code BJ73V-MN. VIN BJ73-0000531.
- Right hand drive
- 4WD + Low range (duh. its a Landcruiser)
- Extended wheelbase (compared to BJ70). with sliding/opening rear windows
- Removable fiberglass top. doors. and fold down windshield
- Legendary 3B engine - note this is NOT the mysterious 3B-II variant. but it does have the rotary vane injection pump due JDM origin. Some say rotary-pumped 3B's feel like they have a bit more pep. and owning both I agree.
- Manual H55f 5-speed transmission
- Power steering
- Air conditioning
- PTO gearbox and PTO winch
- 4. 11 gears
- 33x10. 5R15 BFG MTs on aluminum rims
- Belton 2. 5" lift springs (designed/correct for the BJ73)
- Toyota suspension seats (these are from a CDN BJ70 - were not offered in the JDM market. but I wanted them)
- Custom rock sliders
- 12V DC-DC converter
- Updated stereo
- Digital water and EGT gauge
- Custom "cruise control"
- Some body rust on lower edges of doors and rocker panels. not rusted through. Frame and structural components are great tho - surface corrosion only as appropriate for a 32 year old vehicle.
- Some significant paint chips from original Canadian life. see pics.
- Windshield is scratched from a mud incident. Its been this way for years so it's absolutely tolerable. however it does need to be replaced. Windshields are available in the US right from the dealership. p/n 56111-60230.
- Contains the infamous "SuperGlow" glow plug timer which no longer functions properly. as is typical. Glow plug system operates fine and starts easy. but you need to manually cycle the key to energize the plugs for the amount of time you deem necessary.
- Air conditioning works. but it does have a slow leak. The system has not been converted to R-134a. so filling it with R-22 is expensive and perhaps foolish. If you like I can charge the system with an "environmentally friendly" R-22 substitute like Envirosafe so you can verify that it works. but I suspect it will leak out over the course of a summer. R-134a conversions are not difficult on this vehicle.
I bought this truck back before I had a wife. a house. or a child. now that I have all three my transportation priorities have changed and he needs to move on. Originally built for the Japanese market. Moose was imported to Canada in 2000 - I purchased him from his Canadian owner in 2010 and personally (and legally) imported him to the States on his 25th birthday in December 2009. Clean Indiana title. currently located in Colorado. Passed Colorado emissions in 2015. Generally used as a daily/commuter since 2010. but mostly a garage queen since 2016.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Toyota cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $18,950.001987 Toyota Land Cruiser
price: $US $12,900.001985 Toyota Land Cruiser
price: $27,000.001980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 --
price: $11,050.00Toyota Yaris 2010 YR in West Kempsey, NSW
|1979 Toyota Land Cruiser||4||$59,995.00|
|1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40||4||$32,995.00|
|1988 Toyota FJ Cruiser Landcruiser||11||$US $10,000.00|
|1986 Toyota Supra||14||$6,000.00|
|1968 Toyota FJ Cruiser FJ40||21||$US $22,000.00|
|1968 Toyota Land Cruiser||21||$US $80,000.00|
|1971 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40||21||$US $20,100.00|
|1974 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40||21||$10,000.00|
|1981 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ42||21||$36,500.00|
|1980 Toyota Other GS300||12||$25,000.00|
|1975 Toyota Land Cruiser||21||$US $18,250.00|
|1980 Toyota Land Cruiser NA||11||$US $30,000.00|
|1981 Toyota Diesel Pickup Truck||11||$US $9,101.00|
|1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40||21||$US $19,995.00|
|1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40||21||$US $20,000.00|
|1986 Toyota Land Cruiser SX5||21||$US $10,100.00|
|1975 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40||21||$US $13,101.00|
|1987 Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy||14||$25,000.00|
|1987 Toyota Land Cruiser||2||$18,950.00|
|1986 Toyota Tacoma Tacoma, Other, Pickup, 4x4, SR5, SUV, EFI, 22RE,||21||$US $6,200.00|