1986 Toyota Camry
Sale price: $2,250.00 make an offer
Last update: 11.04.2017
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Trim:||Luxury Edition (LE)|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1986 Toyota Camry for sale
*To avoid scamming. this is a cash only sale*
Up for sale is my stock 1986 Toyota Camry LE. 1986 is the last year of the first generation Toyota Camry's.
This car was purchased in February 2014 to drive around in while I was restoring my daily driver at the time. The car made such a good daily driver that I continued to use it until now. Much of the miles put on are from my back-and-forth highway commuting between school (~10 mile drive) and my parents' home (~130 mile trip).
I recently purchased a newer daily driver and no longer need the Camry. It ran flawlessly in every environment it was put up against. Rain. snow. hot (summer). cold (winter). city or highway. this Camry will start up and get you through it all.
I have never broken down in the 40. 00 miles I've driven the car.
On average. my gas mileage would hang around 25-29 mpg.
There are no cracks in the dash.
There are no overheating issues.
There are no tears in the seats.
Spare tire is included (located in the trunk)
The car runs and shifts smoothly and quietly at highway speeds. While this car is not quick off the line. you should have no problem driving with the flow of traffic.
Everything! This car is fully functional and ready to go!
- Power locks
- Power windows
- Power steering
- Cruise control
- All lights (interior and exterior)
- A/C. Heat. and Defrost
- Electric mirrors
- Radio (Kenwood DPX301U)
Everything is in proper working order
What needs to be fixed?
- The front brake pads and calipers need replacing
- The head gasket could use replacing (although there is no oil burning)
- The muffler has some rust
- The rear window defroster needs new contact points
- Front speakers (they work. but not very well)
- Needs new radio antenna
- There is normal wear and tear of a 30 year old car (small dents. minor surface rust. etc. )
A few things you need to know (Repairs and Maintenance) *chronological*:
- The radiator was replaced July 27. 2015 by Looper Service Center in Rockville. Maryland.
- This car was in one accident during my ownership. I was t-boned on the passenger side in February 2015. The accident was at residential speeds and the damage affected both passenger doors. The accident did not damage the frame and replacement doors were found and installed.
During the repairs. I decided to have the entire car repainted and treated in semi-gloss. These repairs were all completed between May 28 - June 24. 2015 by Maaco of Gaithersburg. Maryland.
- The entire transmission assembly was replaced in June 2016 by Vernon's Transmission Shop in Salisbury. Maryland. The transmission has an active full coverage warranty! If anything goes wrong with this transmission. it should be at NO cost to you.
This is a great car for anyone living anywhere. It makes for a great first car. a great commuter car or a great project car. Although it's no Lamborghini. I've had multiple encounters with people who love this car. For some. it's the retro boxy design. for others. it's Toyota's global reputation for producing phenomenal workhorses. For some perspective. our family 2000 Toyota 4Runner currently has 396. 00 miles on the original engine! I've even been taking the car out to Katie's Cars & Coffee car show every now and then. This Camry can easily push out another 100. 00 miles in the right hands. I will miss it.
Buyer is responsible for pick up / shipping.
My price is firm!
The average retail price in 2017 for a 1986 Toyota Camry LE is $2. 50
If you would like to see more pictures or video. feel free to contact me
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Lamborghini cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $109,000.001969 Chevrolet Camaro
price: $385,000.001988 Lamborghini Countach --
price: $US $40,000.001968 Chevrolet Camaro SS
price: $7,695.001986 LAMBORGHINI REPLICA