MG : MGB GT
Sale price: $7,922.00 make an offer
Last update: 11.08.2013
Technical specifications, photos and description:
This is a very rare example of the MGB. It combines several features which possibly make it unique.
1) The factory sunroof was fitted to only 14 GT's imported into North America.
2) It has split rear bumpers which were only fitted for half of one model year.
3) Overdrive gives it the equivalent of a 6 speed gearbox which with the complete sound insulation kit. including under hood. makes for much quieter cruising.
4) A Kenlowe electric radiator fan reduces power loss and also reduces noise levels. The cut-in temperature can be selected.
5) A factory oil cooler is fitted. Oil pressure is good.
6) The car was de-smogged and the combustion chambers modified to improve performance. NB All the removed smog equipment is included.
7) The windshield and interior are new with cloth seats including new foams. new ceiling and all interior panels and carpets.
8) The twin rear batteries were removed and replaced by a single large battery under the hood. This gives better balance on the GT as it counterbalances the weight of the rear glass.
8) The car was repainted 6 months ago with 4 coats of enamel in Porsche Guards Red and is immaculate.
9) The car is completely rust free. It came from Florida. has been kept in a warm dry garage. nbsp;and has never been in rain or snow since I bought it in 1988. I have used it very little. only 2000 miles or so. As I am 77. I don't need it anymore. but I do want the garage space.
10) The sunroof was re-covered 2 years ago and is like new. It can be operated while moving with one hand.
11) A recent service replaced the headlamps. rear lenses. handbrake cable. wheel brake cylinders. the carbs were rebuilt. the overdrive was serviced. nbsp;and the brake fluid changed.
This is a superb example of the GT. It looks great and is a pleasure to drive. it has all the desirable options. and I am pretty sure there isn't another one like it.
I am asking a low price because I really want it to go.
Also published at eBay.ca
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Don , dated 01 january 2016
I'm interested in your car and l would like to know if you could take pictures under the door sill / structural frame and the engine for me.
All so has the engine ever been rebuilt? you can text me at.
Cell 250 709 2943
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $9,995.001979 MG MGB
price: £6,500.00MG Magnette
price: $36,000.00MG TF 1954 Maroon in NSW
price: £24,995.00MGTF 2 Door Roadster 1250CC XPAG
|1957 MG MGA Roadster||12||$1,100.00|
|1963 MG Midget Unspecified||12||$8,900.00|
|1957 MG MGA ROASTER CONVERTIBLE||17||$17,700.00|
|1980 MG MGB MGB||12||$2,900.00|
|1974 MG Midget Midget MK III||11||$6,000.00|
|1964 MG MGB||20||$25,000.00|
|1954 MG T-Series||21||$35,000.00|
|1968 MG MGB GT||14||$US $6,500.00|
|1957 MG MGA Roadster||21||$4,900.00|
|1977 MG MGB CONVERTIBLE - REFRESHED - 73K MI||4||$US $6,500.00|
|1974 MG MGB||5||$7,200.00|
|1978 MG MGB||10||$6,000.00|
|1974 MG MGB Roadster||6||$US $5,000.00|
|1976 MG MGB||11||$1,900.00|
|1980 MG MGB B- convertible||11||$US $4,000.00|
|1974 MG MGB||21||$7,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||21||$US $23,900.00|
|1969 MG MGB||11||$13,500.00|
|1974 MG MGB||21||$US $2,000.00|