1967 Replica/Kit Makes SUPER "7"
Sale price: $US $18,300.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1967 Replica/Kit Makes SUPER "7" for sale
Current customer rating: (33 votes) based on
2003 Superformance Super "7"
Lotus Superformance S1 Super "7"
Zetec Powered Super 7 Lotus Superformance S1 Super "7"
Zetec Powered Super 7 - Considerable Mechanical Upgrades
Extremely Well Built / Factory Manufactured by Superformance
200~ Horsepower. 5 Speed Ford T-9. Wilwood Brakes. 1. 00+ lbs!!
Fast. Incredible Handling and Comfortable Too!
Stunning in Maya Green / Black Interior
NOTE: WE SHOW THE CAR AS A 1967 SINCE EBAY WOULD NOT ACCEPT THE VIN USING A 2003 MODEL YEAR. THE CAR IS TITLED AS A 2003. Also. our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model. considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However. we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However. if you are not prepared to read the full listing. please read the OVERVIEW below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer. please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Superformance and answer any questions over the telephone. including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes. the Superformace can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
Manufactured by Superformance. the company responsible for the manufacture of the premier Cobra. Noble and the Daytona. As with the Superformance Cobra. Daytona and others. these vehicles are factory assembled and represent a level of quality that cannot be duplicated with "garage built” cars. The Superformance is not a "kit” car. and was constructed as a fully assembled car. in a controlled factory environment.
When Superformance considered production of a Super Seven. they wanted it to represent the "best of the best”. consistent with their other vehicles. So. prior to beginning the production effort. they wanted to take the best features of each of the "7” cars and incorporate them into the S1 Superformance Super Seven. They dissected all of the available cars and built the S1 which. in our opinion. represents the best "7” available in the era. A close visual inspection and some time behind the wheel demonstrates that they exceeded their objective of building a superior "7. ”
So why is the S1 a better Seven? Let's start with the tube frame which is made of square tubes and is very rigid. Superformance wanted to make a light car (less than 1400 lbs with the engine and transmission). but they also wanted it to be strong. and so they put in a few more square tubes to make that a reality. The body work is very high quality fiberglass and aluminum with very tight seams. better than one sees on many production cars! The suspension is very well engineered with more ways to adjust the front end then anything short of an F1 car. The rear suspension includes a sophisticated Mumford link system that keeps the weight very low in the car. Further. Superformance sweated the details: the sump is protected by a Kevlar sump cover and the entire under tray of the car is clad in aluminum with a fiberglass rear diffuser that integrates beautifully into the rear body work. The car also has a good sized trunk (5 cubic feet which is bigger than a Mazda Miata) that has a solid cover that locks! There is a lockable glove box. fresh air ventilation with two speed fan assist. heat. and a windshield with electronic defroster. An unusual feature is the high quality doors with windows that slide up and down (and act as wind blockers) as well as a top that is well engineered such that it can be used as a t-top if one wants or stored in a bag in the trunk. The doors can also be removed for that motorcycle feeling (they also fit in the trunk). The interior has a carbon fiber dash with (from left to right) oil pressure. tach. oil temp. water temp. speedo. and clock. The steering wheel is 10 inches in diameter and is removable and locks into place. The seats are great fitting with 5-point Willians harnesses plus the whole interior is well finished and padded. The seats do not move in the S1. rather the pedals are on a carriage and they move with the turn of a large aluminum knob under the dash.
It is important to note that during the past 30 years. we have had the pleasure of driving a significant number of the available 7's and have owned in excess of a dozen Super 7's that include early Lotus 7's. Caterham's. Birkin's. World Class Motor Cars (WCM's). and hand built recreations of other Lotus cars. We've been fortunate to experience a wide range of cars with varying power-plants including 75 horsepower engines up to 300 hp examples.
We have spent considerable time in Super 7's and enjoy the pure sports car experience that they offer. They are a true driver's cars and many think the closest thing to a race car for the street. While the choice of one car over another is certainly subjective. personally. we feel that the S1 offers benefits that are not available with other Super 7's. Not only is the build quality of the Superformacne exceptional. the drive-line choice of a 200~ hp reliable Ford injected engine. and stout 5 speed provides exhilarating performance and incredible handling.
Highlights of this particular Superformance S1 include:
- Carries a clean New York title as a "Custom Vehicle” and previous Ohio title as an "Assembled Vehicle” - Can be titled/licensed in many states. please check local requirements (carries proper 17 digit VIN #)
- Finished in Maya green. a striking medium green metallic. very befitting for a "7"
- The front cycle wings covered with carbon fibre wrap to protect them and allow for removal / replacement in the eventuality of minor road chips and nicks
- Rear wings (fenders) have carbon fibre protection on vulnerable front areas
- 3M "clear bra" covers the front nose of the car
- Cosmetically. the car remains in excellent condition with no partial re-painting. or significant damage
- Never raced & adult owned / driven
-Superior fit and finish. certainly compared to "home built" Caterham's / Birkin's
- The entire under tray of the car is clad in aluminum with a fiberglass rear diffuser and a Kevlar sump guard - Excellent damage free condition
- Easily removable doors are fitted with incorporated hard (plexi-glass) windows that slide up/down (Refer to photos showing the car in various configurations)
- The canvas top can be used as a structure for a "T-top" with the doors left in place or the car can be configured as totally open. A canvas bag stores the bits that fit in the trunk (a rarity on a Super 7)
- Large. locking rear trunk with a capacity of 5 cubic feet unheard of in virtually all other Super 7's
The interior has a carbon fibre dash with a full complement of gauges including:
- Oil pressure (reads 90 lbs. cold)
- Oil temperature
- Water temperature
- Speedometer & odometer
- Working clock. all functional
- Very nicely finished interior with material surrounding the seats / console
- Comfortable but form fitting sport seats
- Willians 5-point belts
- Fixed seats but a great design includes a fully adjustable pedal box that is moved with the turn of a large knob mounted under the driver's side foot-well. The adjustable box can be seen in the engine bay photos.
- A 10" leather wheel is fitted that allows additional space for larger / taller drivers. Superformance indicated that a driver of 6'3"+. Note: we have had a 6'2” 250 lb. driver operate the "7” with no problem.
-The glove box is lockable (included but currently removed) and ventilation is provided with the assistance of a two speed fan. heater and heated front windshield defroster.
These small improvements are all but unheard of in the world of Super 7's.
Mechanically. the car is not only well built but totally sorted and 100% reliable
- Power is provided by a crate Ford Zetec 2. 0 litre DHC engine (fewer than 14K miles since new and receiving quality mechanical improvements) that received a number of upgrades when it was initially installed including:
- Crane cams
- Webcon Gold fuel injection unit
- K&N fitted aluminum air box
- Ceramic coated headers and other upgrades
- Transmission is a Ford T9. short throw 5 speed
- The 7 is fitted with an Alpha engine management system that offers various levels of "tune" utilizing 3 chips. The car is currently fitted using the "mid-level" chip.
- Brakes are Wilwood 4-piston on all four corners
- Fitted with dual brake master cylinders
- Brake bias is adjustable and update EBC brake pads are installed
-Tires are excellent. Yokohama ADVAN AD08 (Extreme Summer Performance)
- Emergency brake is functional. and properly adjusted
The Superformance comes with a large selection of spare parts including;
- An extra set of factory S1 wheels (Un-mounted)
- Additional engine management chips ("mid” performance chip currently installed for reliability and excellent drivability)
- Boxes of extra factory or upgraded components
- Wheel centers. throttle body cables. rubber radiator and other hoses. body weather trim. clutch release bearings. pulleys. spare suspension bits. new and used seals. gaskets and many other parts. Of course. all of the soft weather gear (hardly used) is included.
- A complete build manual and ownership documentation / history are included
Please call us if we can answer any questions or discuss a "Buy it Now” price. delivery options. or any questions regarding Classic Cars Ltd.
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same. small. California town for over 23 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar". indoor showroom. and specialize in the sale. consignment. and purchase of sports. high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local. private owners and collectors. and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars. with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally. and around the country. As a result. we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales. such as wholesale auctions. salvage sales. or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles. or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique. classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay. or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate. complete. and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers. terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 909+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured. bonded. and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50. 00 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers. and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- The Superformance carries a clean New York title as a 2003 Custom convertible and has previously been licensed and registered in Ohio as an "Assembled Vehicle. ” While many states will allow titling utilizing a variety of alternatives. we cannot be familiar with each states titling requirements and ask that you PLEASE CHECK LICENSING / TITLING REQUIREMENTS IN YOUR STATE to be sure the car can be titled for street use (if that is your intention).
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles. we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle). thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle. California buyers will be subject to sales tax. a documentation fee. DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads. sales-tax. license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also. if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives. etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Lotus by serious. qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As a race car. we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However. we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles. and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback. standing in the community. length of time in business. and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips. nicks. scratches. etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration. or even a relatively new. used "pre-owned" vehicle.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but. in some instances. has been provided by the car's owner. previous owners. or outside sources. As a result. we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Thanks you. br /> Classic Cars Ltd.
Body Type / Style:Coupe Exterior Color:Maya Green Interior Color:Black Engine:4 Cylinder Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Mileage:13. 72 Drive:Rear Doors:N/A
Alfa Engine Management System
Aluminum Body / Hood
Factory Bucket Seats
Factory Center Console
Front Sway Bar
Oil Cooler / Fan
Runs / Drives Very Well
Webcon fuel injection
Terms & Conditions
Buyers outside of California will be responsible for a $195. 00 fee for processing/administration. The charge will apply if the vehicle is purchased through ebay or before or after the auction. directly through Classic Cars Ltd.
The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere. We reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. We will be glad to discuss details of a "pre-auction" purchase (925) 846 1451.
Inspections of vehicles are encouraged but (by appointment only) must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
Out of state buyers are responsible for the high bid and any shipping costs. California buyers are subject to the appropriate sales tax. DMV transfer. and fees associated with the purchase of any used vehicle sale in the state of California.
To avoid shipping the title with the car to our out of state buyers. we mail the title via Priority Mail.
While shipping and transportation costs (if appropriate) are the responsibility of the winning bidder. we can assist with locating a suitable transporter. We regularly ship cars all over the USA/World. and can often times locate very competitive rates for transporting vehicles door to door. to a local terminal. enclosed. open. etc. Please call us for specific information/rates to your location.
We meet some great people and fellow enthusiasts. and only rarely do we have problems with non-paying bidders. Please be certain that you are prepared to buy the car if you bid. or call us at 925-846-1451 before the end of the auction if we can answer any questions. If you have a "sunglass" rating or fewer than 10 feedback ratings on eBay. please call us before you bid so that we can discuss the bidding process. etc. If we do not hear from you. we reserve the right to delete your bid.
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd. On Sep-04-16 at 07:12:31 PDT. seller added the following information:
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Lotus cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £23,695.00A Formidable and Ferocious Lotus Esprit V8 GT with Just 34,636 Miles from New.
price: $22,000.001989 Turbo. 22800 miles. White on white
price: $US $13,601.001958 Replica/Kit Makes 1958 PORSCHE 356 SPEEDSTER CABRIOLET REPLICA 1958 PORSCHE SPEEDSTER CABRIOLET REPLICA
price: $25,995.001982 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition
|1960 Porsche 356||12||$US $49,900.00|
|1972 Lotus Super Seven S4||4||$22,995.00|
|1960 Lotus Elite||16||$119,000.00|
|1982 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition||21||$25,995.00|
|1984 Replica/Kit Makes Westfield Seven||21||$US $15,000.00|
|1959 Lotus Elite||12||$80,000.00|
|1966 Lotus Elan SE||21||$36,900.00|
|1977 Lotus Esprit S1 Coupe||12||$44,995.00|
|1970 Oldsmobile VISTA CRUISER GLASS ROOF WAGON VISTA CRUISER 442 HOOD & WHEELS||21||$24,950.00|
|1975 jenson healey||21||$6,900.00|
|1965 Other Makes MKIII S/C||12||$67,995.00|
|1962 Replica/Kit Makes LOTUS SUPER 7 MEGABUSA||9||$22,000.00|
|1972 Lotus Other||21||$18,500.00|
|1969 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior --||21||$48,930.00|
|1957 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 --||21||$54,995.00|
|1982 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition||21||$25,995.00|
|1952 Cadillac DeVille Convertible||12||$US $85,000.00|
|1958 Nash Metropolitan 2DR HARDTOP||12||$US $17,500.00|
|1972 Lotus Super Seven S4||4||$22,995.00|
|1965 Other Makes MKIII S/C||21||$67,995.00|