MGB ROADSTER 1965
Sale price: £8,500.00 make an offer
Last update: 26.06.2013
Technical specifications, photos and description:
MGB ROADSTER 1965 – MARK ONE - PULL DOOR HANDLE - TARTAN RED WITH BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR.
This is a privately owned vehicle. which represents an opportunity to acquire a classic early MGB. on which a vast amount of work has already been completed.
An original Mark One - Chrome Bumper car. which has been extensively and expensively restored over the last 24 months.
The car is genuinely as bright as it looks in the photographs. having been securely garaged all its life. never used in rain since restoration. and has had period-correct parts replaced where necessary - and possible.
Ø Correct three-synchromesh gearbox
Ø Correct Mark 1 front wings - with appropriate gap between indicator and wing edge
Ø Original new-old-stock 1964 tonneau cover
Ø Original grey frame folding hood - with excellent soft top
Ø Heritage certificate available
Car has chrome wire wheels. and excellent tyres. in the correct 165 size tyres (not oversize/low profile) including the spare. and the original toolkit.
Work completed over the last 24 months includes:
1. Full professional respray. at a cost of £2500 (photographic record available).
2. New front valance — correct mark one model.
3. Boot - which is carpeted - was extensively restored before purchase. and is in excellent order.
4. Principally new chrome.
5. Plates are in pressed aluminium.
6. Interior re-trim
7. Moto Lita leather wheel/original period gear knob.
8. Replacement padded door tops.
9. Replacement door rubbers
10. New radio aerial
11. New fixing studs for roof
12. New fully fitted moulded carpets throughout
13. Replacement radio console
14. Period Motorola pushbutton radio
15. Reconditioned dash
16. Reconditioned windscreen with majority of new rubbers
17. Recovered dash top
18. Most switches replaced on the dashboard and rewiring when necessary
19. Stainless steel mesh on air intake
20. Car runs on unleaded petrol. and has had much engine work prior to my purchase.
21. A vast range of mechanical checks and upgrades. including brand new distributor. coil. condenser. rotor arm. and plugs (last month).
22. New dynamo and regulator
23. Reconditioned carburettors
24. New battery
Any questions re the car can be directed to me by email.
Brand new MOT until July 2014 to be supplied with the car; free road tax
To summarise. this a vehicle where much time & money has been expended.
The car genuinely shines from front to rear. and has just had a full re-polish using Carnuba wax.
I am only selling as I have too many vehicles. and need additional space to store new projects - under cover.
Please. no overseas buyers. scams and non-genuine ebayers
1. Please note that this is the non-overdrive car. as originally supplied and validated by the Heritage certificate; a conversion to overdrive could easily be made with the appropriate gearbox and prop shaft.
2. The chrome wire wheels look better in the photographs than perhaps they are. with the outer rims in excellent condition. and the use of high-quality chrome cleaner should be able to remove some surface rust; however. these wheels are not as immaculate as the rest of the vehicle. and if the vehicle is to be used in concours or equivalent. will require some additional cleaning/restoration.
3. I have not had the time to undertake or complete any under bonnet detailing; hence. the final stage of the renovation would be to re-detail. etc.
Viewing arrangements by E-mail only please in the Berks area.
The final successful bid price will be the selling price and this is not negotiable after the sale. Please do not bid if you are not serious about buying. Buyer to sign 'Sold as Seen' declaration.
Realistic starting price.
I will require a 10% Paypal deposit. within three days of close of bidding. and the balance by cash upon collection.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,995.00MG/ MGF B
price: £4,995.001964 MG MIDGET MK2 - BRITISH RACING GREEN - LEATHER SEATS, MOHAIR HOOD, NEW MOT
price: $US $6,400.001958 MG MGA MGA
price: £4,495.00MGB GT coupe 1978 damask red in great original condition with sensible mods
|1955 MG TF||12||$22,750.00|
|1962 MG MGA MKII||12||$24,995.00|
|1923 MG Other||13||$US $15,000.00|
|1978 MG Midget||19||$US $2,500.00|
|1978 MG MGB||13||$1,000.00|
|1961 MG MGA||21||$US $10,300.00|
|1967 MG Other||5||$5,000.00|
|1980 MG MGB||17||$US $1,033.00|
|1964 MG MGB||21||$22,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB roadster||21||$US $1,500.00|
|1966 MG MGB||19||$24,990.00|
|1971 MG Other||21||$US $3,000.00|
|1970 MG MGB GT||16||$14,750.00|
|1972 MG MGB Roadster||21||$US $3,750.00|
|1978 MG MGB||13||$US $700.00|
|1979 MG MGB||21||$4,000.00|
|1975 MG MGB Bracken Autumn Leaf/Black||21||$9,900.00|
|1971 MG MGB||21||$US $500.00|
|1974 MG MGB Gb||19||$6,900.00|
|1977 MG MGB||21||$6,800.00|