1980 Volkswagen Scirocco
Sale price: $US $1,500.00 make an offer
Last update: 11.09.2016
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||1.6L 1588CC 97Cu. In. l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated|
|Trim:||Base Coupe 2-Door|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1980 Volkswagen Scirocco for sale
Current customer rating: (39 votes) based on
I have too many projects going on and am ready to sell this rare car to the next enthusiast. You can restore it to original stock condition. or do what I was going to do which was to install a 2. 0 liter engine w/16 valve head or 1. 8 turbo Audi TT engine. 17" BBS wheels. H&R springs. black abs fender flares. etc. The choice is yours. This car has TONS of potential.
This is an ideal restoration candidate because:
1. It's an original blue license plate California car
2. It has never been in an accident and has a super straight body
3. It has minimal surface rust
4. Indiana Red Metallic is one of the prettiest colors for this wedge shaped Giugiaro designed 70's era car (like the burnt orange/red Lotus Esprit Turbo in James Bond's For Your Eyes Only)
Comes with an assortment of spare parts that are easily worth MORE than my starting bid amount:
- extra set of original Scirocco seats (NOT Rabbit seats- made especially for Scirocco only) that can easily be re-upholstered and sold for $1k+
- rare Porsche wheels ($650+ on Ebay)
- original tan carpet kit w/heel protector in excellent condition
- rebuilt speedometer and tachometer (from North Hollywood Speedometer)
- extra wood paneled instrument cluster in excellent condition ($200+)
- Front Zender spoiler
- extra fuse box in perfect unused condition ($200+)
- original owner's manual
- original Scirocco trunk emblem
What it needs:- volt meter & oil temp gauges for center console ($60/each on Ebay)- air/heater controls (interchangeable w/Rabbit. Jetta. very inexpensive and available on Ebay)- Speedometer/tachometer not connected (needs cables- already rebuilt by North Hollywood Speedometer)- Wiring for instrument cluster functions reconnected (can be done together when speedo/tachometer are re-connected)
These cars are getting rarer. and with the price of classic cars skyrocketing (MK1 Scirocco's are selling $10k+). this is a great original example to restore and will only appreciate in value over time.
Vehicle is currently located at my mechanic's shop in Los Angeles.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Lotus cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $1,825.001973 JENSEN HEALEY LOTUS ENGINE NO RUST
price: £18,000.00Ford Cortina Mk2 Lotus (Twincam) 1970 Red
price: £14,995.00Lotus Elise 1.8 S1
price: £29,950.001961 Lotus SEVEN / 7 Series 2 Best Example you will find Read this !