MINI CLUBMAN EST V8 1972, Rover V8, UN1, GT40, Mid Engine 4.5 ltr
Sale price: £10,000.00 make an offer
Technical specifications, photos and description:
· Rover SD1 1979 3. 5 Ltr engine block bored out to 93. 5mm with special liners. developed for the SD1 racing series.
· Rovercraft Steel billet crank with 82mm stroke.
· Cross bolted block.
· Crower special grind cam shaft.
· Childs & Albert Alloy con rods with Ross pistons and total seal piston rings. Spare con rod set included in sale.
· Stage 5 fully ported head with ultra big valves 43mm & 37mm. bronze valve guides.
· Roller rockers and solid lifters with large diameter lightened push rods.
· Over size ARP head studs.
· Composite head gaskets & 10. 5-1 CR.
· Webber 500 carb and Edelbock performer manifold with modified cooling ports.
· Ducted cold air induction.
· Fully baffled trap door sump.
· 349BHP on engine dyno.
· Engine spec and ring gap built and ready to take NOS cheater system +250BHP. Injector plate fitted and bottle included in sale.
· Renault 21 turbo transaxle UN1.
· AP racing clutch fitted to lightweight rover flywheel.
· Bespoke drive shafts from Dave Mac Propshafts Ltd.
· Bespoke rod type gear shift mechanism.
· Mallory Unilite distributer.
· Mallory MSD 6AL CDI ignition module with twin rev limiter. max & launch control.
· MSD blaster 2 coil.
· Memcor 10mm HT leads.
· Edelbrock electric fuel pump.
· CSR billet remote electric water pump.
· Fully bespoke exhaust system by J E Exhausts Ltd.
· Mitsubishi Evo Ally Radiator with twin electric fans.
· SPA combined stepper motor tacho and speedo with shift lights.
· Gauges - oil pressure. oil temp. Water temp. fuel & battery amps.
Suspension and Steering:
· Standard front sub-frame with adjustable coilovers and fully adjustable lower arms.
· Bespoke rear sub-frame with fully adjustable double wishbones and adjustable coilovers.
· Standard steering geometry fitted with standard steering rack.
· Modified steering column with increased rake and double universal joint.
· Standard front hubs with mini metro turbo discs and callipers.
· Modified Renault Scenic front hubs fitted at rear with BMW mini rear callipers and handbrake cables.
· Adjustable front/rear brake balance.
This project has been a hobby for me and my son over the past 6 years. there are other V8 mini's around but we wanted to make one that was not compromised on looks or performance. it had to look like a mini. drive like a Mini and be useable. and very fast. Although this is a modified Mini it's been built with service and repair in mind. all of the components likely to wear out are standard and off the shelf.
For me the fun has been in building the Mini. having used and enjoyed it for two seasons it's time to look for a new project.
This Mini can be driven anywhere. it can poodle around just cruising. be thrashed on a track or fly down the drag strip. I've never fitted slicks or the NOS system but it can still do a 13 second ¼ mile. Top speed depends on the max rev limit set. each 1000rpm gives 20mph so with a 7000rpm limit you can reach 140mph. I've currently got the 8000rpm limit chip fitted.
Fully re-built and modified body shell with removable fibreglass flip front. fully welded front/rear roll cage. Doors are steel with poly carb windows for safety. rear door is aluminium. Rear subframe can be unbolted and the car lifted off. or the removal of two strut bars allows easy access to remove engine or gearbox. Access to the front of the engine is via a removable bulkhead.
Mini World feature summer 2010. copy of mag included in sale.
Any questions please message or call me in the evenings on 01455 272895. or call my son any time on 07790 590682.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Gardar Larusson, dated 15 december 2016
Hi. I am interested in your V8 Clubman. Is it still for sale? As the pedal box and steering rack are standard Mini, a lhd conversion seems easy, or am I missing sth?.
from Gardar Larusson, dated 15 december 2016
Hi. I am interested in your V8 Clubman. Is it still for sale?
from callum, dated 19 april 2015
hi there i love your mini !, i too have a clubman, 1275gt though, im absolutely in love with the colour of this! is there any chance of acquiring the paint code from you? would be much appreciated, thanks!
Other classic Rover cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,000.00range rover classic
price: £7,995.001999 Classic Rover Mini Cooper with Full Sunroof in Morello Red
price: £7,995.002000 Rover Mini Cooper British Racing Green
price: £3,000.001992 classic mini city 998cc 72 bhp 47000 miles good condition 12 months MOT
|1973 Ford F-250 Ranger XLT||21||$US $510.00|
|1973 Land Rover Other||21||$35,900.00|
|1979 Toyota Land Cruiser||12||$39,995.00|
|1975 Land Rover Other||7||$15,000.00|
|1975 Land Rover Defender||21||$US $4,550.00|
|1975 Land Rover Defender 88 Series III||21||$US $5,200.00|
|1977 Land Rover Defender --||16||$14,998.00|
|1966 Land Rover Defender||15||$US $5,100.00|
|1979 Land Rover Defender||19||$29,900.00|
|1967 Land Rover Series 2A||8||$13,500.00|
|1978 Land Rover Series 3 109||12||$13,500.00|
|1976 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series Diesel||2||$14,950.00|
|1969 Land Rover Other||14||$44,900.00|
|1974 Land Rover Other||12||$US $7,700.00|
|1973 Land Rover Range Rover Desert racer||12||$US $30,100.00|
|1973 Land Rover Range Rover||10||$68,000.00|
|1962 Land Rover Other 88 RHD||4||$US $6,100.00|
|1977 Land Rover Defender --||16||$14,998.00|
|1962 Replica/Kit Makes||9||$22,000.00|